Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1606 1607 [1608] 1609 1610 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3700102 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Customer is contacting my boss over a software bug and they're absolutely shitting a brick about it. 11 days to fix a software bug is a fucking lightning fast response from a software company of any kind.

My company routinely pushes out same-day fixes, but that's one of the big advantages of developing a web-app I suppose. And it certainly depends on the problem... some of the reports (low priority) have been around for months.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

Customer is contacting my boss over a software bug and they're absolutely shitting a brick about it. 11 days to fix a software bug is a fucking lightning fast response from a software company of any kind. Would have been fixed sooner if the dev had been pressured to look at it sooner. But oh no, someone couldn't print a fucking search result! Suddenly they're calling 3rd party IT (even though no one suggested they do something that monumentally stupid) and then blaming US for the money they spent.

This is why this job fucking blows sometimes. You deal with people who know diddly fucking squat about computers, software, whatever, and they turn a minor bug on a corner end of the system into demands for free support, free installs, and acting like this is something worth suing over.

The best part? "Is 11 days to fix a software bug in line with our contract?" I want to laugh in this lady's face. Yes, go check your software license agreements. I'm sure they all tell you how many days at maximum you can expect to wait for a software bug fix.

The second best part? They sent this message about 4:30 on Friday demanding they get a response by Monday today. Guess when the fix was deployed and the people (not this fucking busybody) affected were informed? 4:30 on fucking Friday!!!!11
I feel your pains bro, we are doing insurance software to do multiple quotes and whenever we got a bug its like "IM LOSING MONEY BECAUSE YOU GUYS DON'T FIX SHIT" like harping. Seriously, our software only interlaces with the carrier's website, LOGIN TO THEIR PORTALS TO CONTINUE YOUR BUSINESS IN THE MEANTIME DUMBASS. Its even funnier, we have messages that pop up whenever theres a problem with the quotes (usually just a missing field information) and call us CAUSE APPARENTLY THEY CAN'T READ UNLESS ITS IN $$$$DOLLAR SIGNS$$$$.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

Its ok guys. Few of your of your software bugs are as bad as the ones I get to deal with at my job. I just can't tell you what they are about, or how skull fuckingly serious they are while being casually dismissed by the system architect.

Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Playing GTA 4 on Windows 8. Seriously, it's fucking DRM within DRM within DRM. I'm tempted to pirate it so I don't have to deal with all this bullshit just to play the single-player campaign.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Its ok guys. Few of your of your software bugs are as bad as the ones I get to deal with at my job. I just can't tell you what they are about, or how skull fuckingly serious they are while being casually dismissed by the system architect.

While I know we're not into the same software you guys are, believe me, I know this routine. Customer calls because something they take very seriously isn't working/needs to be different. The devs/system architects tend to handwave their concerns. They may, or may not do it, but rarely do they share either my or the customer's degree of concern about it. So that usually leaves me in the position of pestering people to get stuff done, because only by interrupting their day can I share the need to get it completed with them. Which sucks, because basically every time I have to walk into the developer room I get long-suffering sighs and stares.

My company routinely pushes out same-day fixes, but that's one of the big advantages of developing a web-app I suppose.

So does ours, sometimes. Except we're websites, web apps, database, server, scripting, email, hosting....the whole fucking kittenkaboodle, basically. So of the 1000 problems that we can potentially fix, we have to pick about 4 to 6 a day to action. If it's from one of our biggest customers, it gets done that day if it can be solved. For everyone else.....?

Being tech support is like being the child of divorced parents sometimes. Neither want to talk to each other, and so you become the vehicle for everyone's questions, answers and negative emotions.

Playing GTA 4 on Windows 8. Seriously, it's fucking DRM within DRM within DRM. I'm tempted to pirate it so I don't have to deal with all this bullshit just to play the single-player campaign.

Please log in to Steam.
And please log in to the Rockstar Social Club.
Oh and don't forget to log in to Games for Windows Live!

Blech.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 02:02:50 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools

Some insufferable shitlorde pickpocketed my ID. Probably thought it's a credit card. Say hello to an overwhelming shitstorm of bureaucracy and lost currency, self.

I hate pickpockets. After nearly losing my rob-me wallet* to a lady while standing in line, I started carrying my wallets in the front pocket of my pants. Never went back - It makes sitting down more comfortable, and there's no chance I'm not going to notice someone rooting around my crotch area.

I hate thieves, but that lady inspired me to a more comfortable seated lifestyle.

*Rob-me wallets are secondary wallets that you carry just in case someone robs you. They have a little cash (A few ones sandwiched by a couple fives or tens) to placate whoever's got the gun, but don't contain anything difficult to replace, such as IDs, credit cards, or large bills. You keep those somewhere safe and hidden, such as an innocent looking booklet in your shirt pocket. Luckily, I never had to use mine.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile

I have never been pickpocketed, but I also don't carry a wallet. I just carry my money in my pocket together with a punch of other stuff.

A pickpocket would be hilarious though. A thief running away at full sprint while holding a fistful of coins, a pencil, and a pair of plastic rulers would be worth any amount of lost money.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Some insufferable shitlorde pickpocketed my ID. Probably thought it's a credit card. Say hello to an overwhelming shitstorm of bureaucracy and lost currency, self.
There's no chance I'm not going to notice someone rooting around my crotch area.
Everyone thinks that, it really doesn't help.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

There's no chance I'm not going to notice someone rooting around my crotch area.
Everyone thinks that, it really doesn't help.
Someone needs to design a crotch wallet.  That way you WILL notice if someone tries to pickpocket you. 
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 03:14:18 pm by Lightningfalcon »
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Someone needs to design a crotch wallet.  That way you WILL notice if someone tries to pickpocket you

There are good ways to stop someone from pick pocketing you already in existence. there is no need to put your junk in your junk.

---

I really wish someone would Dismantle the Equality Olympics...

It is probably the most annoying thing I ever seen.

Note: I made up the term Equality Olympics... It is basically whenever there is an argument about equality where there is an attempt to discount another's validity to require equality. Usually by saying "we have it so much worse you don't have a right to complain" or "We don't care about it, so you have no right to complain".
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 03:22:16 pm by Neonivek »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hate pickpockets. After nearly losing my rob-me wallet* to a lady while standing in line, I started carrying my wallets in the front pocket of my pants. Never went back - It makes sitting down more comfortable, and there's no chance I'm not going to notice someone rooting around my crotch area.

I switched to the front-pocket when I started college. Mainly due to the sitting-down comfort thing. And that things much more easily fall out of back pockets.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Quite a while ago I stopped using a wallet. Now I tape my money and ID cards to my inner thighs.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Taking an online math class.  Lots of logic puzzles.  I watch the lecture for the section 3.3 test, its more or less the same stuff as last section just with more and and or symbols in statements.  Ok, cool easy.

The test is throwing me conditionals.  Symbols I recognize but don't know how to find true or false from.  Stuff like "p -> ~q".  Ok thats an if statement, but how do I find if it's true or not?

I get a 60% on the test, kinda figuring the rules off of trial and error as I go, but I'm annoyed, the book link is linking to stuff that has nothing to do with it.

Turns out it was mislabeling.  The teacher apparently accidentally flipped the 3.3 and 3.4 tests.  I figure that out as soon as I watch the next lecture and it's all very familiar.  Damn you class!!!
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The grade is being discounted, at least, I assume?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Don't know yet.  The class average seems to be showing that nobody did well there, but it's not quite due yet either, so it's possible it won't even be looked at by the teacher until it's past due.

Should also be noted that we are only given one attempt, once taken it cannot be retaken, even if not past the due date.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 04:55:07 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1606 1607 [1608] 1609 1610 ... 3345