Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1726 1727 [1728] 1729 1730 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691332 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Rose-tinted Edition
« Reply #25905 on: July 25, 2013, 07:02:41 pm »

This doesn't seem the thread for telling people their problems are their fault.
I hate it when people do that, especially when it's not their place to do so nor the time to do so. This is a thread for ranting about what makes one angry, not for criticizing a person's choice in gaming machine. Last time I checked console wars took place in the Other Games subforum.
What, I was literally just telling him that it probably wasn't a good idea to shell out $1,000 dollars on a laptop. This is sort of common sense amongst anyone who's somewhat experienced in buying parts/pc's.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25906 on: July 25, 2013, 07:08:53 pm »

I hate it when people do that, especially when it's not their place to do so nor the time to do so. This is a thread for ranting about what makes one angry, not for criticizing a person's choice in gaming machine. Last time I checked console wars took place in the Other Games subforum.
What, I was literally just telling him that it probably wasn't a good idea to shell out $1,000 dollars on a laptop. This is sort of common sense amongst anyone who's somewhat experienced in buying parts/pc's.
And I'm just saying this isn't the thread to do so in. There's a time and a place for everything kiddo.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25907 on: July 25, 2013, 07:09:59 pm »

And I'm just saying this isn't the thread to do so in. There's a time and a place for everything kiddo.

yeah you better find another thread to ride that bike on oak's gonna wreck your shit

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #25908 on: July 25, 2013, 07:13:08 pm »

Thank you master of discussions, I will now retreat to my cave of negativity and hate. Truly I have learned a valuable lesson today, and you shan't see the likes of me around these parts in a long time. I have been banished, never to return with my ways of "Adding my opinion to a thread where short discussions are meant to pop up quickly with every few posts."

I have been bested, my Bay12 cred is now diminished to irrecoverable levels.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #25909 on: July 25, 2013, 07:36:51 pm »

I think you guys aren't giving the kids enough credit. For all the "inappropriate content" that's easily available on the internet there is just as much if not more content that is just flat out entertainment or even, gasp, helpful and educational. Tons of videos and crap on Youtube. Tons of funny stories and pointless flash game websites and jazz to keep kids entertained. Lots of creative outlets or references for information.

If some kid somewhere gets it in his head he will indulge in inappropriate stuff, then he will find a way to. It's the stereotypical cookie jar.

If the kid has no reason to really want to get into that stuff in the first place then he wouldn't. Banning it or surrounding it in firewalls and chain link fences and sternly telling them "no, you can't have that cookie jar it's bad" just draws attention to the cookie jar they can't get to and gives the kid a reason to rebel against his tyrannical parents who were so cruel as to forbid him from the cookie jar which he might not have known existed otherwise.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25910 on: July 25, 2013, 07:38:28 pm »

This is bay 12. We do this a lot, and it's perfectly fine, kiddo.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25911 on: July 25, 2013, 07:40:53 pm »

Bauglir has the right of it.  Don't go "blah blah you brought it upon yourself" unless the person's done something legitimately horrendous.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25912 on: July 25, 2013, 07:57:43 pm »

I think you guys aren't giving the kids enough credit. For all the "inappropriate content" that's easily available on the internet there is just as much if not more content that is just flat out entertainment or even, gasp, helpful and educational. Tons of videos and crap on Youtube. Tons of funny stories and pointless flash game websites and jazz to keep kids entertained. Lots of creative outlets or references for information.

If some kid somewhere gets it in his head he will indulge in inappropriate stuff, then he will find a way to. It's the stereotypical cookie jar.

If the kid has no reason to really want to get into that stuff in the first place then he wouldn't. Banning it or surrounding it in firewalls and chain link fences and sternly telling them "no, you can't have that cookie jar it's bad" just draws attention to the cookie jar they can't get to and gives the kid a reason to rebel against his tyrannical parents who were so cruel as to forbid him from the cookie jar which he might not have known existed otherwise.
I really don't care if I'm not giving children any credit. The fact of the matter still is that until a child is of legal age their parents are supposed to do the right thing and be involved in their child's development. That includes making sure they are involved in their child's internet and general multimedia usage, among other things. If a parent can't teach their children the right thing we end up with general fuck-ups like Lindsey Lohan, the Columbine massacre, Little Lupe being on the run from Interpol and the Zimmerman-Trayvon Martin incident. It's what to me would be common sense, but unfortunately what is common sense to one would indeed not be common sense to another.

Bauglir has the right of it.  Don't go "blah blah you brought it upon yourself" unless the person's done something legitimately horrendous.
I like you.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #25913 on: July 25, 2013, 07:58:22 pm »

I like people who agree with my opinions too.
Welcome to Reality.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25914 on: July 25, 2013, 08:02:27 pm »

No, I like Vector, not you. You I am indifferent bordering on the verge of slight dislike towards but then again I'm like that to most people so please don't take it personally. At least you're not Pewdiepie, as if you were I'd have to hunt you down and make you watch A Serbian Film non-stop for a week straight. God I hate that guy and his forced memes.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 08:04:32 pm by MadMalkavian »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25915 on: July 25, 2013, 08:03:08 pm »

Really, dude?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25916 on: July 25, 2013, 08:05:31 pm »

I'm not sure I agree with that.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25917 on: July 25, 2013, 08:06:00 pm »

Really, dude?
I actually thought it was kind of funny that he did that.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #25918 on: July 25, 2013, 08:08:29 pm »

I'm just making light of the odd overreaction of people who apparently found it insulting to state that they probably made a mistake for buying a laptop that didn't work how he intended it to. I mean damn, in terms of insulting someone for making a poor choice, I certainly could of done worse. I didn't even call him an idiot, or curse more than ten times in one paragraph.
Welcome to Reality.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25919 on: July 25, 2013, 08:09:25 pm »

I really don't care if I'm not giving children any credit. The fact of the matter still is that until a child is of legal age their parents are supposed to do the right thing and be involved in their child's development. That includes making sure they are involved in their child's internet and general multimedia usage, among other things.
While you are right about that in theory, it's really difficult to do that in practice. Children today grow up in a very different world than I did, my friends 4 year olds are already familiar with touchscreens and stuff. It's very difficult to keep that under control until they are 18. I mean when I think of the shit I pulled off as a teenager...
Still no argument for censorship, but it is not easy for parents today.
Pages: 1 ... 1726 1727 [1728] 1729 1730 ... 3345