Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1615 1616 [1617] 1618 1619 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3698708 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

After that, Mr. Asshole was there at the bus stop. After trying to go into my personal detail far too much for anyone to be comfortable with, he suggest that I go kill myself. Isn't that wonderful?

You should have casually glanced around the bus stop, then looked him straight in the eye and said "Nah, you first."

Don't take shit like that from people. Even if your life does suck, it's yours and fuck anyone, especially the guy sitting at the bus stop with you, who tries to take a dump on it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

Seems like the issue with my computer was the CPU fan coming loose, causing it to overheat.

At least I hope that's what it was.

Is it a Sony Vaio? Those have issues with CPU overheating + fan damage/destruction

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site

On the topic of CPU fans, a spider dropped down from my ceiling the other day.

I run my computer without the cover on.

He made a tiny 'phhhhltt' noise when he hit the fan.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

On the topic of CPU fans, a spider dropped down from my ceiling the other day.

I run my computer without the cover on.

He made a tiny 'phhhhltt' noise when he hit the fan.
THE END

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So is this the thread where we talk about PRISM? Or do I go to progressive discussion about that? I don't know.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Either is fine, really. American politics thread also applicable.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools

As long as you don't get into the whole, "You versus Us" thing, I think it's perfectly fine to rage about it here. If "You versus Us" starts to crop up, you might bring it into a more politically charged thread.

As far as I know, though, the only dividing line between those for PRISM and those against it is how ignorant you are about that Internet thing.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

20 million annually to run the entire conspiracy?

Now I wouldn't put it past the US government to do such a thing, but that particular number seems a bit low.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Not like it's something difficult to do.  Just collecting data, in cooperation with people who already have that data.  Takes some sophisticated software to handle the volume, I'm sure, but that's about it.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

And hard drive space is cheap if they use deduplication and compression.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile

Haven't we already known of PRISM? I think I've heard about a long time ago.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Internet and phone monitoring is something that's been known for a long time.  Hell, I knew about ECHELON in 1997.  The only thing that's not commonly known or accepted is the scale.  There have been plenty of hints and outright admissions by officials and former officials pretty much telling us that all communications are monitored, and the legal ability to monitor anything for any reason has been around since 2001.  But believing that stuff to its fullest extent has been considered tinfoil hat territory until rather recently, and it's established fact now that the mainstream media has their hands on documents to prove it.  Basically, all that's changed is it can't be denied anymore.  People are finally going to have to internalize the fact that they have zero privacy, and government will have to truly answer for and justify it.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm actually really scared.

Especially if some shithead decides to start selling the collated data to corporations.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

I'm actually really scared.

Especially if some shithead decides to start selling the collated data to corporations.
I could probably get 20 bucks off you tops.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

So is this the thread where we talk about PRISM? Or do I go to progressive discussion about that? I don't know.
Read my mind, or my information. Was going to post that, but you know, what's the point? It's over, the age of information is dead and the rise of the police state isn't happening, it's already happened.
Pages: 1 ... 1615 1616 [1617] 1618 1619 ... 3345