Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1680 1681 [1682] 1683 1684 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3697338 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Ragechievement Edition
« Reply #25215 on: July 05, 2013, 11:06:19 pm »

I was thinking about Michael Phelps.  Carry on.
Darn. I had a secret bet with myself that you were actually thinking about Fred Rogers.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25216 on: July 06, 2013, 12:18:46 am »

Wat?  What's wrong with Fred Phelps?
He's the head of the Westboro Baptist Church.

I read that as, "He's an evil, heartless fuckwit that deliberately misinterprets religion to support his irrational hatred of particular types of people."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25217 on: July 06, 2013, 12:20:52 am »

I read that as, "He's an evil, heartless fuckwit that deliberately misinterprets religion to support his irrational hatred of particular types of people."
I don't see any mistakes there.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #25218 on: July 06, 2013, 02:22:21 am »

I don't see any mistakes there.
Hans, why'd you say he's the head of the Westboro Baptist Church? It said it in the quote right above you.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25219 on: July 06, 2013, 04:23:05 am »

How can one not have a right to judge some(one/thing)? 

You can make poor judgments, and other people can make judgments about your poor judgments.  But everyone always has the right to do so.

>.>
I don't feel like I have a right to judge anyone, because everyone is their own individual and has been through different things. To assume you know what they're like on the inside is foolish and shallow. That lady might be a SUPER AWESOME person, donating to charity and taking care of starving babies, and I wouldn't know, having judged her based on a ten minute interview that she happened to act like a colossal bitch during. I've acted like a blisteringly stupid, asinine fuckwit for more than ten minutes at a time in my life, on more than one occasion, and I'd hate to be judged based solely on that. So I don't judge people based on tiny parts of their lives. >.>
Thing is that it wasn't just her acting like that for ten minutes. She bases a huge part of her own, and even her children's social interaction around those bigoted judgements. She carries around the idea of certain  people being arbitrarily inferior as something central to her personality, and enforces it at all times.
It's not as if she made a tasteless joke or carelessly said something that offended someone. She is actively going out trying to belittle people while inflating her own sense of self-worth. There's a difference between doing something awful and letting show through how awful you are. She did the latter.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25220 on: July 06, 2013, 07:41:04 am »

Went to sleep at 12 AM. Woke up at 2 AM. Now it is 5 AM and I have given up on sleeping. I am still irritated from before I went to sleep, so right now I am... mildly upset. I'm sort of in a tired, sad, irritated, and frustrated state of mind right now. Really not many ways to describe it.

Seriously, I go to sleep just two hours early, going to get my full night's sleep instead of crappy 6-8 hours on average, and for some reason my subconscious and body decide they want to pull an all-nighter instead of actually getting some worthwhile sleep. I guess I'm going to be sleeping at lunch time or something.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25221 on: July 06, 2013, 08:00:45 am »

I didn't sleep at all this night.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25222 on: July 06, 2013, 10:53:51 am »

Good to see I'm the only one having trouble sleeping.
If only I could stop coughing. According to my sister, it's because we(she) put a big box fan in the window, and with the recent rain that has gone entirely unnoticed by me, it's blowing crap into the room. Unfortunately, I don't really have anywhere else to put it.

I was thinking about Michael Phelps.  Carry on.
So did I, but I that didn't seem right.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mrnocamera

• Bay Watcher
  • Qualified.... Something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25223 on: July 06, 2013, 11:41:57 am »

Java.
Professional shut-in

You don't need to be good at video games anyway, right?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25224 on: July 06, 2013, 12:03:04 pm »

Well damn, I can't seem to find any flightstick/throttle combos that are under $100. I wonder how easy it will be to fix the cord on my current one? It appears to be twisted and frayed right at the base of the USB connector, possibly broken because it was twisted around a little too much. Putting the word "throttle" into Newegg's search function gave me ads for some weird-looking soda they're actually covers for smartphones, I don't know why I thought soda ???.

Not only that, the power cable for my PS2 seems to be finally dead, unless it's the PS2 itself that's dead(much worse). I can't seem to find any means to open the console up to see if there's anything wrong, either. Not like it could hurt if it's already dead. Plus, I need to get my Battlefront disc out if it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25225 on: July 06, 2013, 12:34:35 pm »

As did virtually everyone. INCLUDING the Klu Klux Klan, who actually stopped the WBC from picketing a funeral. Of course, Phelps, of all people, says they don't have a leg to stand on because of their prejudices.

You know it's bad when virulent, violent, BLACK HEARTED motherfuckers stop you and say, "Dude, what the fuck are you doing? That is wrong. Like, so wrong that I cannot even countenance the insane train of corrupt thought it would take to get you there. Seriously. Go the fuck home." ...

Even Evil Has Standards?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #25226 on: July 06, 2013, 12:39:27 pm »

You know it's bad when virulent, violent, BLACK HEARTED motherfuckers stop you and say, "Dude, what the fuck are you doing? That is wrong. Like, so wrong that I cannot even countenance the insane train of corrupt thought it would take to get you there. Seriously. Go the fuck home." ...

Even Evil Has Standards?
There are all different kinds of evil, don't you forget it.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25227 on: July 06, 2013, 12:56:25 pm »

World of Tanks.

It's a special offer weekend which brings out all kinds of idiots, uncooperative idiots, idiots not willing to listen and it simply dumps them into my team match after match, and no matter how hard I try I can't pull the weight of 14 players who play their own game instead of working as a team.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #25228 on: July 06, 2013, 02:22:43 pm »

As did virtually everyone. INCLUDING the Klu Klux Klan, who actually stopped the WBC from picketing a funeral. Of course, Phelps, of all people, says they don't have a leg to stand on because of their prejudices.

Even Evil Has Standards?
No seriously why do you keep on typing 'Westboro Baptist Church' over and over again?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25229 on: July 06, 2013, 02:26:53 pm »

Even Evil Has Standards?
No seriously why do you keep on typing 'Westboro Baptist Church' over and over again?
I really, really wish someone would let me punch that man in the face. It would be for the greater good!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 1680 1681 [1682] 1683 1684 ... 3345