Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1562 1563 [1564] 1565 1566 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3705318 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: RAEGology Edition
« Reply #23445 on: May 13, 2013, 05:16:59 pm »

That said, trying to piss off a cop like the guy in the video was doing is probably the last thing you want to do if you think the cop is willing to beat you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #23446 on: May 13, 2013, 05:36:26 pm »

I get the motivation. Cops like to park in the drive to our parking lot at work, and often get huffy when we remind them they're on private property (and they're ****ing block our business entrance.)

But screwing with the cop, for me, at the very least is contingent on their attitude. That cop was, by most metrics, pretty polite. But they went into "ask 1000 questions" mode like they a) have never read their operators manual and b) are catching a cop in a major act of corruption or violation of their civil rights. To that cop's credit, he didn't explode which would have justified their behavior.

I just think of all the nice cops I've met, who were all doing their jobs as the state requires, who don't deserve to be treated like that. Because let's be honest. If a cop is going to violate your civil rights, it's going to happen. Regardless of your camera phone, the camera phones of on lookers or the letter of the law. Trying to lawyer a cop politely and legitimately doing their job is just making a GOOD cop bitter. Well done, fuckwads.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Eidolon

• Bay Watcher
  • Floating weightless in a cavern.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23447 on: May 13, 2013, 06:35:56 pm »

Speaking of that, this just happened in my hometown. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyd_NldNSiM
tl;dr 8 cops beat a drunk man to death, then searched witnesses homes to seize video evidence that was taken by a 911 caller.
In ancient times, men built wonders, laid claim to the stars, and sought to better themselves for the good of all.
But we are much wiser now.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23448 on: May 13, 2013, 06:41:09 pm »

Speaking of that, this just happened in my hometown. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyd_NldNSiM
tl;dr 8 cops beat a drunk man to death, then searched witnesses homes to seize video evidence that was taken by a 911 caller.
Did they issued a warrant for the video tape as evidence?

Honestly, not every cop is a dickhead, i had my share of dickhead cops, and i had my share of nice ones. its starting to come down to the point of these guys need to do a cycle work of office and patrol duty, i know some stations even had some sort of a semi-annual mental check-up to see if the cop is working under alot of stress. Their are tools out there to help these guys out and avoid these horrible situations.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23449 on: May 13, 2013, 07:37:29 pm »

I also think that there are good departments and bad departments.  Here, most everyone respects the police, and when one dies in the line of duty you WILL know it.  The only people who I hear complain about them are the wannabe gangsters "Those fat pigs took my joints! What right do they have to do that?"
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #23450 on: May 13, 2013, 10:12:28 pm »

I posted this and read up on it myself a few days ago.

From what I read, no.  They didn't use warrants.  They used intimidation and siege tactics.  One couple they wouldn't allow to leave their home until they handed over the phone, and the guy finally did because he couldn't afford to miss work and lose his job over it.  They also arrested a bystander to the incident on the accusation that he was high on PCP, and several days later had yet to administer a drug test as he sat in jail.

The guy was supposedly begging for his life as they beat him to death, too.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23451 on: May 14, 2013, 01:27:57 am »

I posted this and read up on it myself a few days ago.

From what I read, no.  They didn't use warrants.  They used intimidation and siege tactics.  One couple they wouldn't allow to leave their home until they handed over the phone, and the guy finally did because he couldn't afford to miss work and lose his job over it.  They also arrested a bystander to the incident on the accusation that he was high on PCP, and several days later had yet to administer a drug test as he sat in jail.

The guy was supposedly begging for his life as they beat him to death, too.
well lets see here, so we now got 4th 5th and 6th amendment infractions and also felonies for Extortion, Fraud, and of course murder. Lets see how far they can dig deeper.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23452 on: May 14, 2013, 01:46:13 am »

No see they are the cops. The cops enforce the law. You can't go against them, that would be going against Americatm. Your not a terrorist are you? These measures are required for your freedom! This is the war on terror/drugs/immigration/communism/other.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23453 on: May 14, 2013, 01:51:09 am »

No see they are the cops. The cops enforce the law. You can't go against them, that would be going against Americatm. Your not a terrorist are you? These measures are required for your freedom! This is the war on terror/drugs/immigration/communism/other.
>__> these cops broke federal laws and the federal judiciary system is a complete bitch, they only got protection in county level possibly state if theres no internal affairs investigation or a federal investigation.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23454 on: May 14, 2013, 01:55:21 am »

That sounds like liberal hippie hate speech to me. Why do you hate freedom? It is like you don't even enjoy having people beaten to death in an act of inhuman and clearly illegal cruelty.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23455 on: May 14, 2013, 09:45:02 am »

Minor game raeg:

Been playing a lot of Warframe with a friend. It's like if Diablo met a 3rd person shooter, with endlessly respawning waves of enemies.

Tried to get my friend on Skype but he was being strange and was like "no it stresses me out too much trying to hear my wife and you at the same time."

Fine. Whatever. I guess we're going to talk at each other in chat with a 50% chance of actually seeing what the other is saying.

So there's this objective in the level we need to reach, then we have to escape. My friend is several levels higher than me so the whole instance level is bumped up. I grab the objective...security locks down...enemies start pouring into the room...I go to the security panel to override the security so we can escape, turn around....

And my friend is halfway across the level, sprinting for the exit. I'm COMPLETELY fucking surrounded by bad guys, enough to kill me three times over. I narrowly escape dying (which, unless I blow one of my limited revives for the day, means I get zero credits for the level if I don't complete it.)

My friend knows this, full and well. When I finally get away and say "Thanks for the backup" he replies "Oh sorry, my wife is hungry. She needs to eat."

Now, I'm not one to come between a dude and his wife. But a) thanks for fucking telling me that before hand you fuckwit, voice chat would have made that EASY to express and b) I'm glad that our friendship basically becomes invalid when your wife is hungry. My friend often uses his wife as an excuse for various reasons, but this is the first time it's truly pissed me off. Never mind the fact either that he's been playing Warframe all fucking day and this is the first game I've played since I've gotten off of work.

The point was made when we're almost out of the level and a truly epic horde of bad guys bum rushes us in a narrow corridor. The same horde of bad guys that I sprinted across the whole level to get away from. My friend is like "That was insane" and I said "Yes, that's what you abandoned me to when you decided to leave me behind."

It's one thing to be selfish. It's another thing to be selfish while using someone else to shield your selfishness.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 09:48:46 am by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23456 on: May 14, 2013, 03:54:29 pm »

That sounds like liberal hippie hate speech to me. Why do you hate freedom? It is like you don't even enjoy having people beaten to death in an act of inhuman and clearly illegal cruelty.
CAUSE YOU ARE A BAD MAN

Also, he has a problem with you playing with his wife on a online game?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23457 on: May 14, 2013, 04:26:56 pm »

No, he was abandoning his friend and teammate (nenjin) because he wanted to hurry for his wife. Rather than sticking to past commitments.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23458 on: May 14, 2013, 04:39:59 pm »

I understand, I mean, he dotes on his wife. Which is cool. But a freaking warning would have been nice! He had said "Wife needs to eat, let's hurry." What he didn't say was "SPRINT TO THE EVAC, GOOD LUCK!" It's especially irritating because dying in Warframe means you only get about 1/2 the total rewards for running a mission. And when that mission took 45 minutes to get through....yeah. Kind of a dick move to leave me hanging high and dry. He apologized, eventually.

It's exacerbated by the fact that these instances are all tweaked for his level. He's tougher and does more damage, so while he breezes through some opponents, I have to slog through pretty much all of them. So when he flies off into the level and leaves me behind (with an entire ambush worth of jerks trying to kill me) it really does seem like he's forgetting what COOP means. He's not that bad.....except when his wife is nearby. Then suddenly he may drop what he's doing, become uncommunicative or change his mind without warning. And that can be pretty goddamn annoying.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #23459 on: May 14, 2013, 06:09:21 pm »

Gonna restate what I sometimes say: Little girls and Grandmothers are OK, but all women should be locked in breeding camps from puberty to menopause.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.
Pages: 1 ... 1562 1563 [1564] 1565 1566 ... 3345