Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1519 1520 [1521] 1522 1523 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3707354 times)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

I need to stop reading the news. Or burn the world.
That's why I don't watch the news. And I would say that's the better solution.  My family considers me extremely irresponsible because I don't keep up on current events.  They were surprised I didn't know that there were 2 bombers the other day.

I responded with that I have little interest in things that do not directly effect me or anyone close to me, or that I cannot meaningfully change for the better myself.  As cold as that sounds, why spend an inordinate amount of time worrying about anything else?  Really the only reason I have even a passive interest in the events in boston is because this is probably either going to be blamed on videogames, or keep us from being allowed to buy deodorant without a 10 day waiting period.

Next time they give me a hard time about it I'll be sure to mention that earthquake though.  They are not the type to pay any attention to any international news.
I share what is largely the same viewpoint.  While I feel sorry for those who died in Boston, what happened there didn't even attempt to put a tiny dent into how many people died that day.  If it was something that was on the scale of 9/11, or bigger, then I might care, but even that doesn't greatly increase the amount of people who had died that day. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why the hell does everything decide to say "Fuck it, I quit" when downloading updates if the connection hangs for one second?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right. Today's rage is caused by my system being hosed by a game that supposedly is completely safe (Papers Please, 0.54)

I seriously hope it was not the case but it was the last thing to make registry edits before it all went to shit.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why do people insist on smoking inside those little bus stop shacks(of which there are exactly three that still exist without severe vandalism in my county)? And why do they insist on holding their cigarette so close to my face?? >:(
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I swear that flipping computer fan has gotten noisier, drives me nuts.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Probably has, clean it out if you can.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I did clean it out, I cleaned it out less than a week ago, that was when it started getting noisier!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

See if you have any loose parts.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's possible, but given that it's the power supply fan that's making all the noise, the thing is lodged in the power supply's casing, and holding or otherwise trying to dampen rattling in the power supply makes no changes, I suspect that fan is just going bad.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

Trying to find a feed the beast server.

Needless to say, it's not going well. The ones I've found are either too spread out (even across six dimensions. On a 40 player server >.<) or too laggy.
my club is starting one this week, i can get you access to it if you want

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

I'm so dry and itchy, I can't sleep! My skin is on fire! There is no moisturizer in this building and no way to get any until after dawn. It burns. IT BURNS!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

FAAAAAAAACK.

Hey YouTube...if I leave a video's page, I DON'T WANT IT TO CONTINUE PLAYING WITH NO WAY TO STOP IT!!!
I have TWO copies of the same video running at the same time despite closing that window. The overlapping audio is driving me bonkers.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

I'd blame that far more on your browser.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Fine.

GODDAMMIT, NIGHTLY! Stop running the audio for videos I'm not even trying to watch any more! Bad browser, bad!

ETA: Thank the various gods. Either my browser finally realized wtf was going on, or the videos ended. No more sound!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 02:54:17 am by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

I tried to buy an iPhone app. iTunes churned for a moment, then popped up a message along the lines of "iTunes cannot process purchases at this time," then a text messge from my bank arrives saying that iTunes charged my debit card. I didn't get the app.
Raeg. S:

Also, this isn't the first time that happened.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 1519 1520 [1521] 1522 1523 ... 3345