Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1614 1615 [1616] 1617 1618 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3698959 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dammit internet, don't download half a file and say it's done. It's not done.

Also, this USB-to-SATA thing I've been needing for weeks is now priced just under $19. Unfortunately, this debit card, which I still can't load more money onto for some reason, has just under $18 on it. That pisses me off.

Well Frumple, your use case could be solved by defaulting to the search box instead of the url bar. Or it could be fixed by having a toggle of some kind.

I am arguing on slashdot with fucktards who actually like the bastardization of the browser URL bar into a pseudo search engine bullshit piece of crap that fails for local DNS entries and some IP addresses.
I actually dislike this change in most browsers, but I think your argument is weak, since a properly formatted url (one with the request format included) will always behave as one would expect.
no it won't.
I just "url navigated" to "http://what" in firefox and it popped up as if I googled "what". That should have returned a "server not found" error.
ironically enough Chrome pulled up error 105
IE gives me it's generic "Cannot connect to webpage", which I'm seeing far too much lately for it to not piss me off as well. Though in this case, it's probably a 404.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Heh. Definitely looks like the point about standardization is apt, though.

I've kinda' noticed a number of things towards that direction over the last while, hum. Folks breaking standardization so stuff'll only work through their software, stuff like that. Nasty precedents, bad program design. Happening anyway. Definitely worth a mote of rage.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Folks breaking standardization so stuff'll only work through their software, stuff like that. Nasty precedents, bad program design. Happening anyway. Definitely worth a mote of rage.
Isn't this what caused IE6 and its now-terribadness to stick around so long?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile

I was playing Half-Life 2 for the card drops. I wanted to get them so I can trade them for stuff.
And I got the same fucking card 3 times.
If you're not familiar with the Steam Trading Card thing, you can get up to 4half the amount of cards the game has(so 4 for HL2) by playing a game that drops them. This sucks.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 08:11:57 pm by Jack_Bread »

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile

A couple of days back I managed to cut myself whilst shaving (for the first time).

What's irritating is that I think a midge bit me right next to where the scab is, so I have to be careful whenever I scratch the itch. Unless I want to bleed down the side of my face.

I first read that as "a midget bit me..." and as you could guess it left me a bit confused.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile

New Deus Ex game! .... is an ios touchscreen game... hahahahaha.... ><

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

no it won't.
I just "url navigated" to "http://what" in firefox and it popped up as if I googled "what". That should have returned a "server not found" error.
Well, it does for me. Clearly this isn't even consistent through different versions of the same browser. Which is... not promising.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

I think TB summed it up pretty well:
It takes a very special kind of goddamn stupidity to take a story-driven franchise and move it to a completely different platform
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

I think the bastardized search engine omnibar thing is perfect for a mobile device, because horizontal screen space is at a premium. :D
Also it's convenient.

But I feel like my opinion is in the minority. ;c

Incidentally, http://what leads to a DNS server lookup failure on Chrome mobile (iOS).

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools

I think TB summed it up pretty well:
It takes a very special kind of goddamn stupidity to take a story-driven franchise and move it to a completely different platform

I hate the everything about whoever made that decision. Seriously, what were you thinking?
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It started with someone in the back kitchen dropping an entire container of gravy, breaking it. Guess who has to clean it up, by hand. Well, first by hand, then mop. Then dump the "dirty" water out because God knows that we don't pick up any dirt whatsoever, no none at all, when mopping the entire place daily. Then I got yelled at for each and every thing, including having to re-wash an entire tray of dishes because two fucking things were not set right and had to be shifted over about half an inch, nevermind that the jets in the dishwasher have been known to flip over half-gallon buckets before filling them with water.

After that, Mr. Asshole was there at the bus stop. After trying to go into my personal detail far too much for anyone to be comfortable with, he suggest that I go kill myself. Isn't that wonderful?

I need to break something. Smash something. Do severe harm to something right now, because I'm just gonna snap.

EDIT: And then, all of a sudden, my computer turns off. No idea why. Turning it back on didn't work. All the lights came on, but it didn't even POST. Opening it up and fiddling around with the insides seems to have fixed it. The last thing I need right now is a catastrophic hardware failure that I cannot afford to fix.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 03:54:42 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Any idea whose idea that was?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seems like the issue with my computer was the CPU fan coming loose, causing it to overheat.

At least I hope that's what it was.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seems like the issue with my computer was the CPU fan coming loose, causing it to overheat.

Maybe your computer became a conduit for the plane of fire and that is what is causing it to overheat.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe your computer became a conduit for the plane of fire and that is what is causing it to overheat.
Well, I could at least use a conduit to the plane of fire.
Pages: 1 ... 1614 1615 [1616] 1617 1618 ... 3345