Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1557 1558 [1559] 1560 1561 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3704736 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: RAEGology Edition
« Reply #23370 on: May 09, 2013, 09:42:56 pm »

3.5 hours round trip, to eventually revert the client back to their original version, so I can call him back tomorrow and be like "Yeah, that didn't happen." It took, on average, 30 to 45 seconds per click before the screen updated. It took more than an hour to transfer a 14 mg zip file to their computer. It normally takes ~8 minutes on most people's connections.

Murder.

Slow...client...servers....updates....crash...after...processing...for....20....minutes....hours...of...my...free time....wasted....

asdfkasnkl;awvn;qwvnoqwvnonvwi 23 ji23 ji
"Oh, shit, the virus is attacking keyboards!"
"No, sir, he's just slamming it on his desk."

Fun fact, the only reason it stops there is because I was mashing my keyboard hard enough I posted. And managed to back browse to the forum root.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 09:44:58 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23371 on: May 09, 2013, 09:54:34 pm »

3.5 hours round trip, to eventually revert the client back to their original version, so I can call him back tomorrow and be like "Yeah, that didn't happen." It took, on average, 30 to 45 seconds per click before the screen updated. It took more than an hour to transfer a 14 mg zip file to their computer. It normally takes ~8 minutes on most people's connections.

Murder.

Slow...client...servers....updates....crash...after...processing...for....20....minutes....hours...of...my...free time....wasted....

asdfkasnkl;awvn;qwvnoqwvnonvwi 23 ji23 ji
"Oh, shit, the virus is attacking keyboards!"
"No, sir, he's just slamming it on his desk."

Fun fact, the only reason it stops there is because I was mashing my keyboard hard enough I posted. And managed to back browse to the forum root.
If I may? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23372 on: May 10, 2013, 11:10:54 am »

More fucking text advertizing. I have no idea where it came from, and seems to have installed itself somehow in the approx 30 minutes I have been online this morning. I have no idea how to get rid of it except for restoring my computer to like 2 weeks back.

It's like the internet apocalypse.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23373 on: May 10, 2013, 12:31:25 pm »

Download SUPERantispyware and if that doesn't work, google around to see if you can find a name and a solution.

Also, are you using an adblocker?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23374 on: May 10, 2013, 01:32:13 pm »

Yes, I have an adblocker. I've looked up how to get rid of these things, but everything comes up a dead end except the restoration.

Also, I seem to be noticing "invisible" popups. They aren't even there until i try to click something, anything, like the play button on a youtube video or the blank space next to the video with no link. It flashes up then, poof, it's gone. Also, I suspect they may be piggybacking on the adobe and java updates, many of which I suspect are fake all together, and plague me every 5 minutes.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23375 on: May 10, 2013, 01:54:50 pm »

You should probably run Hijackthis. It sounds like you've got some malicious Browser Helper Objects at work.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23376 on: May 10, 2013, 02:59:48 pm »

Just downloaded and scanned with SUPERAntiSpyware, and my god did it find a lot of stuff. Stuff that AVG did not get.

When did avg go from being the best free antivirus to practically worthless?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23377 on: May 10, 2013, 03:01:58 pm »

When did avg go from being the best free antivirus to practically worthless?
Bout 3-4 years ago.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #23378 on: May 10, 2013, 03:02:07 pm »

I used to run AVG a few years ago but then I got serious issues with it so I switched to Avast which worked great for a long while. I only recently switched to Kaspersky since I got a great student deal on the license.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 03:03:41 pm by Aptus »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23379 on: May 10, 2013, 03:08:06 pm »

AVG was a POS around 2003, IMO. It went from free and great to free and bloated to free and as bad as any virus itself.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23380 on: May 10, 2013, 03:09:19 pm »

i went over to malwarebytes since 30 bucks gets you lifetime license for their on demand scanner.

AVG was a POS around 2003, IMO. It went from free and great to free and bloated to free and as bad as any virus itself.
not to mention their system requirements skyrocketed last year, its not even usable on old machines anymore

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23381 on: May 10, 2013, 03:29:13 pm »

Malwarebytes is awesome if you pair it with MSE.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23382 on: May 10, 2013, 03:33:14 pm »

What do you get when you buy MalwareBytes that you don't get with the free version? 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23383 on: May 10, 2013, 04:58:52 pm »

Raging because an asshole I know smacked me in the back of the head hard today. The pricks been doing stuff like this since I met him. I still hang out with him and treat him as a friend most of the time, even though he pulls shit like this a lot. At the end of every day I feel like he is one of the worst people I know, and yet every day I end up having a few laughs with him that end up turning sour as he starts acting more and more like a prick. I would stop hanging out with him, but then I know he would get well and truly pissed. I thinking about smashing his head through a window, and my only thoughts about the repercussions was the fact that my family and I wouldn't be able to pay for said window.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23384 on: May 10, 2013, 05:01:12 pm »

What do you get when you buy MalwareBytes that you don't get with the free version?
More scanning options, I believe. Ram scanning, for one. Maybe some other stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 1557 1558 [1559] 1560 1561 ... 3345