Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1625 1626 [1627] 1628 1629 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3696985 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

We started Adobe Illustrator class today! Hooray!

We're in the Mac lab. FUUUUUUUUU
How's illustrator for macs? And I mean more specifically than "bad".
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Taliban beheaded a 10-year old boy. For stealing garbage.

There are times that I think turning Afghanistan to glass would be a kindness to the Afghans.  :-\

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile

Google fucked up Chrome for Android. Whenever I click on an external link on this forum, I have to refresh the page because it freezes, youtube links have to be clicked TWICE, and it's just generally slow.

GODDAMNIT GOOGLE. IT WAS WORKING FINE  BEFOREEEE!
really? i never got chrome for my phone as my default browser is chrome with a different skin (essentially)
it has all my chrome bookmarks and history and all the same features and even the same little hidden messages and such.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are times that I think turning Afghanistan to glass would be a kindness to the Afghans.  :-\
A 10- and 16-year old, actually.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

We started Adobe Illustrator class today! Hooray!

We're in the Mac lab. FUUUUUUUUU
How's illustrator for macs? And I mean more specifically than "bad".
Exactly the same as windows, afaik, but my pc is much, much better than the shitboxes at the school, which have been horribly abused.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

A 10- and 16-year old, actually.
How do you steal someone's refuse? WHY WOULD YOU BEHEAD SOMEONE FOR SCAVENGING?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Hard to believe how it used to be there, not even a lifetime ago.

The big problem is that I don't think anybody really knows how to bring back a society that's been that thoroughly broken.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And to prove your point it says only "502 Bad Gateway" where a website about Afghanistan used to be?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

And to prove your point it says only "502 Bad Gateway" where a website about Afghanistan used to be?
I can see the site just fine.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can see the site just fine.
I can't. Can see it through the wayback machine though.

Have to question though how representative these pictures were outside of the Kabul area. A small westernized elite in the capital was pretty common in many middle eastern countries in the 50s/60s. The rest of the population often lived much more traditional, and felt excluded from government, like in Iran.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

My phone appears to be irredeemably fucked at the moment. I get messages on startup about how I need to wipe the data partition (no idea how to do that), the default web browser crashes instantly, and while I can download new apps they won't install or save.

That's just swell.

Look up the make and model online, or call the provider (on a different phone). You can figure out how to perform a factory reset, which should fix it; just make sure you've backed up any pictures or whatever you want first.
Managed to do that. Now my phone appears to work again, yay! Of course, I still lost all my contact info, but like previously mentioned it was only four people.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

I have to write a bunch of stuff for english homework, and wow is this bullshit.
It's been three hours, it's almost midnight, and I have only managed to write one A4 side. Thing is, I have no choice but to keep on trudging on until I write three times this again. This is the first actual break I've taken that was longer than a couple minutes to adjust music/whatever.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Ffffffffffffffff-
I no longer trust humans.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

The big problem is that I don't think anybody really knows how to bring back a society that's been that thoroughly broken.

Sorry, but, Afghanistan has been through way more shit in its history than the last 30 years. It may be a society with conflict ingrained in its psyche, but I think it will go on.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

Went through the most suffering I have ever endured in my entire life.

Four days of wrestling. Nonstop. Wake up at 5am. Put your singlet on. Eat some cereal. Go bleed on a mat for 540 seconds. Catch your breath. Bleed. Breathe. Bleed. Breathe. Do that five more times. Take a shower. Eat a sandwich. Crawl back to your tent. Wake up and do it all again. Three. More. Times. I can't see out of my right eye its so swollen. My body is so bruised I can't lay in any position without being in pain.

I have to go do all of this again in a few days.

Fuck.
Pages: 1 ... 1625 1626 [1627] 1628 1629 ... 3345