Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1589 1590 [1591] 1592 1593 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702509 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

... Get out and push? lift ;_;
Do it in memory.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Continued Spoilers (click to show/hide)
On my end, I finally finished my report for English.  But then I accidentally tapped my Dad's computer with my foot and the whole thing shut off.  And I had yet to save it. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Lucky dwarf is broken, and I have no glue to fix it. No wonder my car broke down D:
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

On my end, I finally finished my report for English.  But then I accidentally tapped my Dad's computer with my foot and the whole thing shut off.  And I had yet to save it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Y'know, since this is the rage thread ...
Actually no.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead

Blargh, power cut out while Minecraft was loading, now I must regenerate and reconfigure about forty different mod configuration files.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I was reminded of the joys of having three different supervisors, each with their own ideas on how every single task should be done, each expecting that you memorize three different ways of doing everything to satisfy their pointless obsessions, despite the fact that the result is always the same regardless of how any given thing is done. Oh, and the "right" way can change from day to day for each of them. If this job has taught me anything in the past few years, it's how to bullshit sincere "Yes sir" responses while being berated and then completely ignore what I've been told and go back to doing what I need to be doing.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile

I was reminded of the joys of having three different supervisors, each with their own ideas on how every single task should be done, each expecting that you memorize three different ways of doing everything to satisfy their pointless obsessions, despite the fact that the result is always the same regardless of how any given thing is done. Oh, and the "right" way can change from day to day for each of them. If this job has taught me anything in the past few years, it's how to bullshit sincere "Yes sir" responses while being berated and then completely ignore what I've been told and go back to doing what I need to be doing.
Preaching to the choir. I feels ya. 'Cept I quit instead. Only took me 9 months too long (I worked there for 10 months).

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Me: Oh no! Where did the my .ai file go?
*search*
Me: Ah, there it is. But why is it at the bottom of the folder. Computer, sort by type.
PC: No.
Me: Why not?
PC: There is music in folder. Is music folder now.
This irritates me every time.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Me: Oh no! Where did the my .ai file go?
*search*
Me: Ah, there it is. But why is it at the bottom of the folder. Computer, sort by type.
PC: No.
Me: Why not?
PC: There is music in folder. Is music folder now.
This irritates me every time.
Tell me about it. Mine keeps changing folders to think they're music folders, even when there's no music in that folder. Often after I've already changed the folder options to not do that.

And then there's my desktop randomly rearranging itself from time to time. My OCD demands that my icons be arranged in a specific way, goddamnit!
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

http://boingboing.net/2013/05/26/us-entertainment-industry-to-c.html

Basically the entertainment industry wants the right to put malware on everyone computer so that they can lock up your hardware, essentially getting permission to violate every hacking and computer fraud law in existence and stealing ownership of every computer in the world and getting around all privacy, self incrimination and property rights of everyone everywhere.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile

Spoiler: ME "trilogy" spoilers (click to show/hide)

EDIT:
http://boingboing.net/2013/05/26/us-entertainment-industry-to-c.html

Basically the entertainment industry wants the right to put malware on everyone computer so that they can lock up your hardware, essentially getting permission to violate every hacking and computer fraud law in existence and stealing ownership of every computer in the world and getting around all privacy, self incrimination and property rights of everyone everywhere.
* da_nang is enraged and rips open a hole in the fabric of the universe with his claws, forever ruining the space-time continuum and releasing Cthulhu.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 10:47:00 am by da_nang »
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

People complaining about getting arrested for public intoxication because "it was frat row right after finals," and deciding unilaterally that the arrest is unlawful for said reason, hence getting thrown in the clink for resistance >________>

Good fuckin' job, guys.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 1589 1590 [1591] 1592 1593 ... 3345