Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1657 1658 [1659] 1660 1661 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691267 times)

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Go To Bed Edition
« Reply #24870 on: June 23, 2013, 04:43:15 am »

Played an awesome zombie survival CYOA yesterday night. It was four chapters (with the fifth one in the works apparently.) but when I finished chapter three it revealed that to play the fourth chapter I would have to pay... why the hell do you tell me that so late into the bloody story. Now I won't finish the story since you can only buy it through apple, android or chrome. I do not want to play it on my phone and I refuse to use chrome, (I just don't like that browser and I won't install it just for a CYOA.)

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #24871 on: June 23, 2013, 06:57:23 am »

Because then, you are hooked and want to know how it ends, and so, you are more likely to pay.

It's unequivocally pernicious!

It would have worked too if there was a better option for buying it :p

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24872 on: June 23, 2013, 12:39:49 pm »

Something broke my Oblivion install. Now it won't even run, OBSE keeps spitting out a "wrong version" error, when it is actually the right version. Furthermore, the patch to the right version won't re-patch since it's the right version. Or rather, the patcher keeps saying "contents don't match, so we're not doing anything asshole"

Time to take the vast amounts of time tracking down all the mods I've installed, tracking down the downloads for them and redownloading if not already backed up(several already are), then nuking the site from orbit, and starting over.

PRE-EDIT: Okay, so the patcher did fix it, but it's still broke. For some reason, the game now locks the character permanently into a block the second a weapon is drawn. This occurs even in a new game, so I still have to nuke the damn thing from orbit. And I'm pretty sure it was trying to install Deadly Reflex 6 that did it(it was broken the moment of install). Probably helps to read that it wasn't exactly finished before the creator apparently gave up on it before installing it.

Next time I install it, I'm probably also gonna skip over on reinstalling OOO as well. It turns every single bandit into a heavily armored killing machine with three friends as backup, while it makes you easily keel over from a slight breeze.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #24873 on: June 23, 2013, 12:45:23 pm »

Something broke my Oblivion install. Now it won't even run, OBSE keeps spitting out a "wrong version" error, when it is actually the right version. Furthermore, the patch to the right version won't re-patch since it's the right version. Or rather, the patcher keeps saying "contents don't match, so we're not doing anything asshole"

Time to take the vast amounts of time tracking down all the mods I've installed, tracking down the downloads for them and redownloading if not already backed up(several already are), then nuking the site from orbit, and starting over.

PRE-EDIT: Okay, so the patcher did fix it, but it's still broke. For some reason, the game now locks the character permanently into a block the second a weapon is drawn. This occurs even in a new game, so I still have to nuke the damn thing from orbit. And I'm pretty sure it was trying to install Deadly Reflex 6 that did it(it was broken the moment of install). Probably helps to read that it wasn't exactly finished before the creator apparently gave up on it before installing it.

Next time I install it, I'm probably also gonna skip over on reinstalling OOO as well. It turns every single bandit into a heavily armored killing machine with three friends as backup, while it makes you easily keel over from a slight breeze.

Can't you just backup your \data folder and reinstall the game then copy the data folder back if you want to keep your mods?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24874 on: June 23, 2013, 01:10:43 pm »

A gentleman on the same train I'm on kept rambling something about "fucking faggots" while seated on the other side of the carriage, assuming that I don't hear him with my headpnones on probably. The glances he threw my way made it obvious who's considered one here. Look at all the privileges I don't have to check anymore, in spite of making sure to never make my sexuality public...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24875 on: June 23, 2013, 03:36:55 pm »

Can't you just backup your \data folder and reinstall the game then copy the data folder back if you want to keep your mods?
Not really, since I don't know what files were broken, particularly by DR6. It's probably easier to kill everything.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24876 on: June 23, 2013, 07:03:32 pm »

A gentleman on the same train I'm on kept rambling something about "fucking faggots" while seated on the other side of the carriage, assuming that I don't hear him with my headpnones on probably. The glances he threw my way made it obvious who's considered one here. Look at all the privileges I don't have to check anymore, in spite of making sure to never make my sexuality public...

Little did you know he was just expressing his innermost desires.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24877 on: June 23, 2013, 07:04:15 pm »

Bahahahahahaha.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #24878 on: June 23, 2013, 08:30:07 pm »

Bahahahahahaha.

Obviously. any dude sexy enough to get the old man worked up is "obviously" gay. haha
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24879 on: June 24, 2013, 01:48:55 am »

Bahahahahahaha.

Obviously. any dude sexy enough to get the old man worked up is "obviously" gay. haha
If there's a next time, sashay your way down the aisle of the bus and toss a quip at him. "Only in your wildest dreams, buddy," works wonders.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24880 on: June 24, 2013, 02:17:41 am »

After spending the past few hours playing SMAC (In games like that, I never get around to finishing them if I save), SMAC froze.
luckly for you the CIV games have autosave

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24881 on: June 24, 2013, 04:57:17 am »

Had exams today, two in a row with barely an hour of time between them. First one I prepared for over the weekend, two days, memorized ten questions, I got five out of those ten today, breezed trough it. Second one I prepared for for the past three weeks or so. I knew the answers and the problems, I did them before, I learned them, only thing is my brain went into full retard mode and couldn't remember the simplest fucking thing, like say assembling a Kirchoffs second law equation for a given electric circuit.

So I'm probably going to pass the first one and flunk the second one, god damn it, I don't have the strenght to go trough that shit for the n-th time already, especially since the reactions of most people will be sly comments and snipes at how I was preparing a single subject but still didn't pass it.

Edit:

Also this fucking internet, if I pay for a mobile internet service I fucking expect to have a signal strenght over 20% in the middle of the fucking city, on top of a fucking hill.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24882 on: June 24, 2013, 05:37:05 am »

Turns out, Oblivion wasn't broken after all, since I'm still getting stuck in a blocking animation on a fresh install.

And my internet connection won't stop dropping every five goddamn seconds. No apparent reason for it. Might be how hot it is outside. If that's the case, this is going to be a hell of a summer.

EDIT: It was the goddamned joystick. Oblivion does not like my joystick.

Additional rage from the fact that both files for Oscuro's Overhaul I downloaded were not the right file.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 05:53:11 am by Akura »

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24883 on: June 24, 2013, 05:54:29 am »

Wow, I just lost a lot of faith in humanity. Armikrog, a potentially very good game, is getting boycotted because of the developer's opinions on gay marriage.
I hope this gets funded. I reall, really do.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #24884 on: June 24, 2013, 06:08:12 am »

Wow, I just lost a lot of faith in humanity. Armikrog, a potentially very good game, is getting boycotted because of the developer's opinions on gay marriage.
I hope this gets funded. I reall, really do.
Free market m8
If the consumers don't like it, they can take their money elsewhere.
Pages: 1 ... 1657 1658 [1659] 1660 1661 ... 3345