Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1554 1555 [1556] 1557 1558 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3704431 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Spring Drive Edition
« Reply #23325 on: May 08, 2013, 01:27:55 pm »

A mosqito is pestering me. Several bites so far, the most annoying ones are on the arms and fingers, itching like fuck and there's not much I can do about it.

When I get my hands on that little piece of shit.

I WILL SUCK THE BLOOD OUT OF YOU YOU LITTLE ASS!!!! YOU HEAR ME!!!! YOU ARE GOING DOWN!!!!!

Mosquito called, she said, "But you're so delicious! And I'm pregnant!"

My rage of the day; My mother was bathing the dogs out back, and hadn't closed the door all the way, so as soon as mom let go of my puppy she bolted for the door, and charged through the house, covering everything along the length in a long puddle of dirty water. She's a big, short-legged aussie shepherd so her poofy-ass hair can hold like two gallons of fucking water and time-release it. Worst part is, as soon as you look at her, whether she's in trouble or not, she plants her ass on the ground and starts scooting along, so the floor only got the worst of it when mom called her back and I had to pick her up and haul her out manually.
She'd make a great fucking sprinkler. Too bad she only works as a mop if she was dry beforehand.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23326 on: May 08, 2013, 01:55:49 pm »

My mother was bathing the dogs out back, and hadn't closed the door all the way, so as soon as mom let go of my puppy she bolted for the door, and charged through the house, covering everything along the length in a long puddle of dirty water. She's a big, short-legged aussie shepherd so her poofy-ass hair can hold like two gallons of fucking water and time-release it. Worst part is, as soon as you look at her, whether she's in trouble or not, she plants her ass on the ground and starts scooting along.
She'd make a great fucking sprinkler. Too bad she only works as a mop if she was dry beforehand.
The ambiguity here is hilarious.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #23327 on: May 08, 2013, 03:06:04 pm »

Very briefly, Jurassic Park 4 was going to come out in 2014. Now it is on hold.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23328 on: May 08, 2013, 03:09:25 pm »

At the mountains of madness is still on hold.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #23329 on: May 08, 2013, 03:56:28 pm »

That one bugs me, AtMoM is like the first movie I've honestly wanted to see in the theaters in probably 5 years. And it looked so close to completion when they were teasing it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23330 on: May 08, 2013, 04:26:06 pm »

Ordered a DVD drive/burner, and it turns out that it doesn't have the same connector that my motherboard uses.

Also, Windows decided to rearrange several icons on my desktop for no reason. Randomly making every folder think it's a music folder is bad enough.

EDIT: I suppose there isn't anything like a SATA-to-USB converter or anything like that?

EDITBEFOREEDIT: Apparently there is, and it costs just as much as the drive did.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 04:44:51 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #23331 on: May 08, 2013, 04:36:00 pm »

Reading that right now. Would have loved to see it in film, assuming it stays this awesome ^-^

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23332 on: May 08, 2013, 04:41:19 pm »

My RAGE of the day: my college wants another transcript of my high school "career", or another copy of my diploma. They have three of each already. I'm really, really sick of the paperwork nonsense that they consistently pull on me.
Hmm.

Do you have a stapler?

I think someones head needs two holes and a curtain.
The part that pisses me off the most is that the guy in charge of financial aid went to high school with me. We graduated at the same time. I'm actually a month older than he is. RRRRRRRAAGHH!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23333 on: May 08, 2013, 04:59:09 pm »

The experience at my current university was little different.  It's pretty astounding how disorganized they can be.  I could have been out somewhere around 9 credit hours when I transferred if I didn't tell the lady at admissions that I took several transferable classes already.  This same university's graduate school also managed to lose a letter of recommendation from my brother's admissions packet, and denied him admissions on those grounds.  It was located in the same envelope as his application.

Personal rage today: I don't see myself game mastering any more games for a long time.  I'm sure a few people will rejoice at that.

I just wrote half of a page of angry ranting in my Evernote note related to the game I'm running right now, and a full 5-6 pages of frustrations I've had with RPGs in general over the past year or two in another note.  You know, just in case I forget how annoyed I've been over it.  Especially in the last month.

I'd post some of it, but it's not really suitable for human consumption.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23334 on: May 08, 2013, 06:21:30 pm »

Welp, virus got into the servers and nuke all of our user datas (thankfully not their databases)

thats about more than 300Gb of data to recover and we don't know what happens when it hits the bottom of our user list
one domain controller down, will others follow?

(Also reason why im putting this into the rage sec cause SOME FUCK JUST MADE MY GODDAMN DAY IN HELL(this is got to be security breach not some random virus on the internets))

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #23335 on: May 08, 2013, 06:27:37 pm »

Universities and colleges have some serious double standards when it comes to doing things correctly in a timely manner.  I've had instructors not grade anything until midterms, but don't accept late work without losing a letter grade or not accepting the work at all.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #23336 on: May 08, 2013, 06:30:47 pm »

Reading that right now. Would have loved to see it in film, assuming it stays this awesome ^-^
I heard it was flat-out canceled, under the reason that Prometheus basically had the same plot and many scenes would bear similarities and it made an already risky movie even more risky to produce.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #23337 on: May 08, 2013, 06:32:56 pm »

I heard it was flat-out canceled, under the reason that Prometheus basically had the same plot and many scenes would bear similarities and it made an already risky movie even more risky to produce.
Really? Because Prometheus and AMoM don't really have the same plot at all. AMoM is more similar to the Thing or Alien than Prometheus.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23338 on: May 08, 2013, 06:34:05 pm »

No, the real reason it was cancelled was because The Wolfman got bad sales (because it was a terrible movie), which apparently told the executives that "horror is out right now". Dumbasses.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #23339 on: May 08, 2013, 06:48:18 pm »

Really? Because Prometheus and AMoM don't really have the same plot at all. AMoM is more similar to the Thing or Alien than Prometheus.
Mountains features an alien precursor and their colony being explored by human researchers who discover during the course of their search that said precursor are responsible for the creation of mankind, as shown by an engraving in the city relating to the Elder Things' genetic experiments and creations. Mountains also has alien slime monsters.

Prometheus, likewise, features alien precursors, with "perfect match" of DNA with humans, as well as alien geometries and slime-based monsters.

To the average sci-fi scrub, Mountains could be seen as a stupid rip-off of Prometheus, "because Prometheus obviously came first, derp."
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 1554 1555 [1556] 1557 1558 ... 3345