Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1668 1669 [1670] 1671 1672 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699421 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Breakfast Club Edition
« Reply #25035 on: June 27, 2013, 07:53:45 pm »

Hehehehe
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25036 on: June 28, 2013, 10:31:56 am »

Games that give you allies that are supposed to help at combat but only make it worse.

Elaboration: I doing a mission in Spiral Knights. In it, you have to rescue two fellow knights who are being held captive. When you free them, they fight by your side. However, not only do they do very little damage, but they also use an attack that pushes enemies away. You want to know why their knockback aggravates me? When they're not sending an attacking Demonic Spider enemy at me with an attack, they're sending an enemy that I was trying to kill away from me. They also, being AI, don't have the knowledge of tactics. The aforementioned Demonic Spiders hit hard, are small, and dodge the already-slow moving bullets I shoot at a ridiculous speed, not to mention that they can get a power-up from one of their allies that refills their health, gives them an even harder-hitting attack, and makes them jumpier than Columbus. That switch that operates the gate that's separating the enemies so they're easier to handle? You can be sure that in pursuing their primary goal of smacking enemies with the pointy sticks they call swords, they're gonna hit that switch and let the enemies mingle. They're also gonna hit the block that destroy all connecting blocks that was put there so you could fight one group at a time before attacking the next because the one behind a wall was CLOSER than the one that wasn't. They send the Demonic Spiders into the ones that give said DSs power-ups with their knockback attack. And worst of all, they can't even hold aggro very well. They only serve to make the game harder.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #25037 on: June 28, 2013, 10:56:50 am »

Games that give you allies that are supposed to help at combat but only make it worse.

Elaboration: I doing a mission in Spiral Knights. In it, you have to rescue two fellow knights who are being held captive. When you free them, they fight by your side. However, not only do they do very little damage, but they also use an attack that pushes enemies away. You want to know why their knockback aggravates me? When they're not sending an attacking Demonic Spider enemy at me with an attack, they're sending an enemy that I was trying to kill away from me. They also, being AI, don't have the knowledge of tactics. The aforementioned Demonic Spiders hit hard, are small, and dodge the already-slow moving bullets I shoot at a ridiculous speed, not to mention that they can get a power-up from one of their allies that refills their health, gives them an even harder-hitting attack, and makes them jumpier than Columbus. That switch that operates the gate that's separating the enemies so they're easier to handle? You can be sure that in pursuing their primary goal of smacking enemies with the pointy sticks they call swords, they're gonna hit that switch and let the enemies mingle. They're also gonna hit the block that destroy all connecting blocks that was put there so you could fight one group at a time before attacking the next because the one behind a wall was CLOSER than the one that wasn't. They send the Demonic Spiders into the ones that give said DSs power-ups with their knockback attack. And worst of all, they can't even hold aggro very well. They only serve to make the game harder.
you can only understand this when you are sober

i think

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25038 on: June 28, 2013, 11:29:18 am »

Well damn. The wireless router I connect to at home seems to have disappeared. Maybe turned off, I don't know. Thankfully, I was able to renew my library card(last attempt, it must have been a total bitch at the service desk).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25039 on: June 28, 2013, 03:44:46 pm »

i think
I understand completely. My solution to this problem is bombs. Dodge dodge dodge BOOM! Instant AOE damage. Let's see them dodge that.

Bombs and guns are all you need. Also, that game was way too easy.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25040 on: June 28, 2013, 03:51:16 pm »

Cats.

I'm watching TV,
MEOW! MEOW! MEOW!
*crawls onto lap*
MEOW! MEOW!
*jumps on your face*
MEOW! MEOW! MEOW!
*turns around and shines you with the black hole*

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25041 on: June 28, 2013, 04:05:48 pm »

i think
I understand completely. My solution to this problem is bombs. Dodge dodge dodge BOOM! Instant AOE damage. Let's see them dodge that.

Bombs and guns are all you need. Also, that game was way too easy.
Never got the hang of bombs. My solution is guild, but lately nobody's been on save for some lower-ranks.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #25042 on: June 28, 2013, 06:10:51 pm »

Cats.

I'm watching TV,
MEOW! MEOW! MEOW!
*crawls onto lap*
MEOW! MEOW!
*jumps on your face*
MEOW! MEOW! MEOW!
I know this. I feel for you.

God dammit Nenjin, now I need to watch that movie again.

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG
I remember that movie with the fury of one wasted afternoon.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25043 on: June 29, 2013, 06:07:08 am »

Cats.

I'm watching TV,
MEOW! MEOW! MEOW!
*crawls onto lap*
MEOW! MEOW!
*jumps on your face*
MEOW! MEOW! MEOW!
Facehugger cats?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25044 on: June 29, 2013, 06:21:44 am »

Cats.

I'm watching TV,
MEOW! MEOW! MEOW!
*crawls onto lap*
MEOW! MEOW!

I am one of the few people who absolutely is not annoying by cat meows. That sounds adorable!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25045 on: June 29, 2013, 11:41:05 am »

The alarm on my sister's phone went off. It was over an hour before she woke up to turn it off before going back to sleep(at 11AM). The alarm goes off again a few minutes later.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25046 on: June 29, 2013, 11:58:47 am »

Chopped some garlic for lunch today. Washed my hands several times since then, with soap and without. They still reek of garlic, and I can't stop smelling them for some reason, even though I know they stink.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Mrnocamera

• Bay Watcher
  • Qualified.... Something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25047 on: June 29, 2013, 12:00:37 pm »

Fell face-first out of bed, and landed on my guitar. (Again)
Guitar broke, and it cost quite alot.    Also, I have no clue what make or model it is, I forgot.
Professional shut-in

You don't need to be good at video games anyway, right?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25048 on: June 29, 2013, 12:22:53 pm »

Chopped some garlic for lunch today. Washed my hands several times since then, with soap and without. They still reek of garlic, and I can't stop smelling them for some reason, even though I know they stink.
I believe the smell of garlic comes from an oil. Which tends to cause it to mix with oils on the skin, making it hard to remove.
Embrace the garlic. After all, it is a part of you now.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #25049 on: June 29, 2013, 12:37:14 pm »

Have you tried liquor? To wash your hands, I mean.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 1668 1669 [1670] 1671 1672 ... 3345