Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1617 1618 [1619] 1620 1621 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3698651 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Australia is pretty good. Have had medicare since before I was born, rail system desperately needs work and internet is currently slower than most other places but that should be improved soon as we get the fiber optic network, apart from that good infrastructure, English is the most common language, multiple political parties that you can vote for and not split the vote, secular education system. As long as you avoid the bush, deadly animals aren't actually a problem, also hurricanes are not really a thing here unless you live on the north coast.

Also note: Eating out is more expensive, but nobody ever tips. Apart from that, the food is pretty much what you would expect in the US.
Also you would need to get used to the metric system, if that is an issue.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Got a goddamn parking ticket.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

I'm really keen on Iceland these days.
Remember that the Grass is always Greener on the other side dude. Moving may not solve anything.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile

Remember that the Grass is always Greener on the other side dude. Moving may not solve anything.
Well, remember, there are always places where all other grass is greener. *cough* Norkor *cough*
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

The grass here is dead.  There is literally nothing I like about this place, other than Gencon and the availability of certain products.  Nevermind that I have to live with the knowledge that political beliefs such as mine are actively persecuted, the police in my area can earn promotions by helping their co-workers get away with manslaughter, I have almost zero rights as a worker, my generation in this country is the first in a very long time to be projected as having a shorter lifespan than the one before it for a host of reasons that all trace back to corruption, and my general stability of life at my current economic status in this country is like a house of cards.  I really don't think I have anything to lose.  Not like I'll have the ability to flee the country anytime soon anyway.  My ambitions are just fantasies for now.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 09:15:32 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile

I am so fucking sick of "Mouse Acceleration"... When will devs learn that my mouse is NOT an analog stick and trying to force the mouse movements to emulate an analog stick just makes me want to turn off the game and rage in a rage thread on a forum!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

In favor of Iceland, they're desperate for fresh genetic material. No, really. They have apps in Iceland to check whether you're related to the person you're dating, the gene pool there is THAT small.

So your chances of a hookup there might be better than elsewhere in the world. :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

If I were single, I would have left the country on my own years ago :P
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Note: go visit iceland sometime.

DON'T WORRY YOU GUYS IT'S NOT GOING TO END UP LIKE INNSMOUTH AGAIN
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am so fucking sick of "Mouse Acceleration"... When will devs learn that my mouse is NOT an analog stick and trying to force the mouse movements to emulate an analog stick just makes me want to turn off the game and rage in a rage thread on a forum!

Turn it off. That's what I do on every operating system I use. Tell me your OS and I can tell you how to disable it. ^_^

I lived in another country for a while (New Zealand), before having to slink back to the "home" I'd always hated. Not only was New Zealand better in every single way, the grass was LITERALLY greener. The only reason I'm here is because the wife can't stand to be separated from her family, and because getting proper long-term residence status or even citizenship is hella'hard.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 10:09:56 am by GlyphGryph »

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DON'T RUIN THEIR BEAUTIFUL, SMOOTH SKIN, XANTY!
My tumblr.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

I won't, I won't. Jeez. Ever since that time with that volcano you guys have been nothing but nag, nag, nag. Don't set off that super volcano, Xantalos. Don't engineer that supervirus, Xantalos. Don't split the moon from the planet, Xantalos.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile

I won't, I won't. Jeez. Ever since that time with that volcano you guys have been nothing but nag, nag, nag. Don't set off that super volcano, Xantalos. Don't engineer that supervirus, Xantalos. Don't split the moon from the planet, Xantalos.
Get in good with their demons. I'm sure the Icelanders will vote you in if you play with them every now and then. Cute little buggers.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Get in good with their demons. I'm sure the Icelanders will vote you in if you play with them every now and then. Cute little buggers.
Oh yeah, you would get along decently enough, I think.
My tumblr.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Actually, that last one was a good call. Seasons are a nice thing to have.
Pages: 1 ... 1617 1618 [1619] 1620 1621 ... 3345