Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1595 1596 [1597] 1598 1599 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702130 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

Ah, so what you are promoting is Apartheid? Everyone in neat little boxes for thier own good? No offence, but total segregation is a stupid concept.
This is a blank sig.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think he's proposing Xenophobia.

And I'mma give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume you're just a very committed troll. Because this is some ugly shit you're arguing in favor of.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Yes, the Mideast has no prejudice or bigotry! No national scale bigotry here! Nope nope nope!

...the problem with people like you is that you seem to be keen on achieving equal footing with repressive third-world slums.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, so what you are promoting is Apartheid? Everyone in neat little boxes for thier own good? No offence, but total segregation is a stupid concept.
Why? Multiculturalism ends in.... What? What benefits are there? If people were to clump together, there would be no such thing as " Minorities". People wouldn't have to live in fear of racism. Total segregation hasn't worked because it's never been tried. I'm not saying second-class citizens, I'm saying no need for racism as they don't come into contact.

I think he's proposing Xenophobia.

And I'mma give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume you're just a very committed troll. Because this is some ugly shit you're arguing in favor of.
Right. I'm a troll. Please, step outside of your narrow thought bubble. Bay12 certainly doesn't house opinions like mine too often, but you need to accept that and stop calling troll. Trolls don't usually hang out on a forum for a year.

Yes, the Mideast has no prejudice or bigotry! No national scale bigotry here! Nope nope nope!

...the problem with people like you is that you seem to be keen on achieving equal footing with repressive third-world slums.
Tell me how you would be treated in a middle-eastern country. I wouldn't do well, in general.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Why? Multiculturalism ends in.... What? What benefits are there?

Umm... freedom?  The ability to live where one chooses is one of the most basic freedoms I can imagine.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

And there are muslims being murdered by guys like these.
And there are Muslims being murdered by Muslims, there are whites being killed by whites... There are Muslims killing whites... And once more, how can you cleanse an ethnicity if it's not an ethnicity?
The difference between generic murder and murder for the purpose of terroristic intimidation and expulsion of a group of people is that the second represents a grave threat to society while the first does not.

They are cleansing an ethnicity. The ethnicity of non-whites and immigrants. They and you are attempting to create an ethnically pure "English" England. That is the very definition of ethnic cleansing. Period. End of story.

Do you have any idea how ridiculous that statement is?

We are fighting racism through enforced segregation and deportation by threats and acts of violence against minorities!
No, it actually works. People have no pretext for racism if they are the same race. Also, see above.

No. It does not actually work. Not at all. The elimination of other races does not remove racism, it is the extreme active institutionalization of that racism. It makes it the fundamental building block of your society. It is an appalling and horrific thing. You are a bigot.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Yannanth

I like how everyone ignored my comment and kept on bickering. I guess it doesn't fit your vision of a multicultural utopia, eh?

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

Why? Multiculturalism ends in.... What? What benefits are there? If people were to clump together, there would be no such thing as " Minorities". People wouldn't have to live in fear of racism. Total segregation hasn't worked because it's never been tried. I'm not saying second-class citizens, I'm saying no need for racism as they don't come into contact.

Peoples attitudes wouldnt change. You would have clumps that hated/feared other clumps as they were different, and violence and war between clumps would be inevitable, as it had throughout human history when people organized themselves along these ethnic or nationalist lines.

Multiculturalism is the best defence against intolerance - over time, as people understand and as a result fear the differences between people less, there is no need for hate. Over the timespan of human history, multiculturalism has not been tried for long (and on occasion has worked in history, though often as a neccesity rather than choice) so to declare it a failure as it has teething problems in its very early days as a widespread entity is IMHO very premature.

I like how everyone ignored my comment and kept on bickering. I guess it doesn't fit your vision of a multicultural utopia, eh?

Oh, nobody was saying that the system in the UK is ideal - it is far from it. We were too busy arguing about the EDL to give much thought to that though, sorry!
This is a blank sig.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

I can't imagine what anybody could have to say about your comment.  You basically said "I am against this, even though I have a specific life background that would normally lead you to believe I wouldn't be against it."  Ok.  You're against it.  Noted.  Do you have any actual arguments to put forth?
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

DAMMIT BODY! YOU GAVE ME PIMPLES ON MY FACE, ON MY ARMS, ON MY CHEST, ON MY BACK AND ON MY ARSE! WHY THE FUCK DO YOU FEEL THE NEED TO PUT SOME INSIDE MY BELLYBUTTON???

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And there are muslims being murdered by guys like these.
And there are Muslims being murdered by Muslims, there are whites being killed by whites... There are Muslims killing whites... And once more, how can you cleanse an ethnicity if it's not an ethnicity?
The difference between generic murder and murder for the purpose of terroristic intimidation and expulsion of a group of people is that the second represents a grave threat to society while the first does not.

They are cleansing an ethnicity. The ethnicity of non-whites and immigrants. They and you are attempting to create an ethnically pure "English" England. That is the very definition of ethnic cleansing. Period. End of story.

Do you have any idea how ridiculous that statement is?

We are fighting racism through enforced segregation and deportation by threats and acts of violence against minorities!
No, it actually works. People have no pretext for racism if they are the same race. Also, see above.

No. It does not actually work. Not at all. The elimination of other races does not remove racism, it is the extreme active institutionalization of that racism. It makes it the fundamental building block of your society. It is an appalling and horrific thing. You are a bigot.
Oh noes, I'm a Bigot. How will I possibly come back from this. I'm not promoting an " Ethnically clean" England. I'm proposing a world with no " Minorities." There will be no minorities. There will be no need for laws to protect them, as they won't be attacked on the street for being of a particular ethnicity. I'm not proposing we kill them. But I'm sorry if I'm harming your small, narrow minded thought patterns. I'll stop if you want.

I think your comment was very insightful Yann. Thank you, and I'm sorry I didn't respond.

Peoples attitudes wouldnt change. You would have clumps that hated/feared other clumps as they were different, and violence and war between clumps would be inevitable, as it had throughout human history when people organized themselves along these ethnic or nationalist lines.

Multiculturalism is the best defence against intolerance - over time, as people understand and as a result fear the differences between people less, there is no need for hate. Over the timespan of human history, multiculturalism has not been tried for long (and on occasion has worked in history, though often as a neccesity rather than choice) so to declare it a failure as it has teething problems in its very early days as a widespread entity is IMHO very premature.

Oh, nobody was saying that the system in the UK is ideal - it is far from it. We were too busy arguing about the EDL to give much thought to that though, sorry!
It hasn't worked. These aren't teething problems, it just doesn't work. Multiculturalism worked in Australia, until near now. Why? Italians and Germans had a very similar culture. Now, Muslims are campaigning for special Shaira law that only applies to them. That's not multiculturalism, that's bigotry.
In few places had it worked, and only for short times.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

DAMMIT BODY! YOU GAVE ME PIMPLES ON MY FACE, ON MY ARMS, ON MY CHEST, ON MY BACK AND ON MY ARSE! WHY THE FUCK DO YOU FEEL THE NEED TO PUT SOME INSIDE MY BELLYBUTTON???
Wash more thoroughly. Acne is primarily caused by the oils of your skin building up too much and getting pores infected. You've got some inside your bellybutton because that's an easily missed area where buildup can occur.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

You are now advocating the full genocide of all minorities. Yay.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Oh noes, I'm a Bigot. How will I possibly come back from this.

You could start by actually responding to this.

The elimination of other races does not remove racism, it is the extreme active institutionalization of that racism. It makes it the fundamental building block of your society.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You are now advocating the full genocide of all minorities. Yay.
Now when did I say that. Please, tell me, where did I say that I wanted to exterminate all minorities. Tell me. Tell me now.

Pages: 1 ... 1595 1596 [1597] 1598 1599 ... 3345