Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1603 1604 [1605] 1606 1607 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3700574 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Enders game movie.

FUCKING HOLLYWOOD WHAT THE FUCK YOU ARE DOING ARRRGHHH ITS HUNGER GAMES IN SPACE FUCK!

Also every time I try to search for something on the forums it crashes my browser.
By the way, how was the Hunger Games movie? I read the book and liked it a lot, but I've heard of at least one major discrepancy between the book and movie.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile

Enders game movie.

FUCKING HOLLYWOOD WHAT THE FUCK YOU ARE DOING ARRRGHHH ITS HUNGER GAMES IN SPACE FUCK!

Also every time I try to search for something on the forums it crashes my browser.
By the way, how was the Hunger Games movie? I read the book and liked it a lot, but I've heard of at least one major discrepancy between the book and movie.

Basically, it could have been worse. But it was ok. But Enders game like Hunger games... FUCK WHY HOLLYWOOD.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Enders game movie.

Basically, it could have been worse. But it was ok. But Enders game like Hunger games... FUCK WHY HOLLYWOOD.

Because top movie execs in America are actually parrots.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile

Enders game movie.

I think they stabbed themselves in the foot by trying to make it acceptable to a younger audience, as it just made it look more fake.
Also, I don't know why this really struck me about it, but I'm sure it had little/no music, and that made is too quiet and didn't help at all to try to invoke emotion in the bloodless fights.

Overall, yeah, it could have been worse, but it wasn't anywhere near the standard of the books.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Enders game movie.

Because top movie execs in America are actually parrots.
You know, I wouldn't have minded seeing an Ender's Game movie if it decent job following the book, and was made with '70s-'80s era special effects. I forget when the book was written, but it seemed to evoke images of that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

This is the worst goddamn suggestion I've heard in ever. Bah.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

You know, I wouldn't have minded seeing an Ender's Game movie if it decent job following the book, and was made with '70s-'80s era special effects. I forget when the book was written, but it seemed to evoke images of that.
Same here, if I'm perfectly honest. Ender's Game probably would have been one of the easiest movies in the world to do right, since Orson Scott practically has the script all laid out for you in advance. It wouldn't have been able to cling to some of the heavier themes but that wouldn't matter as long as Ender's story was intact. But it won't be. At least Harrison Ford will be in it, if I remember correctly.. :/

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Goddamnit. Knuckle deep in two different client servers and both have their own fucking special issues. One has an improperly upgraded version of MySQL that is in conflict with our own version of our servers. That only took about an hour to figure out. And on computer #2, there's some download window continually popping up that is hijacking control from me over the remote connection, making it impossible to get anything done.

Jesus Christ on a pogo stick, what I wouldn't give for some fucking standardization so I don't have to play the "WHAT'S WRONG NOW!" game every time I do something for people.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 04:40:49 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

And on computer #2, there's some download window continually popping up that is hijacking control from me over the remote connection, making it impossible to get anything done.

I have to ask... Is it Adobe?

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile

This is the worst goddamn suggestion I've heard in ever. Bah.
* da_nang sharpens his claws with a barely contained rage and desire to rip open another hole in the fabric of the universe.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My parents came home around 11:00 last night, drunk and talking as loudly as they could. I'm trying to sleep, and I'm at that pre-sleep stage where every goddamn sound is magnified by 10x.

The only good news is my sister didn't come home with them(though she left with them). She would have stayed talking on the phone(with a lamp right at the foot of my bed turned on) well past midnight.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Invest in earplugs. Barring that, stuff each ear with a cotton ball. Works for me when I have to sleep, while the downstairs neighbors are watching TV as loud as possible right under my ears.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Someone threw up in my car last night.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And on computer #2, there's some download window continually popping up that is hijacking control from me over the remote connection, making it impossible to get anything done.

I have to ask... Is it Adobe?

No. I killed the updater for Adobe and all tasks I didn't recognize, and it still kept happening. I narrowed it down to when I tried to have windows open a .zip file on its own, rather than using 7Zip or whatever. Some piece of malware was probably trying to do something based on that. After a reboot and only opening files with 7Zip, the problem didn't reoccur. In truth I remember this problem happening before with this client. That's the joy of tech support. Every system has it's own quirks and stupidities you have to remember, right along with what a customer's name is.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I'm hot, hungry, thirsty, tired, and extremely dirty. I'm looking forward to returning to the hotel, even if there is no power.

Oops! Highway leading to the hotel is closed! Fuck this town, I hope I never return.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1603 1604 [1605] 1606 1607 ... 3345