Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1605 1606 [1607] 1608 1609 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3700071 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Were he my kid, his apology (and punishment) would be to recreate the section of wall exactly using the tools and materials that would have been used to make the original, and then give that to Egypt. Not the entire temple, because where the heck would he do it, but the wall section, down the the finest humanly possible detail.

Because really, what the hell. Why would anyone visiting something like that think that it would be a good idea to carve their name into it?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 05:52:12 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile

I just spilt applejuice all over my white shirt! GAH!

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile

Swamp cooler shuts off my computer every time it turns on while I'm playing a somewhat more graphic-intensive game. Dad keeps saying that we can fix it, but in order to do so, he has to wake me up, since I sleep till 1:00 pm. And yet he doesn't come and wake me up. So every time I go to him because Dead Island: Riptide got my computer shut down or Saints Row: The Third does the same, he repeats how we're going to fix it, even though I've heard how at least five times now. Watch as he doesn't wake me up tomorrow, leading me to tell him about how it shut off my computer yet again.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Possibly a power issue, I'm guessing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

... um. Alarm clock? Wake yourself up earlier? Go to sleep earlier? Et cetera?

Why is a swamp cooler causing your computer to shut off, anyway? And, uh. Why can't you turn off the swamp cooler while you're playing?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He's already diagnosed the issue. We just still need to mend it.

The alarm clock makes a hellish noise I never want to hear again and I can't quite wake myself up in any other way. Thus, I need to stay up until three or so in the morning to make up for lost time.

I have no idea how to operate the swamp cooler. I don't even know what it looks like.
My tumblr.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My dresser very nearly fell completely apart. Came very, very close to sending my TV and PS2 crashing(and I'm certain on the crashing part) to the ground. Even as it is, I can't use it anyway, since the third and fourth dressers(which contain my pants and shirts respectively) are now inaccessable without it actually falling to pieces. My parents have been saying they were going to replace it for weeks, with pretty much the same tone they've promised me my own internet service. Instead they got my sister a new matress she didn't really need, and she's only been home for one week out of at least the last month and a half.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

The alarm clock makes a hellish noise I never want to hear again and I can't quite wake myself up in any other way. Thus, I need to stay up until three or so in the morning to make up for lost time.

I have no idea how to operate the swamp cooler. I don't even know what it looks like.
that big box that makes lots of noises

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And where is it supposed to be?
My tumblr.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

on your roof or your window

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

on your roof or your window
Mine's behind a door in the hallway inside the house, just like some water heaters are, but you actually need to hop up on the roof in order to do anything important to it. Does your pap know what he's doing? Because mine's been fixed solo before, several times. Seriously just use your bloody alarm just this once if its shutting off your computer. Thats a problem.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Fucking jeep doesn't have gas in it. Neither does the other vehicle. On top of this I don't have keys for the other vehicle and the jeep's tire is leaking air like a punctured lung. AND I can't connect to the school website to look up contact information to explain to my instructor why I couldn't show up for class on the first day of the semester. Here's to hoping I don't lose financial aid because of this. I'm already late, damnit.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Just had my best X-Com Classic run go from zero deaths to unwinnable in the space of three missions. Fucking RNG, man.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Customer is contacting my boss over a software bug and they're absolutely shitting a brick about it. 11 days to fix a software bug is a fucking lightning fast response from a software company of any kind. Would have been fixed sooner if the dev had been pressured to look at it sooner. But oh no, someone couldn't print a fucking search result! Suddenly they're calling 3rd party IT (even though no one suggested they do something that monumentally stupid) and then blaming US for the money they spent.

This is why this job fucking blows sometimes. You deal with people who know diddly fucking squat about computers, software, whatever, and they turn a minor bug on a corner end of the system into demands for free support, free installs, and acting like this is something worth suing over.

The best part? "Is 11 days to fix a software bug in line with our contract?" I want to laugh in this lady's face. Yes, go check your software license agreements. I'm sure they all tell you how many days at maximum you can expect to wait for a software bug fix.

The second best part? They sent this message about 4:30 on Friday demanding they get a response by Monday today. Guess when the fix was deployed and the people (not this fucking busybody) affected were informed? 4:30 on fucking Friday!!!!11
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 11:38:29 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Some insufferable shitlorde pickpocketed my ID. Probably thought it's a credit card. Say hello to an overwhelming shitstorm of bureaucracy and lost currency, self.
Pages: 1 ... 1605 1606 [1607] 1608 1609 ... 3345