Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1729 1730 [1731] 1732 1733 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692003 times)

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Rose-tinted Edition
« Reply #25950 on: July 26, 2013, 07:22:03 am »

I've been friends with homosexuals, pedosexuals, zoosexuals, objectosexuals, polyamorists and even a couple people that pick up dead chicks from the local cemetery. I myself am someone that seeks love and companionship through women in video games, anime and other forms of multimedia and fiction. All I have to say is that as long as you aren't hurting anyone with what you love you should be able to love who and what you love regardless of the circumstances. That doesn't include making sure you don't offend people and their finicky sensibilities because it's just common sense for a lot of people that not everyone is going to like the same things that everyone else likes. You can't please everyone with just one thing and if you could we probably would have never gotten out of the Stone Age.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #25951 on: July 26, 2013, 07:25:58 am »

Yeah. No offence, but with such friends you are the perfect guy to take advice from imhbpnuso >.>
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 07:33:42 am by Dutchling »

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25952 on: July 26, 2013, 07:33:50 am »

Yeah. With such friends you are the perfect guy to take advice from >.>
Actually I'm not. I don't know what I'm saying half the time and I'm too fixated on my own ideas and innermost workings to see the bigger picture most of the time. In fact I hate it when people ask me for advice on anything that isn't computer or video game-related and may have perhaps just been trying to contribute to the conversation. Alas, I'm not the best conversationalist and in hindsight should probably shut the fuck up more often and just lurk moar.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #25953 on: July 26, 2013, 07:58:50 am »

People who vocally obsess about things IRL bother me. I instinctively just don't want to be around them once its clear that they're not going to stop talking about that thing. Only when they're complete strangers though, so if the person is actually not a complete moron or something then they're fine as soon as they introduce themselves.

Hypothetical Example: I love polka dot patterned pillows.

Day 1. I overhear a guy talking about polka dot patterned pillows. Nothing happens. I go about my day. I probably don't even remember the guy in question until the next day.

Day 2. I overhear the guy talking about polka dot patterned pillows. Mild annoyance. I can now recognise the guy if I happen to see him.

Day 3. I overhear the same guy talking about polka dot patterned pillows. Graduated aggravation. Now I can't stop listening whenever I hear him talking about polka dot patterned pillows, and am immediately pulled out of whatever I'm doing whenever I hear him mention polka dot patterned pillows. I can now recognise him by the sound of his voice.

Day 4. I overhear the exact same guy talking about polka dot patterned pillows again. Extreme dislike. Now physically repulsed by that person, though I will never tell anyone, or him. I now know where the man usually is at most times of the day, could probably recognise his approach just by the sound of his gait, and pick him out of a small crowd almost instantly.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 08:42:05 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #25954 on: July 26, 2013, 08:02:34 am »

Alas, I'm not the best conversationalist and in hindsight should probably shut the fuck up more often and just lurk moar.

Every opinion matters. If it really bothers you, put a disclaimer in your post that you're not a professional. If you have something to say that won't detract from the conversation, you should say it. This would be a pretty boring forum if we all just lurked all the time and you'll probably learn more writing your post than others will from reading your post.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25955 on: July 26, 2013, 08:15:33 am »

People who vocally obsess about things IRL bother me. I instinctively just don't want to be around them once its clear that they're not going to stop talking about that thing.

*sigh*

May we never meet each other.

Oddly enough, they weren't as interested in talking to us when they found out we weren't gay.

This is probably the one thing I find wrong with the world, and is perfectly rage worthy.

Really?  The one thing?

Of course, if women are more interested in gay men... hm...
This is a thing. A fucking big thing that pisses me off.

Women also sometimes prefer to be around men who they know don't want to fuck them.  Hence acting friendlier.  Don't conflate that with "interested."

Because, it's confronting. It's a rare thing. It's, well, how do I say this without pissing off everybody, abnormal. You could go your whole life without ever seeing homosexual conduct in public or otherwise. It's out of the blue, bam. You've gotten used to straight couples, but it's just really weird to see this new thing.

It's 10% of the population.  That's like saying "eww, get your nasty, abnormal, confrontational pictures of blondes out of my face."

Or pictures of models, who are taller and thinner than 99% of the population, including the average population of starvation-stricken African countries.

Must I go on?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #25956 on: July 26, 2013, 08:40:57 am »

People who vocally obsess about things IRL bother me. I instinctively just don't want to be around them once its clear that they're not going to stop talking about that thing.

*sigh*

May we never meet each other.
Its only when they're complete strangers. You're not a complete stranger Vector. <3
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 08:42:28 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #25957 on: July 26, 2013, 09:00:16 am »

This is probably the one thing I find wrong with the world, and is perfectly rage worthy.
Really?  The one thing?

Caution: I may be prone to occasional fits of hyperbole.

Women also sometimes prefer to be around men who they know don't want to fuck them.  Hence acting friendlier.  Don't conflate that with "interested."

Oh, trust me. As awesome as I've heard sex is, I'm aware that it's not the end-all be-all of a friendship or relationship. It goes against my preconceptions that girls want to spend all their time ever with me, but I've heard that women enjoy the company of non-potential mates as much as men do.

Plus, all was typed in a humorous voice. Including this post.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25958 on: July 26, 2013, 09:02:20 am »

Holy shit! 10%? That is... Worrying. Not for any idealistic senses, but population. That's 10% not having babies. We have a strong potential to be actually losing population at this point.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25959 on: July 26, 2013, 09:04:22 am »

We're at 7 billion+ at the moment, I don't think the human species is in danger of dying from underpopulation any time soon.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #25960 on: July 26, 2013, 09:06:25 am »

... yeah. Beyond that, we've had a lot more than 10% of potential babymakers get taken out of circulation over the years and population kept going up anyway. That's a silly thing to worry about, to say the least.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25961 on: July 26, 2013, 09:08:52 am »

So? It's not like we have a severe underpopulation going on. In some places even the opposite.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #25962 on: July 26, 2013, 09:31:38 am »

Worst comes to worst, it's not like homosexuality prevents people from procreating entirely. There's a reason sperm banks are a thing.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25963 on: July 26, 2013, 09:34:55 am »

Besides, gays and lesbians can have children if they want. One of my mother's friends is a lesbian, and she and her partner have had two kids.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25964 on: July 26, 2013, 09:59:27 am »

It's underpopulation in certain arms I'm more worried about. Places like China don't have that problem and... What is China's policy on homosexuality anyway?
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13
Pages: 1 ... 1729 1730 [1731] 1732 1733 ... 3345