Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1637 1638 [1639] 1640 1641 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694850 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And I believe it's only on items Amazon themselves sell.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And I believe it's only on items Amazon themselves sell.

Wait, you believe me?  So it's true?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh yeah there was a big thing raised about it a while back. They charge you as much as they think you might be willing to buy based on the other items you've looked at and your past buying habits and a variety of other things, or at least they did.

At the very list, the items change, sometimes quite quickly, based on supply, demand, time of day, and a bunch of non-targeted things like that.

I believe there's actually software you can buy (my wife uses it, I think) that will watch an item on Amazon and purchase it for you if the price drops below a certain amount you set in advance.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Deleting cookies might help.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile

Ugh I hate school so much right now.  My last final is done, now I wait to see if I managed to pass.  This quarter sucked so bad.  I half expect all my teachers to go "you never submitted a final" even though they all saw I had one and I submitted one for each class.  Fuck naming conventions.  Fuck classes with a rainbow of different turn in methods.  Fuck this school that doesn't teach a thing and thinks it accomplished something when a student with a previous degree graduates with barely employable work.  While the rest either fail or drop out.  Fuuuuuuuu--

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deleting cookies might help.

It does not.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Purchase from a proxy then.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

How many things are there that only amazon sells anyway?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

First I was sad, now I'm plain angry.

I cannot donate blood in the US for the entire rest of my life. Why? Because I'm with a transwoman.

Fuck that. I'm lying if they ask me.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Might as well :/
I never quite understood the unilateral banning of blood from certain segments of the population. It all gets tested for diseases and stuff anyway!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Mostly an outdated cautiousness. The ban was instituted back during the days when HIV was highly concentrated in the gay population (this is also the time period where "AIDS is divine punishment" came from) and there was no reliable test for the disease. As such the MSM blood donation ban was proposed as the most effective way to keep infected blood out of the supply pool.

Now that an effective test exists and is applied to all donated blood the bans are being limited or removed in some places, but medical organizations are resistant to changing it simply because of a precautionary mindset.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 09:28:30 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

O hey, I've got one.

Big Data going for individual pricing based on perceived demand.  Look at something once?  It costs $220.  Look at it a second time?  Price is $300.  (No longer a reasonable price for the item in question)  Not something I can buy offline, either.

*shrug*

I kind of hate this world.
Never saw this happen before, where was it?

I know airlines are currently doing this with tickets. Hope it hasn't/doesn't catch on elsewhere, because it's really dishonest, manipulative, and dumb.

I'm angry at mosquito bites and sore muscles. I am so done helping people move. :I

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

First I was sad, now I'm plain angry.

I cannot donate blood in the US for the entire rest of my life. Why? Because I'm with a transwoman.

Fuck that. I'm lying if they ask me.
Wait what.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just lie. I get tested regularly and know I'm clean, so I figure it doesn't hurt anyone.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I can't because of a non-transmittable mild skin disease.
Pages: 1 ... 1637 1638 [1639] 1640 1641 ... 3345