Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1574 1575 [1576] 1577 1578 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3704513 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

Wait wait wait wait wait...this is a phone case...made of gold? Why is this a thing?

Sure, it could just be gold plated plastic, but still.

Because when the rich drop their Iphone on the ground, they don't want it causing paltry amounts of damage, it should be in the hundreds at least! I mean, what would the neighbors think?
but..... rose gold is considered cheap gold, REAL MEN BUY PURE, NEVER SETTLE FOR WATERED-DOWN

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

But it looks cooler...

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

but..... rose gold is considered cheap gold, REAL MEN BUY PURE, NEVER SETTLE FOR WATERED-DOWN
But it is pure gold. It even says, 24 karat. It is 24 karat rose gold!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Every time I apply for a job and they make me go through the buggy, tedious hell that is Taleo, it makes me want to punch an HR manager in the face.
Tell me about it. I can't stand using it. Plus I think I've forgotten my password.

Between Taleo and the requirement of having a great Facebook page for whatever reason, I hate the modern job search.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

I don't understand how you actually find anyone on facebook for something like that without a direct message. I tried to find one person with what I thought was a fairly rare name and ended up with 30 pages of gibberish and people I neither know nor care about.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

Every time I apply for a job and they make me go through the buggy, tedious hell that is Taleo, it makes me want to punch an HR manager in the face.

I. FREAKING. HATE. TALEO.

It's so broken... I don't know why practically every company insists on it; why can't they go the (comparatively) old fashioned way of email?

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile

Between Taleo and the requirement of having a great Facebook page for whatever reason, I hate the modern job search.
requirement of having a great Facebook page
Facebook page
GREAT

What? No. What? No. Really?

That's seriously a requirement? Why? Can one not get a job if they don't have a stupid account on a stupid social media site? Wat.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Because it's a attribute of your "Social character" or some bullshit.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

"I prefer human contact to social media. I mean nothing against people who use it, I just prefer talking to people face to face"
And then you fail the interview because your ideals don't match your bosses exactly.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I. FREAKING. HATE. TALEO.

It's so broken... I don't know why practically every company insists on it; why can't they go the (comparatively) old fashioned way of email?

I have no idea. Maybe it's purposely designed to only filter in applicants who REALLY REALLY want the job and are willing to waste two hours putting in every minute detail of the information already clearly on their resume in the most obtuse possible way only to get rejected later/never hear back from 'em after an application and a call.

I swear I have put it countless dozens of applications on Taleo with nice, soulful cover letters and accurate information and never gotten a call from jobs utilizing the service. The only times I ever have gotten interviews from online ads are stuff like Craigslist postings.

"I prefer human contact to social media. I mean nothing against people who use it, I just prefer talking to people face to face"
And then you fail the interview because your ideals don't match your bosses exactly.

I don't remember if it was Taleo, but I do remember this one application that had me fill out a one hundred question survey then auto-reject me for the job based on my answers immediately after finishing.

GODDAMNIT HR

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I don't remember if it was Taleo, but I do remember this one application that had me fill out a one hundred question survey then auto-reject me for the job based on my answers immediately after finishing.

GODDAMNIT HR

* Sirus' eye twitches as tears of blood begin to flow

...I am familiar with this sort of thing, yes.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile

...and suddenly another necessity of being a self-sufficient adult seems more intimidating.

I guess I could make a living on selling cardboard "will work for food" signs, but there's probably a meticulous and required application process for that too.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I probably shouldn't complain since I'm employed and still live off my parents. It would just be nice to have another job and a little more income to save up for my Bach. Sci.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile

...and suddenly another necessity of being a self-sufficient adult seems more intimidating.

I guess I could make a living on selling cardboard "will work for food" signs, but there's probably a meticulous and required application process for that too.
Along with multiple years of experience and a bachelor's degree in the subject.
Pages: 1 ... 1574 1575 [1576] 1577 1578 ... 3345