Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1534 1535 [1536] 1537 1538 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3705625 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Normal!  Reasonable!  I wanted things that made sense, I had interests that made sense, I could be perfectly happy sitting around reading the dictionary and solving my n-millionth logic puzzle or reading a novel for the 10th time because it was just as great every time, it just sort of got progressively more comforting.

I'm upset.  This is earnestly upsetting.

EDIT: On the other hand, I've seen Gladiator twice and enjoyed it equally both times, so maybe I'll watch it a few more times when I graduate and that will feel a bit better.  Or I could start my fifth run of FFIX.

T_____________________T
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I used to be perfectly normal.  No interest in dating, no physical interests in general.

While I understand what you're saying, I can't help but be amused by your use of the word normal here :P
Kinda this.

Oddly enough, I'm having the opposite "problem"; as the years go by, I'm having less interest in dating and whatever than I did in my highschool days. I'd probably still jump at the chance, but as the years go by I'm just not as worried about that stuff as I used to be. I wouldn't call myself asexual, like some board members, its more like accepting that I'm just not the romantic type.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

I once mentioned to a psychologist that I wish humanity came with an instruction manual, to which she agreed whole-heartedly.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I spent my entire life feeling normal until I was about to turn 19 and then someone told me I had a weird brain and now I'm miserable.

The end.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Try to look at it this way.  There's a large part of life that previously looked black & white to you.  There was color there.  You just couldn't see it.  Now you can.

Yeah, it complicates life a hell of a lot, and that really sucks at times.  It's not all bad, though.  Anything that makes life interesting is going to do that.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I spent my entire life feeling normal until I was about to turn 19 and then someone told me I had a weird brain and now I'm miserable.

The end.
Weird how? I don't think anyone on this ball of rock has a "normal" brain.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Normal!  Reasonable!  I wanted things that made sense, I had interests that made sense, I could be perfectly happy sitting around reading the dictionary and solving my n-millionth logic puzzle or reading a novel for the 10th time because it was just as great every time, it just sort of got progressively more comforting.

I'm upset.  This is earnestly upsetting.

EDIT: On the other hand, I've seen Gladiator twice and enjoyed it equally both times, so maybe I'll watch it a few more times when I graduate and that will feel a bit better.  Or I could start my fifth run of FFIX.

T_____________________T
From what I understand (little), "romantic interests" is actually a blanket term used by those too unaware of it's true purpose as an indoctrination tool to guide you to a certain person and subtly manipulate you into coapulating with them in order to produce more offspring who will eventually suffer from this malignance as well. I don't quite understad why they're doing it, but I sure as hell know that I didn't agree to having my biochemistry destabilized in order to make me easier to shoehorn into a predetermined destiny.

This is probably contrary to what most people believe.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Apparently most people have had a back-and-forth conversation before the age of 19 and a half.

[/feeling sorry for self mode]

Try to look at it this way.  There's a large part of life that previously looked black & white to you.  There was color there.  You just couldn't see it.  Now you can.

Yeah, it complicates life a hell of a lot, and that really sucks at times.  It's not all bad, though.  Anything that makes life interesting is going to do that.

It still looks black and white to me.  We're all normal, and we're all fine.  I don't see or understand the need for division; never will.

Bluh bluh bluh

I'll think about it.

From what I understand (little), "romantic interests" is actually a blanket term used by those too unaware of it's true purpose as an indoctrination tool to guide you to a certain person and subtly manipulate you into coapulating with them in order to produce more offspring who will eventually suffer from this malignance as well. I don't quite understad why they're doing it, but I sure as hell know that I didn't agree to having my biochemistry destabilized in order to make me easier to shoehorn into a predetermined destiny.

This is probably contrary to what most people believe.

Thank you, I feel better.  You are a gen-yew-ine pal.

AlmightyOne

• Bay Watcher
  • You and what lightning fingers???
    • View Profile

Now I know what I'm going to say when my mom asks me when Im going to get married.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Note that you probably shouldn't take anything I say without 6 seperate teams of lawyers, psychologists, and CSI: Miami people examining it to make sure I'm not just on another tangent again. Good luck however it goes; from what I think I know it wears off after ~40 years.
Sig! Onol

AlmightyOne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know it wears off after ~40 years.
That's a reassuring thought my good sir.
Well atleast till then we can manage it, that's what the internet is for.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

I flip back and forth.  On the one hand, I often get pissed off about biological imperatives messing with my head and being generally distracting.  On the other hand, biological imperatives sort of are my head.  I don't know what I would care to do or even what I would be without them.  It's all a mess of chemicals and they mix in ways I don't fully understand, so I don't know how much I can resent one but not another.  So these days I just get annoyed with cultural immaturity making the whole thing a lot more difficult than it needs to be.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For me, I don't really like it because the following:
Hormones: Hey, Xantalos. Go have sex with [PERSON].
Me: No, you idiot, I'll get arrested/punched/both.
Me: No. Why do you keep on telling me to when we both know it's for our ultimate detriment?
Me: ...screw you, hormones. No, not in that way, you pack of mental hyenas.
Sig! Onol

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...But what if [PERSON] wants to have sex with you? No arresting or punching!

In all seriousness, being able to control yourself is generally seen as a good thing.

AlmightyOne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I love/hate it
On one side, it screws up your judgement and concentration.
but on the other, it does have it's moments. By moments I mean
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 1534 1535 [1536] 1537 1538 ... 3345