Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1665 1666 [1667] 1668 1669 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3700157 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Hobo Assault Edition
« Reply #24990 on: June 26, 2013, 03:23:27 pm »

So, it turns out that "Yahoo!" has kept a high profile security leak very quiet. Through sheer ineptness in carrying out software updates, several hundred thousand of thier hosted email accounts have been compromised and sold for $700 on a hacking website. My ISP uses yahoo for its email servers, so yea, my personal email account is now sending out spam like there is no tomorrow. My ISP have set out a plan to migrate its customers to its own service, BY THE END OF 2013! FFS.
This is a blank sig.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24991 on: June 26, 2013, 03:46:05 pm »

So, it turns out that "Yahoo!" has kept a high profile security leak very quiet. Through sheer ineptness in carrying out software updates, several hundred thousand of thier hosted email accounts have been compromised and sold for $700 on a hacking website. My ISP uses yahoo for its email servers, so yea, my personal email account is now sending out spam like there is no tomorrow. My ISP have set out a plan to migrate its customers to its own service, BY THE END OF 2013! FFS.

Fuck.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #24992 on: June 26, 2013, 04:18:50 pm »

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #24993 on: June 26, 2013, 04:26:03 pm »

I'm just going to go with "I have no relevant thoughts on the issue you want to discuss." Although there are still large chunks of that I'm not quite sure I understand, I think that's the correct answer. I also don't know what that has to do with this thread, so hopefully we can now return to raging.

"What is the maximum amount of respect a game developer gets?"

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24994 on: June 26, 2013, 04:30:27 pm »

Yahoo here too o|

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24995 on: June 26, 2013, 04:42:38 pm »

I'm just going to go with "I have no relevant thoughts on the issue you want to discuss." Although there are still large chunks of that I'm not quite sure I understand, I think that's the correct answer. I also don't know what that has to do with this thread, so hopefully we can now return to raging.

"What is the maximum amount of respect a game developer gets?"
20 respect points.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24996 on: June 26, 2013, 04:51:26 pm »

Come on, it's at LEAST 21.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24997 on: June 26, 2013, 04:54:07 pm »

Come on, it's at LEAST 21.
20 respect points and 34 thests?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24998 on: June 26, 2013, 04:54:24 pm »

Yaaay Hotmail.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24999 on: June 26, 2013, 05:27:30 pm »

My stepdad came in just now, saying he's going to throw away several smaller dressers to bring in a bigger one. Now, they way he said it really pisses me off. First, it seems I have no say in what I do with my stuff. Second, he said that if moving my "useless junk"(note, most of it is not useless, I just can't get to it) to make room for it is going to be a "problem", he'll throw out another piece of furniture out(owned by me) in order to make room to give it to my sister.

PRE-EDIT: It seems he also wants me to help him move it in right the hell now, since I'm pretty sure I just heard him ranting about how I never volunteer to help with anything. And of course, this is the only indication on him wanting me to help him and the timeframe in which he wants my help.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25000 on: June 26, 2013, 05:33:20 pm »

WELP Lexis Nexis is down so my company has been getting hammered on calls from agencies wondering why they can't pull credit reports. Best answer from Lexis Nexis is of course the all time favorite answer for every company "We're working on it". Well good luck i guess, please fix by tomorrow cause-- OMG HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU IT AINT WORKING STOP CALLING.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #25001 on: June 26, 2013, 05:40:54 pm »

Yaaay Hotmail.
Worldwide? And Yahoo sold them to the hacking website?

Wonder why they aren't reporting those things. :/

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25002 on: June 26, 2013, 05:43:49 pm »

Yaaay Hotmail.
Worldwide? And Yahoo sold them to the hacking website?

Wonder why they aren't reporting those things. :/
'cause they'd rather put their customers at more risk than admit that that happened. :P
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25003 on: June 26, 2013, 05:51:52 pm »

"Err, yeah, we 'accidentally' screwed up a software update, during which we 'accidentally' comprimised many of our clients' personal information, then some of our higher-ups  'accidentally' sold it all to hackers, who then 'accidentally' deposited that money into their personal bank accounts. All 'accidentally'."

PRE-EDIT: It seems he also wants me to help him move it in right the hell now, since I'm pretty sure I just heard him ranting about how I never volunteer to help with anything. And of course, this is the only indication on him wanting me to help him and the timeframe in which he wants my help.
Possible false alarm. Probably just my ever-increasing psychosis talking.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25004 on: June 26, 2013, 06:07:28 pm »

I don't think it's Yahoo that sold the accounts.
Pages: 1 ... 1665 1666 [1667] 1668 1669 ... 3345