Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1686 1687 [1688] 1689 1690 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3696555 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Ragechievement Edition
« Reply #25306 on: July 09, 2013, 09:15:20 pm »

YOU NIMROD
Oh gods, if only you knew how many poor naive nitwits ask for something like that :P

... well, you probably actually do know, but yeah. I think the region change is actually possible, somehow, though. Could be a case of misremembering.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25307 on: July 09, 2013, 09:19:08 pm »

YOU NIMROD
Oh gods, if only you knew how many poor naive nitwits ask for something like that :P

... well, you probably actually do know, but yeah. I think the region change is actually possible, somehow, though. Could be a case of misremembering.
Just buy a Japanese PS2 on Ebay?

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #25308 on: July 09, 2013, 09:33:26 pm »

Youtube changed the subscribe button. It was a nice neutral gray. Now it's an ugly abomination of red-orange and it hurts my eyes. It's the brightest thing on the stupid page and stands out like a chainsaw through the retinas.

Who the hell is in charge of Youtube web design? Srsly. If they wanted to make the subscribe button more noticeable, they could've changed to, oh I don't know, that nice orange color from the original youtube webpage from way back when instead of taking the well-traveled route of painful and miserable changes. I want to find whoever is in charge of youtube's design layout and burn their house down with their godawful web-design, and lemons.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25309 on: July 09, 2013, 09:38:36 pm »

Youtube is designed by sadists. This has been known for some time.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25310 on: July 09, 2013, 09:40:42 pm »

Youtube's original subscribe button was yellow. You've been brainwashed by Newtube.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25311 on: July 09, 2013, 09:43:14 pm »

YOU NIMROD

It's not the region change I'm complaining about, it's the automatic Japanese translator for text and audio for $300.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25312 on: July 09, 2013, 09:44:16 pm »

I like the one person saying they can do it for $830.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25313 on: July 09, 2013, 09:47:10 pm »

YOU NIMROD

there are softmods and modchips that can region unlock your ps2, translating though, buy goddamn rosetta stone instead cause you might as well be funding for AI research.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #25314 on: July 09, 2013, 09:52:45 pm »

It's not the region change I'm complaining about, it's the automatic Japanese translator for text and audio for $300.
Ah. Yeah, I didn't even notice the price tag.

... just have to remind self they know not what they ask. Otherwise the strangling begins.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #25315 on: July 09, 2013, 11:31:55 pm »

It's been raining for the past three fucking weeks, so of course the sodding lawnmower broke down on me today

I mean fucking christ I don't much like having to WEEDEAT MY ENTIRE DITCH because it's FOURTEEN THOUSAND FUCKING DEGREES OUTSIDE.

Same business tomorrow, though. Hopefully the weedeater doesn't shit out on me.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #25316 on: July 09, 2013, 11:44:16 pm »

For the translation issue, there is a mildly offensive solution.

EDIT: Having rewatched the whole thing, "mildly"? Past Bauglir, you were not properly flagging your memories of humor.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 11:55:40 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #25317 on: July 10, 2013, 12:37:47 am »

You know that feelin when you forget to save in a game and you die and you're an hour behind?
MASS EFFECT WHY U NO TELL ME HOW TO HEAL
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25318 on: July 10, 2013, 12:39:28 am »

You know that feelin when you forget to save in a game and you die and you're an hour behind?
MASS EFFECT WHY U NO TELL ME HOW TO HEAL
XANTALOS WHY U NO READ TUTORIAL MESSAGES

But yeah, I hate that.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #25319 on: July 10, 2013, 03:03:22 am »

YOU NIMROD

there are softmods and modchips that can region unlock your ps2, translating though, buy goddamn rosetta stone instead cause you might as well be funding for AI research.
Actually, there's a computer program called AralTrans that grabs allthe text in a game and machin translates it to Korean from Japanese. It works on most game, with varying degree of success from impeccable to barely coherent.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 1686 1687 [1688] 1689 1690 ... 3345