Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1524 1525 [1526] 1527 1528 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3706959 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

Progressive (general): the belief in and pursuit of progress toward greater equality, liberty and justice.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

He doesn't need to be neutral, but metaphors need to be.
I'm just going to chip in to defend language and say that language need only be grammatically correct, even then with exceptions.
'Neutral' words are a rather subjective concept.
Smuggling connotations is a rather low technique to subconciously alter the opinions of people. I'm sure it was not done with intent, but it shouldn't be done.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i am not attempting to smuggle connotations. i am outright making a literal statement. religions are memetic viruses and parasites.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Smuggling connotations is a rather low technique to subconciously alter the opinions of people. I'm sure it was not done with intent, but it shouldn't be done.
It is a wonderful literary technique that achieves what it sets out to accomplish. It takes thought to understand its true meaning so I see where not it would subconsciously alter one's opinion; that would be the job of rhetoric that sways emotion and revels in caprice.
People's opinions are subjective. Blame not the word for the faults of people.
Also Nadaka wasn't using a metaphor, Nadaka was using a simile.

AlmightyOne

• Bay Watcher
  • You and what lightning fingers???
    • View Profile

i am not attempting to smuggle connotations. i am outright making a literal statement. religions are memetic viruses and parasites.
What you say is true but religions sometimes does have some positive aspects. Lets put this matter to rest shall we? Can I take off my protective safety gear now?Is this discussion settled?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Windows 8 is rage inducing.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

'After spending three days looking for one, you find an FTB server you like, find a nice place and everything?

Well, fuck you! We're gonna keep kicking you for some bullshit software reason! How fun!'
DO YOU WANT TO JOIN MINE!?!?!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Nadaka, when you speak of religion you sound exactly like the mouthfrothing religious extremists when they speak of atheists, it gay people, or "liberals". To me it's both equally full of hate beyond reason or rationality.
Love, scriver~

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Can we not talk about this?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ill pm you the ip later, im still at work, requires FTB lite pack

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

But by discussing it, the thread becomes self-sustaining! We're pissing each other off, thereby having something to post about how angry we are at each other!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

But by discussing it, the thread becomes self-sustaining! We're pissing each other off, thereby having something to post about how angry we are at each other!
RARAARWWAAWRAWRAWAAHAGHAGEAEAAEAAEAARAASRAEREAAAJHAHAAEAAAEARATARRAFAHARARARARARARAAAAAHAJHAAHJAGHARAAAATATAAAAGAHAHAHAHRHRHAAEAETAAYAAYT!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If it's not on 24/7, this could be problematic.

Namely, because we seem to live in either quite different timezones, or you work a lot later than most.
im not hosting the server but we do have monkies that are on late night too so i don't think its going to be down much. you cant be that far?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If it's not on 24/7, this could be problematic.

Namely, because we seem to live in either quite different timezones, or you work a lot later than most.
im not hosting the server but we do have monkies that are on late night too so i don't think its going to be down much. you cant be that far?
There's between 8 and 5 hours difference between me and someone living in America. And the majority of players seem to be Americans.
yikes, yea i dunno much man, definitely will be alone for quite a chunk.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nadaka, when you speak of religion you sound exactly like the mouthfrothing religious extremists when they speak of atheists, it gay people, or "liberals". To me it's both equally full of hate beyond reason or rationality.

I don't hate religious people at all, just like I don't hate people who have the flu.

This position is nothing but reason and rationality.

I call it a parasite as a detached clinical observation, not as an insult to those who are afflicted.

Pages: 1 ... 1524 1525 [1526] 1527 1528 ... 3345