Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1586 1587 [1588] 1589 1590 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3703042 times)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

So.  Laptop charger stopped working all of a sudden, without warning, at some point during a two hour period.  So now I have to use my Dad's computer to do school projects, as my teacher won't accept the excuse of "My laptop can't even turn on" as an excuse.  And since I doubt he want's me on it, I'm going to need to wipe my history and everything.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

Well, I got a letter from college saying I don't meet the requirements for graduating. I had failed a course, and then paid extra to take it again so I could graduate this year. I passed with a 70. Now it says that NOPE, you didn't pass that course. Now I have to sort through all the bullshit, and hope I can sort it out before the deadline for application for graduation ends. Fuck. Do well in school kids.

That was relatively painless, got there on time, despite us getting the work truck stuck and needing to get the guy in the loader to haul us out. Fuck you rain.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

I just barely learned that there are 11 (Soon to be 12) books in the Ranger's Apprentice series.
I thought there were only 4.
*Sigh*
Now I need to get into contact with a librarian or something.
BECAUSE IT'S THE BEST BOOK SERIES.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

Oh I remember that series. I felt it became a lot less interesting after the 4th one to be honest, which is why I dropped it after the 5th book came out.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Theres 10 books specifically about those in Ranger's Apprentice, and the one after that is not a sequel to the last one but still related.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

No free time in the last 3 days.  Don't understand why, but I haven't been sleeping well.  My appetite has been out of control lately, and I think it's just general frustration.  I can't convince myself to care about numbers at work tonight.  I'm finding myself just wasting time until it's over, like right now.  Grumbling my petty personal issues to the internet aether.

Wife is graduated.  Kid has one day of school left.  The time of major decisions and life-changes is here.  Rather it should be.  I'm unprepared.  Haven't had time to do anything with my portfolio so I can start applying for some jobs.  Haven't had time to finish up the assets Rapture needs to launch their Kickstarter.  Now that my family should be done burdening me with their responsibilities, it's time for me to hit the ground running on my own tasks, no matter how exhausted I may already be.  Want to finally have a career rather than just a job that gets us by.  Want to escape Indiana.  Everybody else wants these things, too.  All attentions are on me now not just to make it happen, but to make it happen before Hiro has to go back to school or my wife has to start working to pay back her student loans.  At this point, I don't know that I can.  And I don't feel like that's my fault.  Nobody knows how to give me space to do the things I need to do.  They don't understand what it's like to have 9 hours of every day rigidly, inescapably taken from you, and then to be expected to plant the seeds for major positive life changes with the remainder... while still having a little left over for paying attention to everyone and not falling ill from overwork.

Not actually feeling terribly troubled at the moment.  Just dwelling.  And felt the need to think out loud a bit for no real reason.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Get woken up at 2-3AM, everyone is running about. Turns out, the creepy guy upstairs had brought a girl home... and she was robbing him. While he was awake, watching her like a moron. And it doesn't seem like it was the first time she stole from him. I'm guessing my stepdad caught her doing it, and she ran off. Actually I think it was my sister that heard something, and woke everyone else up, though she woke me by accident. If she had the sense to explain to me what was happening, we probably would have caught her. I do keep weapons at arm's reach at all times for a reason, you know.

So now the creep is being thrown out, but my stepdad is making sure he goes to work so he can earn back some of the money that was taken. Apparently the money that was stolen was the money my stepdad gave him.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Got fired for standing up for myself and not letting people put words in my mouth.

RAGGGGGGGGGGGGE

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Today I have gained a newfound disappreciation (apparently not word, don't give shit) for leaf blowers.

As the immortal words say, "It's not about the shovel, you cross-eyed possum humping lackwit. It's about how you frakking use it." 
Aldo Leopold, paraphrased.

One thing leaf blowers (or at least the one I've just been involved in the usage of) are not appropriately used for: Clearing an entire front yard of leaves. What tool is appropriately used, completing the same task in half the time and with a quarter of the noise pollution? A rake.

I don't appreciate having to halfheartedly threaten geriatrics with a rake in order to get a task done before midafternoon without overtly annoying the neighbors.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead

If your rake is making a quarter of the noise a leafblower is making, y'all should probably get a new one.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

It's a semi-auto motor powered rake most probably, hence the speed, and the noise.

But leaf blowers are quite fun, especially when you make TP guns out of them :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

If your rake is making a quarter of the noise a leafblower is making, y'all should probably get a new one.
Metal bitsies,* bits of concrete, fairly dry leaves. It was still pretty noisy with just the rake, just... not nearly as noisy, or as consistently noisy.

*Plastic head rakes... break. Honestly, as the years go by I'm finding everything not made out of solid metal is disturbingly flimsy when you're actually doing stuff with it. Sometimes even the stuff made from solid metal :-\

Some of it's a bit of misuse, but damnit, if the shaft of a yard tool can't handle being used as a lever while a full grown adult is jumping up and down on it, why the hell have I spent money on the bloody thing? Well, the answer is I haven't because I'm usually doing the yardwork for someone else and they provide the tools, but... still. Quality, bugger it all.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead

Fair enough, I had not factored in non-dirt segments of garden.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile

Son of an hdmi cable... Think the HDMI from my PC to my TV is broken for some reason. Just about to go to bed, watching a few episodes of my favourite Let's Players shenanigans when all of a sudden my computer can't detect my TV. With my sherlockian deduction I have concluded that it has to be the HDMI cable, tested everything else, the only thing I can't try is another HDMI cable since the only other one I have is only like a meter long. Damn it.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile

I tried using a leaf blower before. It's not worth the trouble. More leaves either were tangled up in the grass or went the wrong way than actually went where I wanted them to go. As far as rakes go, I use plastic ones. I had a metal one years ago, but it got all rusted and junk. Then again, the metal rake was thin and crappy, and the plastic rakes are quite thick.
Pages: 1 ... 1586 1587 [1588] 1589 1590 ... 3345