Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1531 1532 [1533] 1534 1535 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3705786 times)

BinaryBeast1010011010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Mister, dont put your guitar in front of the train's door, if there is a fire inside one of the wagons nobody will be able to get out"
First time I've heard that. But that is not what makes me rage. What gives me a strong desire to gouge the sucker's eyes is the simple fact that I do not own a guitar BUT A FUCKING CELLO
cant stop playing DF?
 : (){ :|:& };:

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

There was some sort of party in the pub I live almost next to last night.

It lasted until 6:50.

I am not happy.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

"Mister, dont put your guitar in front of the train's door, if there is a fire inside one of the wagons nobody will be able to get out"
First time I've heard that. But that is not what makes me rage. What gives me a strong desire to gouge the sucker's eyes is the simple fact that I do not own a guitar BUT A FUCKING CELLO
Well, guitars are basically cellos with 50% more strings, a strangely ribbed neck, an obvious bridge deficiency and lacking a huge metal spike on the end....

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Isn't a cello just a really big violin anyway?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Violins don't have the metal spikes.

Or if they do, that explains why Sky, living so close to North Korea, has one.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Goddamned headphones just snapped apart. Not sure if I should order a new pair online or just go to the store buy a new headset of the same model as the old one. It'd be cheaper to order a low-cost one, but I don't want to wait all weekend for shipping.

Does it still play sound and record voice?  If so it might be better to just superglue/duct tape them back together.  I have a headset that broke into 3 separate pieces.  I just duct taped it back together and it is still serving me well 3 years later.  And I'm not kidding when I say I wear them at least 3 hours a day every day.

Superglue is preferable to tape of course, but some plastics resist it, like my headset.
Still works. The left side went out a week ago, although since it broke it seems to have come back if I turn my head in a certain way. I never use the mic, but it still seems to respond, although I haven't actually tried recording with it yet.

It's being held together(barely) by Scotch tape, since I couldn't find the superglue. At least it's adjustable now.

Isn't a cello just a really big violin anyway?
As someone who can play a classical instrument(flute, not cello), nnnnnghhhhhh. *>_<
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Hey, I play classical instrument too. :P
In fact, I play the violin, a close relative to the violincello.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

For the first time in twenty years, an American has died of Pertussis. An infant no less. Fuck anti-vaxxers.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

For the first time in twenty years, an American has died of Pertussis. An infant no less. Fuck anti-vaxxers.

South Wales currently has a measles epidemic as a direct result of the now discredited MMR/Autism link - teenagers who were prevented having thier MMR jabs by parents  responding to the media misinformation just over 10 years ago are now catching it in thier hundreds, with cases expected to soar into the thousands. Still some parents are refusing to vaccinate. I just dont get it...
This is a blank sig.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

I'm not normally one for heavy-handed measures, but at this point I think refusal to vaccinate should be a crime. The public health risk is too fucking high.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Vaccines are not 100% effective, but they kill off the virus among the population pretty fast when suddenly the majority of the population is immune.  Folks who refuse to vaccinate for very dangerous things are putting people at risk that it could spread to responsible people who did vaccinate but by bad luck it wasn't effective.

I don't want people forcing vaccines for chickenpox or anything like that though.  Deadly stuff, fine, crap that just makes you sick a few days should stay optional.  And of course, all required vaccinations should be government paid.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Suddenly I'm very grateful for having educated parents, even if neither of them completed more than a semester or two of college...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Chicken pox does not "just make you sick for a few days". It can cause deaths in children and leaves previously-infected adults on the lookout for the much-more-dangerous shingles for the rest of their lives. My mother very foolishly chose to not get me the chickenpox vaccine when it was approved for public usage early in my life, and now I'll have to risk shingles when I get older. Maybe it will never come up again. Maybe I'll develop it but be fine. Maybe it'll kill me. I have no way of knowing.

There are no vaccines for "non dangerous" things. People in perfect health may not generally be threatened by chickenpox, but not everybody is in perfect health or stays that way.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 05:03:13 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
No Gods, No Masters.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Think I read somewhere that says folks further exposed to chickenpox during adulthood have a reduced chance of getting shingles.  Might be a load of bull though.

I guess I'm not the most educated about chickenpox then.  I've had it, my sister had it, my nefews had it, my cousins had it, and it never hit any of us more severely than a bad cold and some itchyness.  And previous reading years ago about shingles played it off as both uncommon and not lethal. Maybe we've all just gotten lucky, and I had outdated information.

If it's that much of a problem, lets do it, what's the harm I guess.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Well, there is a slight risk of death if you're allergic to the vaccines. But that's what herd immunity is for; those who can get vaccinated do so in order for those who can't get get vaccinated to be safe.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1531 1532 [1533] 1534 1535 ... 3345