Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1575 1576 [1577] 1578 1579 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3704503 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't remember if it was Taleo, but I do remember this one application that had me fill out a one hundred question survey then auto-reject me for the job based on my answers immediately after finishing.

GODDAMNIT HR

* Sirus' eye twitches as tears of blood begin to flow

...I am familiar with this sort of thing, yes.
As am I. I believe it wasn't Taleo, actually(at least in my case). I think it was whatever SnagAJob.com uses, since SnagAJob pre-filters applications before sending them to the employer to be ignored, which is also bullshit.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because it's a attribute of your "Social character" or some bullshit.

Probably screens out all the "independent thinkers" out there so they can find the sheeple who go with whatever is popular and easy. They make better cogs in the machine. It's about that aspect of your "social character" - are you someone who goes with the flow and never asks questions. They really don't care what's on your Facebook as long as it's not obscene or subversive, just as long as you go "Baaa!" like all the other sheep.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 06:16:50 am by Reelya »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My stepdad just threatened to kill one of the dogs. Apparently, another dog took a crap, and this one started to eat it. Gross as that is, I don't think it warrants first threatening to shoot the dog, and then changing it into shoving a hose in its face to wash its mouth out and making sure it drowns in the process.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Has your step father ever been around dogs before?
I hate to think how he would react to a small child left in a backyard...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Akura's relatives seem generally unhinged or drunk most of the time, from what I've heard of them from here.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Woke up with an absurd amount of pain this morning, and have had waves of pain all day. Know what, though? I'm going to the gym anyway. Fuck you, body. I'm winning this fight.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A child less than 18 months will happily eat its own shit, apparently, and around that time the brain is supposed to undergo changes that stop this from happening.

The more you know!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend

A child less than 18 months will happily eat its own shit, apparently, and around that time the brain is supposed to undergo changes that stop this from happening.

The more you know!

Unless they turn into a Pokemon.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pica_%28disorder%29
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile

...and suddenly another necessity of being a self-sufficient adult seems more intimidating.

I guess I could make a living on selling cardboard "will work for food" signs, but there's probably a meticulous and required application process for that too.
Along with multiple years of experience and a bachelor's degree in the subject.
Self-sufficiency? I'm pretty sure that's illegal now.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dammit internet, stop disconnecting so randomly, so often.

...And while trying to post this, it disconnected. ::)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

...and suddenly another necessity of being a self-sufficient adult seems more intimidating.

I guess I could make a living on selling cardboard "will work for food" signs, but there's probably a meticulous and required application process for that too.
Along with multiple years of experience and a bachelor's degree in the subject.
Self-sufficiency? I'm pretty sure that's illegal now.
You guys are making it hard for me not to violate multiple peace treaties.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Argh, I hate chrome. I hate it so bloody fucking much. In fact, I hate using all google products. The UX is so. fucking. bad. It literally, quite literally, turns my stomache. Using Chrome for any length of time makes me physically sick. Using gmail or (god forbid) google calendar is nothing but frustration now. I can't even fucking highlight half the text to copy paste it anymore, who knows why. And fucking Firefox has become so slow and unresponsive that it isn't even an option any more, because I have things to do, today! Waiting over two minutes to close a tab is not acceptable - I am NOT on a bad computer, in fact it's pretty damn good, it's just bloody crazy.

Argh. Why must every month bring the experience of using the internet ever lower. It's fucking sad but at this point I'm honestly considering switching to Internet Explorer as the best web browsing option.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Have you tried Opera?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ashley from Mass Effect >_>  I think I could see myself becoming a Renegade based solely on my desire to punch her in the face and flirt with Garrus.  God, what an asshole.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 1575 1576 [1577] 1578 1579 ... 3345