Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1663 1664 [1665] 1666 1667 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3700462 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Hobo Assault Edition
« Reply #24960 on: June 25, 2013, 03:46:26 pm »

We need extra people on this weekend. This not new. We've known for quite the while that there is a ball tourny this weekend, and that more people would be needed. So why the fuck are you guys asking who wants to work the weekend now?! Why wasn't this on the goddam weekend schedule? Why did you not go, "Oh hey, people might have plans for the weekend, lets make sure they know they have to work, so they can plan around it?".
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24961 on: June 25, 2013, 06:11:42 pm »

Nope. ISP can give you a dynamic IP, and they usually do unless you pay extra for a static one.
irony is Comcast has not once changed my IP ever with my service of 3 years, even if i do a renew and release.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24962 on: June 25, 2013, 07:13:17 pm »

Less rage than annoying, but I can't seem to escape street preachers.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24963 on: June 25, 2013, 07:17:27 pm »

The next available hotel is about three hours away. I have been on the road for 11 hours. Goddammit.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24964 on: June 25, 2013, 07:49:47 pm »

Day two of incompetent maintenence men working on the dishwasher. A different pair of them came in, fiddled with it for a few minutes and then left, not saying a word or ever being seen again. What we've been able to gather on that is that they don't know what's wrong, despite a simple test showing that it's clearly a clog somewhere within a 6-foot length of PVC pipe.

We also learned, from the school nurse coming in an bitching about a smell she claimed was us using the bathroom(we've actually been told not to use that bathroom, and we do listen to our boss) that is actually a sperate problem. You see, the water from all our sinks and the dishwasher drains into a seperate grease trap located underground outside the building which collects the grease before it enters the general plumbing works. It apparently clogs every year around the same time, but is generally ignored by the maintenence crew until it's a serious problem(like now, or maybe not just yet).

So, without being able to use the dishwashing machine(which is more-or-less brand new), I had to wash all the dishes by hand in a three-tub sink, in which the stopper on the left sink doesn't actually work completely. I nearly gave myself a first-degree burn because I had the water so hot.

Oh, and after that, my mom said she'd make a meat loaf for dinner, but at the last minute found out she had to go somewhere, so I have to put it in the oven. She leaves me vague instructions on what to do and leaves. Because I don't know which pan she wanted me to use, I call her. After that call, she immediately calls me back yelling at me to turn off the oven. It seems that the last person to use the oven(my stepdad), suddenly discovered that it was prone to starting fires, and he neglected to tell anyone. In fact, if I hadn't called to try and make sense of my mother's instructions(which barely helped), I'd probably have burned the house down.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #24965 on: June 25, 2013, 09:47:01 pm »

I swear, whoever designed the "Rental Car Palace" at Dallas Fortworth Airport should be drawn, quartered, shot, and then put into a cannon and fired into space. Seriously, there's like 400 acres devoted to 12 rental car companies, and the path to return your car is a byzantine network of pointless overpasses, overly long traffic lights and confusing, flat out wrong signage. "Allot 2 hours to make your flight when returning a rental car"? No fucking shit, if you guys hadn't put the complex a solid county away from the actual airport and actively made it hard to figure out, it wouldn't be a goddamn problem.

It's like everything in Texas is built ridiculously large, even though there's no obvious reason for it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24966 on: June 25, 2013, 10:18:04 pm »

Texas is the reason.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #24967 on: June 25, 2013, 10:43:13 pm »

Minor rage: Goddammit Youtube I already have the latest version of Flash player, which by the way 99/100 times refuses to download on my computer,so no, I don't NEED to download the goddamn software just to watch a video.

Edit: GOGGAMMIT IT'S WORSE
I looked for a particular song on YT on a different device ...
and the song wasn't there!
THERE WERE ONLY VERSIONS OF ONE DIRECTION SINGING IT

Editedit: And it turns out I already have Flash. Da fuq, YouTube?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 10:57:18 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #24968 on: June 25, 2013, 11:46:16 pm »

I managed to lock myself out of my apartment earlier, because I forgot to keep my apartment key when I handed over my car key when I left my car for repairs. *headdesk*
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #24969 on: June 26, 2013, 12:01:18 am »

It's like everything in Texas is built ridiculously large, even though there's no obvious reason for it.

Quoted for truth. Texas is kinda a big state though, in terms of land and such. Compared to a majority of the states in America Texas stands out for its size and its weird shape. All that space is just extra room to make giant everything.

Da fuq, YouTube?
Youtube is terrible. at this point, there's no exceptions, it's just resoundingly bad in almost every way compared to "back in the good ol days when it actually worked reliably well and wasn't ugly to look at."
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24970 on: June 26, 2013, 12:12:13 am »

I got banned from Boingboing.
* GlyphGryph rages.

And this is why I am so opposed to Mods also being active posters - because if you disagree with them the way you would with another user, you get the hammer. Fuck you, Antinous, you self-serving fucktard.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 12:14:11 am by GlyphGryph »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24971 on: June 26, 2013, 01:51:46 am »

The thing that the US Supreme Court did with the Voter's Rights Act.
Sig! Onol

Mrnocamera

• Bay Watcher
  • Qualified.... Something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24972 on: June 26, 2013, 01:55:55 am »

The fact that people are assholes.   Run over a cat?   Fuck it, it got blood on your tires.     Kill a baby?   It's fine, just say that the gun had a bullet in it, and you didn't know.   *Grumblegrumblegrumble*
Professional shut-in

You don't need to be good at video games anyway, right?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24973 on: June 26, 2013, 01:57:17 am »

The fact that people are assholes.   Run over a cat?   Fuck it, it got blood on your tires.
Uh...
I'm pretty sure they don't actually do that.
Sig! Onol

Mrnocamera

• Bay Watcher
  • Qualified.... Something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24974 on: June 26, 2013, 01:58:23 am »

The fact that people are assholes.   Run over a cat?   Fuck it, it got blood on your tires.
Uh...
I'm pretty sure they don't actually do that.
...  I just realized the sexual side of the word fuck.   Mixed with a dead cat.    OH GOD.
Professional shut-in

You don't need to be good at video games anyway, right?
Pages: 1 ... 1663 1664 [1665] 1666 1667 ... 3345