Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1616 1617 [1618] 1619 1620 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3698680 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

I'm actually really scared.

Especially if some shithead decides to start selling the collated data to corporations.
Pretty sure that the collated data is already being sold to corporations, by the corporations that the govornment is getting the data from.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So is this the thread where we talk about PRISM? Or do I go to progressive discussion about that? I don't know.

Does anyone in the US want to move to Canada/Europe with me?

Maybe go Amish? I could go Amish.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do the Amish still get video games?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Fun Fact: Moving over seas won't help you as long as you are using services located in the US. Everybody worldwide is affected including Europe, Canada and Australia. There have been news reports about it all day.

The only solution is to use cans with string attached as your primary means of telecommunication.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You could always use hard cryptography... But that would flag you as suspicious.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

How are we going to tell each other how to decrypt? We would need communicate that at some point, and that means they know how to decrypt.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Clearly we all need Enigma Machines even for spoken communication.

Do the Amish still get video games?

Er... does chess count? Pretty sure it's okay.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile

How are we going to tell each other how to decrypt? We would need communicate that at some point, and that means they know how to decrypt.

Use public key to transfer a shared AES256 key. Then you're good to go. (This is often how it is actually done by the real big corps and shit as well.)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile

I'm tired, can't sleep, and apparently TVTropes has some sort of Trojan ad on it, keeping me from going there.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Fun Fact: Moving over seas won't help you as long as you are using services located in the US. Everybody worldwide is affected including Europe, Canada and Australia. There have been news reports about it all day.

The only solution is to use cans with string attached as your primary means of telecommunication.

They can still spy on me if I leave the country, but they can't act on the information they find in nearly so many ways.  They can't target me for harassment or deny me rights via laws written under the pretense of fighting terrorism.

I very, very, very much want to leave.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What country presents the best alternative to move to?

Somewhere with socialized medicine, good infrastructure, an emphasis on sustainability, a good educational system, and a legal system that encouraged governmental/individual accountability would be preferred. I only speak English, sadly... but I'm willing to learn another language if necessary. Fairly stable weather patterns with seasonal variance, and a few less deadly animals, parasites, and diseases would be nice too.

EDIT: Oh, and the food has to not blow.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 08:25:31 am by Solifuge »

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

I'm really keen on Iceland these days.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile

That place is cool. Of Monsters and Men came from there. Really nice indie/folk band that got me listening to actual bands instead of game soundtracks and Homestuck.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

That place is cool. Of Monsters and Men came from there. Really nice indie/folk band that got me listening to actual bands instead of game soundtracks and Homestuck.

And it's a naturally beautiful country.  And they forced their government to resign by throwing food at it, and then went about actually prosecuting people for corruption.  And since then, they've been lending support to the cause of information freedom around the world, which is my #1 political priority.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Pages: 1 ... 1616 1617 [1618] 1619 1620 ... 3345