Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1517 1518 [1519] 1520 1521 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3707448 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I've often wondered why Windows-based software has never adopted a format where you can save things in multiple places at the same time. You can queue up a half-million other operations for execution, why not file saving? I'd love a check box where I just go "save it to c:\users\my documents\my pictures, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\.....\<game directory for image use> and F:\images. Hell, even create a profile that you can just go "Save as: My Save Profile #1."

With awesome write speeds, cheap storage, multithreading and data being king, you'd think this is something that would have already caught on.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

I've often wondered why Windows-based software has never adopted a format where you can save things in multiple places at the same time. You can queue up a half-million other operations for execution, why not file saving? I'd love a check box where I just go "save it to c:\users\my documents\my pictures, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\.....\<game directory for image use> and F:\images. Hell, even create a profile that you can just go "Save as: My Save Profile #1."

With awesome write speeds, cheap storage, multithreading and data being king, you'd think this is something that would have already caught on.
microsoft you got to cheat for it. Though server wise they now have every user saved as a virtual disk that can be stored at any network location.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For crap's sake, Steam, don't suddenly exit while updating just because the connection for one second. And why in the holy crap do I need to go through Steam just to uninstall something?! I should just purge these files manually.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Huh I actually like steam's method to uninstall stuff much better.  I right click it in steam and delete local content and it's gone. Really quickly too. 

Uninstalling programs that don't use steam seems clunky to me now with the window popping up and usually a minute or two of watching a progress bar.  And then it's usually asking me a whole bunch of stupid questions.  Steam I just say delete local content, and yes I'm sure.  And it's gone.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Minor rage: WHEN I'M WATCHING A DEAD SPACE LETS PLAY, CAN THE LPER PLEASE SHUT THE HELL UP

The guys been talking for 10 minutes straight. Kinda ruins the horror value.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

You should probably search for a "playthrough", rather than a Let's Play, if what you want is silence.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

That's kinda the point of an LP. It means Let's Play, as in the player and the audience :P

You want commentary-less footage, look for a walkthrough.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have no problem with commentary, but the talking was getting rather excessive. As in I actually didn't know the game had started because I was trying to figure out what the hell he was saying excessive. He quieted down some, though, so it's all good.
Sig! Onol

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

You could always watch the Beagle and Dslyecxi LP of DS3. Hours of entertainment right there. :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Neither Beowulf or Stanley made it into round 3 of the Great Character Wars.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Link to these so I may rage in turn?
Sig! Onol

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile

Why not watch a subtitled LP? The general rule of thumb is that an Atmospheric game, should be subtitled, so that people can better appreciate the atmosphere. For example, Chip Cheezum's Condemned LP, Vs just about everything else he's ever done.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why not watch a subtitled LP? The general rule of thumb is that an Atmospheric game, should be subtitled, so that people can better appreciate the atmosphere. For example, Chip Cheezum's Condemned LP, Vs just about everything else he's ever done.
I think we may be thinking of separate things.
Sig! Onol

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wat.

War of the Third DLC Character.
Currently in the running:
Aeon
Annie
Eliza
Minette

EDIT:
Gameplay Inspiration
Captain Kidd (World Heroes 2), Street Sharks, Slayer (Guilty Gear XX #Reload), Richard Feynman (physics!), Iron Man (Marvel vs. Capcom series), Cyclops (Marvel vs. Capcom series), Gordon Freeman (Half-Life series)
Stanley, we hardley knew ye.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 04:56:04 am by NobodyPro »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wat.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 1517 1518 [1519] 1520 1521 ... 3345