Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1579 1580 [1581] 1582 1583 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3703573 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

MY laptop doesn't even have a scrollbar.  How is having a 3 button mouse bad?
When you're so used to a 5-button one.

I have to prepare some 'talking material' for a debate for our Tourism Industry classes. The topic is 'Influence of terrorism on tourism.'

The catch? I have to show that terrorism has minimal-to-no impact on tourism :I

It's damned hard nut to crack and I hope that this one debate will not be biased.
"If you look to the left of the tour bus, you'll see someone setting off a bomb vest. Oh look, he's coming this way to say 'hi'! Now is a great oppurtunity to take pictures!"
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I have to prepare some 'talking material' for a debate for our Tourism Industry classes. The topic is 'Influence of terrorism on tourism.'

It's damned hard nut to crack and I hope that this one debate will not be biased.

Is this a debate class? I hope so, given that they've told you what you're going to say and it's patently wrong. "Look kids, times are tough in the tourism industry. You need to get out there and convince people to go to places the US State Department has told them to stay away from. Somalia? Sunny beaches and absolutely no pirates whatsoever. The West Bank is lovely this time of year, and those rockets are really the Palestinians getting into festival mood."
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile

Is this a debate class? I hope so, given that they've told you what you're going to say and it's patently wrong. "Look kids, times are tough in the tourism industry. You need to get out there and convince people to go to places the US State Department has told them to stay away from. Somalia? Sunny beaches and absolutely no pirates whatsoever. The West Bank is lovely this time of year, and those rockets are really the Palestinians getting into festival mood."

But HAS terrorism actually had much of an impact on tourism? Places like Somalia and the West Bank didn't really have much tourism to begin with and from what I can see, people are still going to Boston, and Bali and Spain, and Northern Ireland and Indonesia and etc. Other than a period immidiately after an attack I would assume that the amount of tourism normalizes quite quickly.

Note that I have not researched any data to back this up so I am most probably wrong but still, maybe it's something you can look into Haspen.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Depends on how you want to define "impact." For example, drug-related kidnappings and murder in Mexico may not reduce the financial bottom line of the industry that much (you'd have to compare to other eras), but the human cost? Quite high. Has the impact of violence/terrorism changed the way tourists have to handle themselves? Are there other things they need to worry about now that they didn't before?

When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

As someone who likes game design, I love the fact that there's so much discussion about it on the internet. But I hate that every asshole now thinks "This is horribly designed" means the same thing as "I don't like this."

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

GOD DAMN MOTHER FUCKING VERTEX

Spoiler: THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE (click to show/hide)

LOOK AT IT, JUST SITTING THERE, THAT SMUG LOOK ON ITS NON-EXISTENT FACE, ALL IN THE WRONG PLACE ENTIRELY.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

It just wants to be friends :3

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

I for one would not want to drive through a 5 way intersection... speaking as someone who has driven in New Orleans through 5 way intersections...
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turns out Crystal Reports loads parameters in alphabetical order, despite how the parameters are set in the DB.

CCCCCCCRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile

I for one would not want to drive through a 5 way intersection... speaking as someone who has driven in New Orleans through 5 way intersections...
lucky for me we only have 1 five way intersection in my town!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We have a 7-way intersection around here. It comes with a rotary too! (Yes, it has both an intersection AND a rotary, and has at least 6 sets of lights)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

My goal is to eventually support every possible intersection that can be found in the real world.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile

My goal is to eventually support every possible intersection that can be found in the real world.
wait wait wait... you mean combine all of them into one supersection?

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

wait wait wait... you mean combine all of them into one supersection?

A superposition of quantum intersections.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Schrodinger's Freeway.
Pages: 1 ... 1579 1580 [1581] 1582 1583 ... 3345