Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1757 1758 [1759] 1760 1761 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694670 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: R.I.P Bambi Edition
« Reply #26370 on: August 06, 2013, 07:24:15 am »

Came home to discover my dishwasher had not only failed to wash the dishes I put in it, but that it's now refusing to do anything at all.  I may also have managed to remove a part that I believe only the original engineer could reattach with 15 specialized tools.  Oops.

Oh well, another note sent to maintenance.  This makes 3 major appliances / pieces of hardware failing in the last month.  I've lived here six years, and it all just starts falling apart at once.  They probably think I'm just doing this because I'm moving out at the end of the month (finally).

Hey, maybe when the maintenance guy opens the dishwasher and sees the 100 cockroaches inside, the building will realize that whatever they're trying to do to get rid of them for the last 2 years isn't working!

So glad I'm moving out...
Through pain, I find wisdom.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #26371 on: August 06, 2013, 11:27:31 am »

I've been eagerly awaiting two different mod releases for awhile now, MISERY 2.0 and Project Reality 1.0. Well, they've both came out around the same time and I managed to play both recently. MISERY 2.0 is a massive disappointment, and the developers have made it into a gigantic clusterfuck of unbalanced mechanics to impose "Difficulty" and "Realism", and it completely fails and makes the game unplayable. I don't shy away from hardcore or realistic games, but MISERY 2.0 is broken. NPC's have unlimited ammo, perfect condition guns, and can kill you in one to two hits (generally regardless of armor) from a long distance. If you do manage to kill them, they magically only drop a completely broken gun (Traders don't buy broken guns, and repairing them costs more than buying an actual 100% repaired version of it.) They also only drop two to three bullets at a time, which is ridiculous. Along with that, everything in the game is so ridiculously overpriced you can't afford to buy anything at all, and even if you do get a good gun ammo is so ridiculous you're literally burning rubles with every shot. Not to mention the various crashes and bugs, despite the developers claiming there were little to none and that they went through extensive closed testing. There's also a few missing features that were promised (Cooking) that the developers are now backtracking on saying that they never promised that. Oh, and there's proof that a majority of the beta testers were using cheats to try to test out the game, and still couldn't complete it without trouble.

I figure "Oh, well MISERY 2.0 is shit but hey, at least I can play Project Reality!" So I start playing Project Reality, and there's a bug in the game where servers will randomly crash and force all players to CTD every ten to thirty minutes. Fuck.

I forgot to reply to this a couple days ago.

Was really looking forward to Misery. Installed it....

And the game stutters and crashes as soon as it loads the first level.

Welp, another mod I won't be looking at. After reading your comments bdthemag, I don't even care enough to get it working to see for myself. It always amazes me how much work goes into these mods, all the presentation aspects and materials....and the final product is crap.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #26372 on: August 06, 2013, 05:45:26 pm »

... just give them a fake one?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #26373 on: August 06, 2013, 05:54:14 pm »

Hn. Aren't there like, online phones or something? Or those... track phones, or whatever. Throwaway, buy-by-minute stuff.

Definitely means I'll probably never actually upload anything to youtube, though. Probably wouldn't have anyway, but... yeah.
Ask not!
Ask!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #26374 on: August 06, 2013, 06:05:50 pm »

Wow, fuck that. There's literally no excuse for needing that info in this day and age, other than "To do stuff, you agree to let us sell your contact information."

I swear, every time someone posts a frustration with Google or Youtube here, it makes me that much more glad I never started tying my interests/hobbies to it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #26375 on: August 06, 2013, 07:10:19 pm »

Sunburn. Not the sunburn itself, as that's healing and being a lot less painful in general, but dear god my entire back is itchy.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26376 on: August 06, 2013, 07:14:08 pm »

I get the problem with my laptop's hard drive solved, and not five days later my laptop's battery won't charge.  I can my laptop without the battery in it, so it's not a problem with the charger.  I've spent maybe three hours trying to fix this, and this appears to be a major problem with a lot of dells laptops.  And none of the common solutions (Solution that's I've found on at least 10 different help threads) have worked so far. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #26377 on: August 06, 2013, 08:05:20 pm »

... just give them a fake one?
You use it to verify, which means that I'll have to give them my actual one to do said verification.

Check out Mask Me. You have to pay a monthly fee, but you can generate phone numbers that forward the call to your real phone. You can disable any calls to that number if they start sending junk. I use their free service for masking my email and haven't had a problem.

Probably not worth $10 a month for most people, but it's an idea.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26378 on: August 06, 2013, 08:20:55 pm »

Dear random preacher on the radio,

"God-flow" is not a word.

Thank you for your attention.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #26379 on: August 06, 2013, 08:23:32 pm »

... does sound like a good base for a lot of rather horrible jokes, though. Makes me wonder if there's any relation to Flow-Max.

And that's just the start of the cavalcade of divine themed horrors that could come out of "God-flow".
Ask not!
Ask!

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #26380 on: August 06, 2013, 08:34:19 pm »

After trying to avoid giving google my phone number, they decided that to upload videos longer than 15 minutes requires it.

What about the people who don't have a mobile phone? Eh? They exist. *cough*me*cough*

It's segregation, man. Row row fight da powuh and all that.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26381 on: August 06, 2013, 08:53:49 pm »

I have a $10 Tracphone. Does that still count?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #26382 on: August 06, 2013, 08:55:58 pm »

After trying to avoid giving google my phone number, they decided that to upload videos longer than 15 minutes requires it.
What about the people who don't have a mobile phone? Eh? They exist. *cough*me*cough*

Now why is that? Distrust, paranoia? You want to stay off the grid? What are you hiding? Tell me.
NSA was not here...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #26383 on: August 06, 2013, 09:08:39 pm »

Bloody buggery things are expensive and annoying. That's reason enough, aye.
Ask not!
Ask!

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #26384 on: August 06, 2013, 09:35:12 pm »

Now why is that? Distrust, paranoia? You want to stay off the grid? What are you hiding? Tell me.
NSA was not here...
It's just not really necessary for my lifestyle at the moment. Personally, I like the peace of mind. I'm not obligated to check the internetz every five minutes when I'm out. Also because I'd rather shell the money out for guitar equipment or music or videogamez or things I have more interest in. If I need emergency communication I could easily ask another dude to borrow their phone, or if I'm all by myself when such emergency communication is needed, then I guess I'm just frakked.

Thanks for taking such an interest NSA.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 1757 1758 [1759] 1760 1761 ... 3345