Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1559 1560 [1561] 1562 1563 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3704893 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: RAEGology Edition
« Reply #23400 on: May 11, 2013, 08:39:14 am »

Well when you say "why should these be made illegal?" after she just said "The law would make discriminating based on these illegal."

... Kinda confusing there, mate.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23401 on: May 11, 2013, 08:50:25 am »

Well when you say "why should these be made illegal?" after she just said "The law would make discriminating based on these illegal."

<Why should these be made illegal> -right after quote-

Why even use quotes if no one reads them?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #23402 on: May 11, 2013, 08:56:05 am »

I think we should stop eating babies.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #23403 on: May 11, 2013, 09:38:43 am »

I should be allowed to discriminate against you for eating babies.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23404 on: May 11, 2013, 09:42:08 am »

I knew you Westboro bastards were in here

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23405 on: May 11, 2013, 10:10:47 am »

Ohhh, NOW I get it!

He wasn't saying "discrimination based on being gay/black/female" should be legal, but that saying "Gays are evil!" or "You're a bloody n****r" or "Go make me a sammich" should be legal.

>_>
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23406 on: May 11, 2013, 10:31:00 am »

Ohhh, NOW I get it!

He wasn't saying "discrimination based on being gay/black/female" should be legal, but that saying "Gays are evil!" or "You're a bloody n****r" or "Go make me a sammich" should be legal.

>_>
Precisely!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #23407 on: May 11, 2013, 10:56:54 am »

Aha! :D I get it now too.

.. Though asking a female employee to make you a sandwich, or bring you coffee is arguably gender discrimination. Especially if only females are asked to do that.
And the rationale behind protesting the anti-discrimination law is 'gays are evil'. So that's that too.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #23408 on: May 11, 2013, 02:09:12 pm »

Went to a friend's LAN/Bachelor party. All told, I played 10, 15-minute matches of Mechwarrior over the course of about 12 hours. That's right, in 12 hours I played maybe an hour and a half of games. With about half the people there.

I love these guys but it's always, always the same damn story. No one is ever prepared, and there is a core group of friends who do NOTHING but play LoL until they're so fried they're not interested in playing anything else. People try to discuss what we should play and they're half-engaged in the conversation...or might say one thing but then turn around and go right back to LoL. One dude practically stops talking for the night, and just keeps playing LoL, alone if he has to.

And that always kind of divides the LAN party right from the outset. Not everyone can play LoL for 8 hours straight, or even an hour straight, because we don't like it that much. It makes you feel like it honestly makes no difference to them if you're there or not, because they're only interested in their fun. I gave LoL a tour of duty in the name of fun, I wish they'd reciprocate. I mean, we're all adults now. Everyone has a job and wants to enjoy the time they're not working. But I basically gave up my Friday night to sit around and not game. That's not fun for me. And they've heard this, multiple times, from multiple people at these LAN parties.

So I spent half the night installing games I'm probably not going to play. (Although someone did buy me the ARMA2 complete package so I could play DayZ, which I didn't actually end up playing.)

The next time someone even THINKS LAN party, I'm going to spearhead making a games list and sorting out wtf people will play before it starts, get shit installed before hand. Maybe with an actual plan we can avoid circling the toilet bowl, that is League of Legends eating up the whole fucking night. Christ, you can't even put more than 5 people in a match! These guys play LoL whenever they have a free minute, could they maybe give it up for one night to play other games with other people? They've been playing it religiously since the fucking game has been out. A group of 8 to 10 people become a group of 5 to 7 when they silently decide it's the only thing they're doing that night. To be fair they do make some half-hearted attempts, but usually only after they've spent the majority of the time and energy on LoL...and by then it's 2am and everyone is starting to fade.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 02:27:49 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23409 on: May 11, 2013, 03:53:00 pm »

But but... LAN stands for LoL Arena Night.

That's right. I just nested acronyms.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #23410 on: May 11, 2013, 05:03:55 pm »

Police have once again murdered a man, David Silva, in the street in California in front of several witnesses with cameras.  Eight officers reportedly beat him to a pulp as he begged for his life for about 10 minutes, and then began punishing/terrorizing witnesses and confiscating evidence.  I'll leave it up to you guys to look up the details for yourselves.  I'm beyond disgusted.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #23411 on: May 11, 2013, 06:19:18 pm »

I like the part where they say the police investigation might take a year to complete.  Just wow.  Wow.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23412 on: May 11, 2013, 06:29:25 pm »

Why is Perfectworld.com so dificult for me to login to? AAAARGH!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #23413 on: May 11, 2013, 06:44:02 pm »

Police have once again murdered a man, David Silva, in the street in California in front of several witnesses with cameras.  Eight officers reportedly beat him to a pulp as he begged for his life for about 10 minutes, and then began punishing/terrorizing witnesses and confiscating evidence.  I'll leave it up to you guys to look up the details for yourselves.  I'm beyond disgusted.
This was the only thing I could find. Everything else was about some British football player.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #23414 on: May 11, 2013, 08:26:35 pm »

This was the only thing I could find. Everything else was about some British football player.

http://www.bakersfieldcalifornian.com/local/x651132658/Debate-erupts-over-cell-phone-video-of-Silva-beating-by-officers-Witness-I-can-still-hear-him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyd_NldNSiM

https://www.google.com/search?q=Bakersfield+police+David+Silva&aq=f&oq=Bakersfield+police+David+Silva&aqs=chrome.0.57j61j62.5224j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Pages: 1 ... 1559 1560 [1561] 1562 1563 ... 3345