Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1667 1668 [1669] 1670 1671 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699465 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Hobo Assault Edition
« Reply #25020 on: June 27, 2013, 04:57:36 pm »

During football season we would take entire bottles of water and squirt it in our pads to cool ourselves down. barely any water was drank because if too much was consumed at once one would vomit.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25021 on: June 27, 2013, 04:59:23 pm »

The bottom line is pretty much that if you're sweating you need to be drinking water, especially when you're doing physical labor in hot weather. I got heat-sick precisely once at my first job before I started making sure that I was well-hydrated.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25022 on: June 27, 2013, 05:04:49 pm »

@nenjin You should make sure that you're taking good care of yourself while you're going about these things. However much water you're normally drinking, drink more of it, and for God's sake don't skip breakfast, since that seems to be everyone favourite thing to do these days. A hat can really make a difference too, though I hate wearing them. And take periodic breaks if you can. You don't actually have to walk away or go inside, but just make sure you're not exerting yourself 100% of the time if you've got a long day ahead of you. I'm no stranger to some hard work, and that just doesn't sound like something that should normally be happening to you, but it sounds like you were either starving or really dehydrated. Probably the latter. I've had that sneak up on me twice, even when I was feeling fine and throwing people moments before.

Can you give me a laundry list of the effects of consistently missing breakfast? I'm wondering how far i match up, given my proclivity's. Also, much as i hate to say it MaximumZero don't post what you wouldn't want used against you.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #25023 on: June 27, 2013, 05:30:21 pm »

Tomorrow I'm doing a (small, strictly department-limited) presentation which includes some flow cytometry charts. I can't read my own notes and thus the final version of the notes I'm ellaborating right now is based on guesswork and my (as-of-yet) not too experienced eye. Not troubling in itself, but any fuckup, no matter how irrelevant, will annoy me. I want to master this thing.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #25024 on: June 27, 2013, 05:52:32 pm »

Unfortunately, my body rejects breakfast. My stomach is about the size of a walnut in the morning, and eating just about anything leaves me feeling sick and overfull. I need about 2 hours and coffee before I can even think about eating, and by then I'm too busy anyways.

Yeah, I've gotten the breakfast speech before, there's just nothing I can do about it. Breakfast was never a big thing in my family, for anyone, so I never grew up doing it very often. Now my body is wired that way. I tend to wake up and get out the door in 20 minutes. Crisis mode is what gets me out of the bed in the morning.

Water though, I've been better about. I just tend to forget, and I'm not one of those guys who keeps a travel bottle of water closer than their genitals. Maybe I need to start being that guy though.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25025 on: June 27, 2013, 06:02:02 pm »

Heh, I know the aversion the breakfast. Not that I get sick but I can't really put anything in myself before I've had something to drink, before it was usually half a litre of milk now it's either coffe or water or juice, depending on the availability of that stuff.

Have gotten better lately tho since nowadays there's usually no lunch before noon and that's a bit long for me.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Breakfast Club Edition
« Reply #25026 on: June 27, 2013, 06:33:20 pm »

Why do my parents insist on making suggests for what I should eat while I already have something in my hand, eating it? And no, it's not a health food suggestion. I was eating a peanut butter sandwich when my mother suggested either using meatballs to make a meatball sandwich, or leftover Chinese food.

@The breakfast discussion: Huh, the first thing I do when I get out of bed is eat breakfast.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25027 on: June 27, 2013, 06:37:00 pm »

First thing I do is boot my computer up and then get coffee.
Breakfast doesn't come until noon.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25028 on: June 27, 2013, 06:37:11 pm »

Ugh, breakfast.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25029 on: June 27, 2013, 06:43:56 pm »

Ugh, breakfast.
Unless its something awesome like freshly-made waffles.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25030 on: June 27, 2013, 06:45:26 pm »

God dammit Nenjin, now I need to watch that movie again.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #25031 on: June 27, 2013, 06:48:20 pm »

I've usually been downing a few gulps of applesauce, the last few months, insofar as early-morning-food goes. It's good for it, since it's somewhat alright for energy, tasty, and you can drink it straight from the container.

My life was much improved when I realized that last bit. Does mean I can't really share the applesauce, but... eh. I'm about the only one I have any regular(ish) contact with that eats the stuff. Also pretty cheap! Think the stuff I've been getting lately is like 5-6 cent to the ounce, iirc. Somewhere between that and a dime.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25032 on: June 27, 2013, 07:01:49 pm »

coffee is rare for me to consume but breakfast is important. Sausage gravy and biscuits :L

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #25033 on: June 27, 2013, 07:30:46 pm »

There's nothing like a full breakfast of sausage biscuits, coffee and an omlette. Though, these days I usually just do the coffee.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #25034 on: June 27, 2013, 07:47:15 pm »

Yeah, it's not that I really hate breakfast. It's that I love sleep so much I'm not the kind of person who wakes up an hour and a half before work and has a leisurely morning, sip some coffee, find my appetite, ect... I sleep, get up, clean up and go to work. Or as one of my favorite movie quotes ever puts it:

"What are you, suicidal?"

"Only in the mornings."

God dammit Nenjin, now I need to watch that movie again.

Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 1667 1668 [1669] 1670 1671 ... 3345