Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1601 1602 [1603] 1604 1605 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3701460 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Uh... which one? Because there's fire emblems going all the way back to the NES.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile

Awakening.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

ive spent the last half hour trying to get my work computer to start. cntrl alt delete to log in? yea, it will just spin for a while and ask for the same thing again.
sounds like you aren't connected to your work domain, try logging in as the local admin for the computer.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

ive spent the last half hour trying to get my work computer to start. cntrl alt delete to log in? yea, it will just spin for a while and ask for the same thing again.
sounds like you aren't connected to your work domain, try logging in as the local admin for the computer.

Local Admin? Are you kidding me? CISTAC has that shit locked the fuck down. they treat developers around here like the scum of the earth. They delete the version of java I need to work on this federal contract! They "upgrade" my IE version to a version that is incompatible with the software requirements for this federal contract! They remove my ability to install software or remove software. And then they waste 6gigs of my 4 gigs of ram so they can add bloatware and spyware to my computer, this makes it impossible to run the software I am developing. God damn bastards turn me into a hacker just so I can do my job.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Local Admin? Are you kidding me? CISTAC has that shit locked the fuck down. they treat developers around here like the scum of the earth. They delete the version of java I need to work on this federal contract! They "upgrade" my IE version to a version that is incompatible with the software requirements for this federal contract! They remove my ability to install software or remove software. And then they waste 6gigs of my 4 gigs of ram so they can add bloatware and spyware to my computer, this makes it impossible to run the software I am developing. God damn bastards turn me into a hacker just so I can do my job.
..... You know what must be done

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Pee on the server?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Would that... would that actually help?

I'm not much of a server/network fellow. Is that actually standard methodology these days? What exactly is that supposed to fix?
Ask not!
Ask!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

It breaks the server, so the bosses have to get a new one? Also, FUCKING POPLAR SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDS! AUUUUGHGHGHHGH!
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got into an argument with my younger sister when she said I was trolling her for a comment she interpreted as inane.

I got her in the end though, she had to shut down her entire account! HA!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got into an argument with my younger sister when she said I was trolling her for a comment she interpreted as inane.

here?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

here?

No not here... It was a stupid comment but I cannot stand when people interpret what I say as a troll.

Or rather when they just say that my meaningful comment was just there to annoy people.

It somehow deeply annoys me when I am called a troll.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 04:05:07 pm by Neonivek »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Would that... would that actually help?

I'm not much of a server/network fellow. Is that actually standard methodology these days? What exactly is that supposed to fix?

It gives living things a sense of parity with soulless technology.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Ah ha! So it's an attempt to mitigate user error by raising morale/easing frustration via petty spite. I can see how that could become part of standard IT methodology.

So do they like waterproof computer towers and whatnot these days? I haven't really intended to pay much attention until I got around to needing another computer, but if I need to put a little checkmark in my memory to remind me anyone I bring my computer to may piss on it, it wouldn't hurt to be prepared.
Ask not!
Ask!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah ha! So it's an attempt to mitigate user error by raising morale/easing frustration via petty spite. I can see how that could become part of standard IT methodology.

So do they like waterproof computer towers and whatnot these days? I haven't really intended to pay much attention until I got around to needing another computer, but if I need to put a little checkmark in my memory to remind me anyone I bring my computer to may piss on it, it wouldn't hurt to be prepared.
nah its easier to say a stray dog got loose in the server room that the programmers secretly fed during off hours.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I believe the intended meaning of "consequences" here wasn't something like fines or jail time, but responses along the lines of "you're an asshole" if you're acting like an asshole.

...Okay. People already do that, I'm pretty sure.
Pages: 1 ... 1601 1602 [1603] 1604 1605 ... 3345