Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1573 1574 [1575] 1576 1577 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3704790 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll be spending the next two years very inefficiently recovering from the abuse the system provided (over the past 10 years) as I tried to survive being a woman in math, and then I'll be dipping my face back into my own personal hell in the hopes that maybe, if I just suffer enough, no one else will ever have to feel this way again.  Or maybe a handful won't.  That would be enough.  But I'm pretty sure I'd end up killing myself if I went straight back.

I don't know if you'd find this valuable.  My teenaged self definitely wouldn't have.  But the thing is, I think it's hard to get a good perspective on other people's problems when you're in high school.  What's important, and all that.

Acerbic enough for you?  I can be meaner ;)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile

I understand. I can only be so judgmental :P. Immortality is nice, and culture is useful, but I'm more focused on survival first. I dont feel much like playing the guessing game as to who will industrialize next, either.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tried to reload some money onto my debit card. I went to a place that the website said could do it, and they couldn't. Went to the store that I bought it from to try there, and they could do it despite not being listed on the website... only the manager couldn't figure out how.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Grah. What was supposed to be a simply, 10 to 20 minute transferring of a new report file has turned into an all-day investigation of why this one report won't return data. We've looked high and low, rebuilt the report, eyeballed all the database entries, verified it's even looking at the right file/right location.....now I'm reinstalling Crystal reports, and this fucking thing is taking over 10 minutes to transfer from the temp folder to the fucking desktop. Because hey, I've already spent my whole day working on this, why NOT spend an extra 15 minutes because of a slow PC? Goddamnit, I hate our client's computers.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My parents seem to have a problem with me buying my own food, or rather me paying for it with my own money. They're now telling me to use their Food Stamps. Or possibly my Food Stamps, which would require the assumption that they somehow are getting Food Stamps in my name without me knowing about it.

Goddamnit, I trying to not be entirely dependent on them.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

Grah. What was supposed to be a simply, 10 to 20 minute transferring of a new report file has turned into an all-day investigation of why this one report won't return data. We've looked high and low, rebuilt the report, eyeballed all the database entries, verified it's even looking at the right file/right location.....now I'm reinstalling Crystal reports, and this fucking thing is taking over 10 minutes to transfer from the temp folder to the fucking desktop. Because hey, I've already spent my whole day working on this, why NOT spend an extra 15 minutes because of a slow PC? Goddamnit, I hate our client's computers.
Crystal Reports, ass software for reports.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's just mystifying RAEG INDUCING because all the other reports work fine.

I'd love nothing more than to get away from Crystal. Unfortunately, our entire report database of over 300 reports is built on it.

We're working to create a data visualization module for all our programs where people can just query the DB through a UI and have it spit a graph back at them. Then we can have a barbecue, and throw Crystal Reports into the fire.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rose gold? How come I'm not seeing it as purple?

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

It's just mystifying RAEG INDUCING because all the other reports work fine.

I'd love nothing more than to get away from Crystal. Unfortunately, our entire report database of over 300 reports is built on it.

We're working to create a data visualization module for all our programs where people can just query the DB through a UI and have it spit a graph back at them. Then we can have a barbecue, and throw Crystal Reports into the fire.

Look on the bright side, you are not using jasper reports.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Rose gold? How come I'm not seeing it as purple?
Yeah it seems to just be gold.

As in, 24 karats means pure gold.

And rose gold is rose from its copper content.

If it's pure gold... It's just pure gold. With [rose gold] stenciled on it.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Every time I apply for a job and they make me go through the buggy, tedious hell that is Taleo, it makes me want to punch an HR manager in the face.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile

Wait wait wait wait wait...this is a phone case...made of gold? Why is this a thing?

Sure, it could just be gold plated plastic, but still.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Basically it exists to sell to people who don't know better at insanely high prices.
Although unlike other apple products, this one is made from gold!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait wait wait wait wait...this is a phone case...made of gold? Why is this a thing?

Sure, it could just be gold plated plastic, but still.

Because when the rich drop their Iphone on the ground, they don't want it causing paltry amounts of damage, it should be in the hundreds at least! I mean, what would the neighbors think?
Pages: 1 ... 1573 1574 [1575] 1576 1577 ... 3345