Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1613 1614 [1615] 1616 1617 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3698898 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

If the wiring still works, can't you just get a new one for free? Unless the warrenty expired of course, but I never managed to keep headphones functioning for that long :P

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If the wiring still works, can't you just get a new one for free? Unless the warrenty expired of course, but I never managed to keep headphones functioning for that long :P
"Warranty"? What is this devilspeak?

Plus, I can just buy this one to replace it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

A couple of days back I managed to cut myself whilst shaving (for the first time).

What's irritating is that I think a midge bit me right next to where the scab is, so I have to be careful whenever I scratch the itch. Unless I want to bleed down the side of my face.
How long do scabs take you to heal?
I can't see that being a problem for more than an hour.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Do you shave with a sword? I never manage to get a decent cut :<

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

A couple of days back I managed to cut myself whilst shaving (for the first time).

What's irritating is that I think a midge bit me right next to where the scab is, so I have to be careful whenever I scratch the itch. Unless I want to bleed down the side of my face.
How long do scabs take you to heal?
I can't see that being a problem for more than an hour.
It wasn't the normal 'slips, goes sideways, resulting in cut', my hand twitched, causing the razor to go onto my... thingy on my ear. The part at the front that sticks out. This resulted in a blade going into my skin and taking off a fair bit of skin (it was painless, surprisingly. Then again, no shaving cream.)

Also, if it takes you an hour to heal from a cut completely, give some blood to some researchers and hide from all the governments. They'll want your uber-healing abilities for all their soldiers.
From a razor cut I would say that one hour is enough for it to scab over and heal up underneath. The healed skin would still be a bit discoloured and pink, but not at risk of bleeding.
Then again, there is a familial history of a blood clotting disorder which I may or may not have so... eh.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

I am arguing on slashdot with fucktards who actually like the bastardization of the browser URL bar into a pseudo search engine bullshit piece of crap that fails for local DNS entries and some IP addresses.

They fail to see how SCREWING over web standards and power users in the name of fancy search is a bad thing, when they could have done fancy search in the god damn search box just as easily.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Nadaka, you're basically everything that's wrong on the internet :P

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nadaka, you're basically everything that's wrong on the internet :P

Sometimes? A bit. But there is much worse out there.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

... sounds to me like it needs a toggle, honestly. Or just better programming to account for power user edge cases. I do kinda' like the behavior, m'self*, but for whatever reason I haven't had any issues with the fancier stuff when using this browser. Mind you, I don't mess with the fancy stuff much either, but still.

*Making a new tab with Opera defaults your cursor to the address bar... it's one or two keypresses less if you can just search from there (as opposed to having to tab over to a search box), which has overall saved me, hrm. Probably quite a lot of time, really. From a UI perspective, I'd call it an improvement. Saves a bit of screen space and a bit of time.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

I am arguing on slashdot with fucktards who actually like the bastardization of the browser URL bar into a pseudo search engine bullshit piece of crap that fails for local DNS entries and some IP addresses.

They fail to see how SCREWING over web standards and power users in the name of fancy search is a bad thing, when they could have done fancy search in the god damn search box just as easily.
you can use my hammer, its designed to be applied to the head

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I actually dislike this change in most browsers, but I think your argument is weak, since a properly formatted url (one with the request format included) will always behave as one would expect.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I actually dislike this change in most browsers, but I think your argument is weak, since a properly formatted url (one with the request format included) will always behave as one would expect.
not really, the commands he is already inputting in are correct formats but read wrong due to the nature (Chrome is a fricking cuprit for this). Hell it can't even recognize local directory for shits either

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well Frumple, your use case could be solved by defaulting to the search box instead of the url bar. Or it could be fixed by having a toggle of some kind.

no it won't.
I just "url navigated" to "http://what" in firefox and it popped up as if I googled "what". That should have returned a "server not found" error.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Weird. http://what in Opera went to, uh. What.com. Navigating to C:\ or whatev' goes to C:\. When I tried to go to http://yarbleyarbleyarbleneeweble/, though, it gave a unable to reach server thingy.

Got any other examples of what buggers up? I wanna' poke Opera more and see how it reacts :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well Frumple, your use case could be solved by defaulting to the search box instead of the url bar. Or it could be fixed by having a toggle of some kind.

no it won't.
I just "url navigated" to "http://what" in firefox and it popped up as if I googled "what". That should have returned a "server not found" error.
ironically enough Chrome pulled up error 105
Pages: 1 ... 1613 1614 [1615] 1616 1617 ... 3345