Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1600 1601 [1602] 1603 1604 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3701408 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile

The ants are back! They are all over the place outside and, more importantly, in my room. They appear to be coming from around the light fixture in the ceiling. Most of them seem to be dying from the heat before they can get out and do anything, but that doesn't mean countless others aren't crawling all over the place. Most of them seem to be the flying types. I'm hoping these ant traps work without being destroyed (not supposed to store them above 130F, and these lights get very hot). Did I mention they seem to be attracted to the light itself? Yeah...

So many dead bodies. The burning carcasses of those who chose to embrace the sun.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

So many dead bodies. The burning carcasses of those who chose to embrace the sun.
The sky is the limit; remember the fallen who strove to expand the horizons for antkind. RIP antbros.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

Poison Ivy.
ON MAH FAEC.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

but there needs to be consequences for using your right to free speech in a way that isnt really deemed socially acceptable.

That would be completely destroying every semblance of what free speech represents.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

but there needs to be consequences for using your right to free speech in a way that isnt really deemed socially acceptable.

That would be completely destroying every semblance of what free speech represents.
That ... kinda would.
They have to have the right to speak; doesn't mean we have to listen.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The consequences are other people potentially using their right to free speech. Also, the fact that if you say something, people might think you believe it's true, and might not want to associate with those who believe (or at least say) such things.

Part of the right to free speech is to make speech that has consequences - I think it's reasonable to assume that sort of comes along with it for the ride.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

I believe the intended meaning of "consequences" here wasn't something like fines or jail time, but responses along the lines of "you're an asshole" if you're acting like an asshole.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile

They have to have the right to speak; doesn't mean we have to listen.
This. So much this.

People have a tendency to forget their ability to ignore.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

I believe the intended meaning of "consequences" here wasn't something like fines or jail time, but responses along the lines of "you're an asshole" if you're acting like an asshole.

This. So much this. Not going to drag the previous massive derail back into discussion to elaborate though as that would be plain stupid.
This is a blank sig.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile

Poison Ivy.
ON MAH FAEC.
I hear Batman has problems with that a lot.  8)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

The consequences are other people potentially using their right to free speech. Also, the fact that if you say something, people might think you believe it's true, and might not want to associate with those who believe (or at least say) such things.

Part of the right to free speech is to make speech that has consequences - I think it's reasonable to assume that sort of comes along with it for the ride.
Indeed. If hate speech laws were enacted during the time of the suffragettes, their movement would have been utterly destroyed. Free speech is a powerful freedom.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Uncahrted Waters Online is giving me those damned GameMon initialization errors again.

It calls for restart, okay, I restart the computer. Then I just uninstall it and install it again, nada. Last time that happened I just ragequitted and forgot about the game for 3 months (and that actually worked I:)

Damned UWO, stop acting stupid.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

ive spent the last half hour trying to get my work computer to start. cntrl alt delete to log in? yea, it will just spin for a while and ask for the same thing again.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Boot it in safemode w/ networking?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile

Blargh... Fire Emblem why you no real platform? Everyone who's played it says it is fucking awesome and playing it on the hardest difficulty with permadeath sounds just up my alley but I am not about to splurge 2000 SEK just to play a single game ><.
Pages: 1 ... 1600 1601 [1602] 1603 1604 ... 3345