Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1576 1577 [1578] 1579 1580 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3704260 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Today, there was only two people working, myself and the supervisor. No, it wasn't an excess of work, since there was pretty much nobody anywhere else at the college. In fact, it was an exercise of boredom management.

However, the cafeteria also closes early now, so I went to the psychology professor's(who I also report to) office to see if he had anything else for me to do. I find him as he's trying(read: failing spectacularly) to import an image into a PowerPoint presentation(note, image in question was a Flash video) by right-clicking and then opening it(how the hell?) in Word. Asking him for something to do(my advice on what he was doing is ignored) leads first to a pitch at trying to get me to enroll at the school, followed by an interrogation of my personal life(when I say I don't want to talk about it several times, I. Don't. Want. To. Talk. About. It.), finishing up with being thrown unceromoniously from the room when someone shows up, a meeting that takes the entire rest of the day.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, internet woes? Fantastic, I have my own batch too. The horribad router my ISP provided whose firmware managed to cause bluescreens (I voided my warranty on it to update that since they took 3 weeks replying to physical mail) is a fickle bitch and today, I just can't connect. No matter the bandwidth I get is pretty damn bad here since Bay doesn't really need much for quality lurking but this is the who even knows which time I do it from a phone and the operator here is more reliable than someone meant to provide me with liquified cats >:V

Contract ends in June, if I remember right, not a way I'm making this sort of mistake again.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Ashley from Mass Effect >_>  I think I could see myself becoming a Renegade based solely on my desire to punch her in the face and flirt with Garrus.  God, what an asshole.
Is it the racism? It's the racism, isn't it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Ashley from Mass Effect >_>  I think I could see myself becoming a Renegade based solely on my desire to punch her in the face and flirt with Garrus.  God, what an asshole.
It was for me. Her and Navigator Whats-his-name.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My internet problems seem to be originating from the router(or somewhere in between) and not my wireless card. Good, since that means my wireless card isn't failing(assuming it and the USB antenna I also tried is failing the exact same way). Bad, since there's nothing I can do about it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The racism and the fact that she's not really personality-heavy outside of that.

Kaidan I want to punch in the voice.  Carth gained himself a permanent spot in the ship because of his voice actor, and I think that Kaidan just has, too.

Definitely going with the lesbian route >_>  Asari-chick is cute and I'm all for xenophilia.  Though I'd rather establish some sort of horrible traumatic shindig with Wrex.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't think you can do Wrex, there's another Krogan party member in the second one that flirts with you, but I seem to recall he's not actually an option either.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

It would be easier to list the people Shepard doesn't end up flirting with.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

You can't flirt with it if-
It drives your ship
It's not organic
It has four or more testicles
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

You can't flirt with it if-
It drives your ship
It's not organic
It has four or more testicles
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

FEH

To be honest, though, I really like this game.  And I really like the voice actors, who are generally great.  And I like that the alien races don't feel as ineffectual as they generally do in Star Wars, and that the prestige class is something that's become newly open to humans, rather than seeming dominated by them.

The inventory system kind of pisses me off, but I've been playing from the point of view that inventory management Is Going to Be A Thing, so stuff really hasn't been too bad.  I wish there were an "organize by type and level" button, though.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

RPG-style inventory is mostly done away with in ME2, so don't worry about it.

Star Wars is pretty low tier when it comes to having aliens that mean anything.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Star Wars is pretty low tier when it comes to having aliens that mean anything.

Yeah, though oddly enough this is the first higher-tier thing I've found.  Nice~

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The games get progressively less RPGish as they go along, in ME2 they change the combat from being more strategic, to being more of a cover based shooter, they also retcon in thermal clips, stripped away the inventory management, and introduced a somewhat more linear gameplay, with less of a "roam around doing stuff" feel to it. ME3, continues this trend.

Oh, and the second one also introduces the glow-in-the-dark shephard, with more glowing the more renegade you go.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

glow-in-the-dark shephard

what

why

Pages: 1 ... 1576 1577 [1578] 1579 1580 ... 3345