Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1542 1543 [1544] 1545 1546 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3704670 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Ab Amore Dei Edition
« Reply #23145 on: May 01, 2013, 10:08:24 pm »

Seriously, you guys need to invest to a romance thread :P

RAEG of the day: failed the certification exam of my company's program (failed on the questions that godforbid any customer dare asks me)
If i were to gain extra hours i would have to sort through thousands of letters for advertising in the state of oklahoma, id kill everybody within hours of that work and finish 30% of that 100lb box.
And of course, NOBODY IS AVAILABLE, LETS DICK AROUND IN MINECRAFT AND HAVE NO LIFE BEYOND THE WALLS >:I

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #23146 on: May 01, 2013, 11:32:17 pm »

I've never really had a "type".  I just like someone or I don't, completely based on the individual.  The likelihood of recognizing attractive things about a person also tends to increase the more time I spend around them, probably because I can be attracted to someone in different ways.  Even if there's zero physical attraction, I can develop affections based on emotional or intellectual qualities or simply shared personal history, which can manifest into thoughts about physical expression... which has always made my views on relationships really weird, because romantic interest isn't a clearly defined thing for me, emotionally, but it's always appeared to be for most other people.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23147 on: May 01, 2013, 11:37:15 pm »

Eh, I strongly suspect I won't end up with one of my waifs.  I don't think it would be good for me.

What I mean by type is that there's a certain sort of person where I see them and think Oh my gawd.  There was a woman wearing a white hijab once in an elevator, with rose perfume.  I could barely walk straight afterwards--I was drunk on aesthetic experience.

This is rather different than love, though.  It's just a strong aesthetic preference for a particular person, who in that way somehow becomes an objet d'art (this is why I don't try to date these folks--because I recognize that I've idealized them).
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #23148 on: May 01, 2013, 11:38:31 pm »

Eh, I strongly suspect I won't end up with one of my waifs.  I don't think it would be good for me.

What I mean by type is that there's a certain sort of person where I see them and think Oh my gawd.  There was a woman wearing a white hijab once in an elevator, with rose perfume.  I could barely walk straight afterwards--I was drunk on aesthetic experience.

This is rather different than love, though.  It's just a strong aesthetic preference for a particular person, who in that way somehow becomes an objet d'art (this is why I don't try to date these folks--because I recognize that I've idealized them).
This happens to me more often than I'd like. If I happen to know/sort of know them, I then try to counteract that by getting to know them more. Generally works, as you get the best of both worlds.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #23149 on: May 01, 2013, 11:40:24 pm »

I can empathize with the sex drive thing as well. If it's any consolation, the "getting weirdly emotionally attached to people you won't see again" will pass in time. Cynically I believe it's because you learn how to not emotionally invest so much of yourself in others, in some ideas, in fantasies. You start reserving more for yourself, for other things, as you get older. For clingy types, it actually brings you into balance.

Getting distracted every 30 seconds by who is walking by though...well, that will go on I'm afraid ;)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23150 on: May 01, 2013, 11:41:50 pm »

I can empathize with the sex drive thing as well. If it's any consolation, the "getting weirdly emotionally attached to people you won't see again" will pass in time. Cynically I believe it's because you learn how to not emotionally invest so much of yourself in others, in some ideas, in fantasies. You start reserving more for yourself, for other things, as you get older. For clingy types, it actually brings you into balance.

Getting distracted every 30 seconds by who is walking by though...well, that will go on I'm afraid ;)
I stopped it after it started. Or at least hevily suppressed it. Took me a year of focus to do so, but it worked.
Sig! Onol

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Spring Drive Edition
« Reply #23151 on: May 02, 2013, 12:13:47 am »

I had sort of had mine suppressed for the passed few years, I was never in a position where it really bothered me, seems to have changed just recently though. Might be because of lifting depression issues, might be because I'm finding myself around more people I tend to find physically attractive, might be a combination of both or something else?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #23152 on: May 02, 2013, 12:15:00 am »

Spring. You think half of the animal world getting it on isn't going to apply to humanity on some level? :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23153 on: May 02, 2013, 12:41:54 am »

I guess? I know some other people have been having similar troubles.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23154 on: May 02, 2013, 12:42:51 am »

Spring. You think half of the animal world getting it on isn't going to apply to humanity on some level? :P
In a manner that no right person would think of for me, yes.
Sort of.
Sig! Onol

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23155 on: May 02, 2013, 12:43:49 am »

Sort of.
You do realize that you're on the internet, right?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23156 on: May 02, 2013, 12:44:39 am »

Sort of.
You do realize that you're on the internet, right?
Yeah. It's that odd.
Sig! Onol

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23157 on: May 02, 2013, 07:57:53 am »

Yeah.  I'm really into the lovely, femmey, wispy boys, and I'm kind of the opposite.  Well, that's definitely not my only type, but that's the main one.
Except for the (obvious) change... Are you me? >_>
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23158 on: May 02, 2013, 09:36:09 am »

I met a girl in a game-store organised "let's play"-pub night. And I won't see her ever again. :(
I hate myself for not asking her full name/number, I hate this university yearbook for not being able to find any student, I hate this couchsurfing website for not letting me browse the area's members list, and I even hate her for not subscribing in the event's page ... D:

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23159 on: May 02, 2013, 02:05:41 pm »

My brother has been talking very loudly over skype for over an hour now... It's really starting to get on my nerves, especially as I was hoping for some quiet time in this house today.
Pages: 1 ... 1542 1543 [1544] 1545 1546 ... 3345