Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1537 1538 [1539] 1540 1541 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3705150 times)

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Ab Amorem Dei Edition
« Reply #23070 on: April 28, 2013, 09:41:26 pm »

I'm mostly surprised because we're so kickarse at everything else. Well, except the passive racism.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23071 on: April 28, 2013, 09:44:10 pm »

And the censorship.

And the immigration policies.

I mean holy shit.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 09:48:42 pm by kaijyuu »
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #23072 on: April 28, 2013, 09:49:46 pm »

And the censorship.

And the immigration policies.

Censorship is on its way out, we have an R18+ rating for games now. Immigration policies are a) sorta covered under passive racism, b) mostly affecting people who come by boat (who are a tiny, tiny minority of immigrants/refugees) and c) absolutely shameful with the amount of focus it's had in the news and Parliament. Yeah, we're not perfect.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23073 on: April 28, 2013, 11:41:01 pm »

People who see no problem with incessantly bragging about their intelligence and achievements annoy me. It's not because they shouldn't be proud of them - no, they should. Mostly, it's because I put so much effort into being humble and agreeable all the time. When I see successful, happy people who don't even bother with any of that, it makes my blood boil and I wonder if putting any energy into humility is a waste of time in the first place.  :-[

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #23074 on: April 28, 2013, 11:43:46 pm »

It is. You get women way more often with boisterousness :V

But seriously, humbleness is good. I brag with actions and speak with humility :V

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23075 on: April 28, 2013, 11:44:37 pm »

Do you like yourself? If so, remember that if you acted like them, people like YOU (people you like!) would feel the same rage against you that you do against them!

My general principle is always aim to be a person you'd respect. Can you be "successful" without that? Sure! But being successful isn't as important as being valuable in the eyes of people that are actually important.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23076 on: April 29, 2013, 12:33:43 am »

Self respect? Who needs that when you're rich?

* kaijyuu puts on sunglasses, revs up his hoverbike and rides into the sunset, dollar bills leaking from his pockets.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23077 on: April 29, 2013, 02:52:16 am »

* kaijyuu puts on sunglasses, revs up his hoverbike and rides into the sunset, dollar bills leaking from his pockets.

*Proceeds to pick up all the dollar bills he can.*
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 02:54:39 am by Ultimuh »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #23078 on: April 29, 2013, 06:41:58 am »

People who see no problem with incessantly bragging about their intelligence and achievements annoy me. It's not because they shouldn't be proud of them - no, they should. Mostly, it's because I put so much effort into being humble and agreeable all the time. When I see successful, happy people who don't even bother with any of that, it makes my blood boil and I wonder if putting any energy into humility is a waste of time in the first place.  :-[
My rage, if any, is noticing that people do those things without consideration of anyone around them... :/

You aren't them FFS, so it is always justified. (Because humility is underscored in the short run, but always pays off in any run longer than that few moments of boastfulness.)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23079 on: April 29, 2013, 07:46:10 am »

Oh hey it's made of money guy from the Geico commercials I should have known he could afford a hoverbike.

* Greiger follows in a street sweeper.

I'm fine with achivement braggers.  I manage to just tune them out most of the time.

It's when I previously saw those same people exploiting the achievement system that's when they get my goat. 

*"Oh lets go ruin this mmo soccer/rugby minigame by taking the ball off map with my friend and passing back and fourth to eachother for passing and interception achievement points ruining the game for everyone else!  It's particularly hilarious because this minigame is already undervalued and there is rarely enough players to have more than one game running at a time, so not only are we ruining this game, we're preventing ANYONE from playing."*
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23080 on: April 29, 2013, 11:52:58 am »

My rage, if any, is noticing that people do those things without consideration of anyone around them... :/

You aren't them FFS, so it is always justified. (Because humility is underscored in the short run, but always pays off in any run longer than that few moments of boastfulness.)
When does humility ever pay off?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23081 on: April 29, 2013, 11:56:20 am »

When you're a serial killer.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

AlmightyOne

• Bay Watcher
  • You and what lightning fingers???
    • View Profile
« Reply #23082 on: April 29, 2013, 12:04:56 pm »

:D

Isn't that the main aspect of humility?
If it did pay off, wouldn't everybody in the whole world be like that?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23083 on: April 29, 2013, 12:05:32 pm »

:D

Isn't that the main aspect of humility?
If it did pay off, wouldn't everybody in the whole world be like that?
(Because humility is underscored in the short run, but always pays off in any run longer than that few moments of boastfulness.)
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #23084 on: April 29, 2013, 12:33:56 pm »

It's kinda' paid dividends for me over the years, especially when I'm dealing with individuals over a longer period. Help above and beyond the minimum, occasional special consideration, general good will and cooperation... I've seen all these to comparatively greater degrees, when put up against those who strut about. Humility is generally a component of robust self-awareness, from what I've seen, and, well.
Quote from: Sun Tzu
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 1537 1538 [1539] 1540 1541 ... 3345