Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1516 1517 [1518] 1519 1520 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3707504 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Yeah, it saves automatically on each compile (about every minute or so). And we have 3 drives we can use:
C drive wipes upon reboot; never use that for obvious reasons
D drive wipes only upon imaging the machine, an event which is very rare and should always come with several hours warning since they are automated hours if not days in advance
Z drive never wipes, but is a network drive out in the cloud, and so compiling, running, and any file IO in the code will be much slower and prone to random errors; pretty much never code here because of the errors which are introduced (most IDEs have some workspace thingy which they assume to be local, and so break if they aren't)

So yeah, always use the D drive and you are safe. Except for when they really fuck up.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

As a professional paranormal exorcist, I know that salt effectively deters ghosts. Try rubbing salt into your eyes!

I'm helping!  I'm helping!

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:15:54 pm by Ogdibus »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

And then we all were bizarro Sealab characters, because of paranormal infection.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Fuck everything. I think I'm pretty much doomed to fail one of my classes now because I woke up two hours too early, and then one too late. Fuck all-or-nothing out-of-class assignments, fuck Appalachian, the Sustainable Development program having overlap with my major, fuck sleep debt, and fuck my alarm clock. And when my family inevitably gives me shit over this they can go fuck themselves too.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

I was going to go into how my lawnmower broke down and how I hate that entire keeping up with the jonses process that serves no purpose outside of wasting gasoline, belching pollution into the air, and wasting people's valuable time and energy, and that it used to be only the rich would have their lawns trimmed and the only reason we all do now is because of all the egotistical morons wanted to look rich when the lawnmower was invented, and then lawnmower companies lobbied to make not trimming your lawn illegal.

But everybody has worse rages than me.

If it makes you feel better metal, I have the same issues from time to time.  I once got a fancy alarm clock that had something like 10 buttons to set the alarm time.  It almost never went off when I wanted it to, and the instructions for the thing were not only sparse but written in engrish.  You may be able to speak to your professor and see about any way to make up anything you missed.  Just last week my speech teacher allowed me to make up 3 quizzes I missed, with no point deduction at all, I was worried I'd fail without those.

And worse case scenario you could always retake next semester, if yer on financial aid sometimes they'll still pay for retakes, and you already have the books and other materials, so it would be cheaper this time if yer self pay or on a loan.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile

Facebook stupid.
I have finaly decided to leave, for these reasons.

Yes its macromeme, but thats the only place I could find that image.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Get better friends xD

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Facebook stupid.
I have finaly decided to leave, for these reasons.

Yes its macromeme, but thats the only place I could find that image.
The only thing worse than having to read what others post of their lives is that others will read into your life.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

If it makes you feel better metal, I have the same issues from time to time.  I once got a fancy alarm clock that had something like 10 buttons to set the alarm time.  It almost never went off when I wanted it to, and the instructions for the thing were not only sparse but written in engrish.  You may be able to speak to your professor and see about any way to make up anything you missed.  Just last week my speech teacher allowed me to make up 3 quizzes I missed, with no point deduction at all, I was worried I'd fail without those.
I just use my phone as an alarm clock. Just set it to vibrate and stick it in your pillowcase (make sure you have a good lock to stop sleep dialing :P). When your pillow starts vibrating you really wake up fast.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

I just use my phone as an alarm clock. Just set it to vibrate and stick it in your pillowcase (make sure you have a good lock to stop sleep dialing :P). When your pillow starts vibrating you really wake up fast.

If I really have to wake up reliably, I set my phone on vibrate and fall asleep with it in my hand, usually grasped in a fist tucked under my body so I don't drop it.  Only method I've found that works reliably.  Alarm clocks don't work on me.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

... under the clothes, i2. Assuming you wear any to bed. If you've got a good pillow setup th'pillows starting to vibrate is probably going to do shit. Your heart/jimmies start rustling, though, and you're probably about to start moving.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heh, I wake up before the alarm goes off, regardless of what it's set to. I managed to train myself to hate the sound of the alarm so much, I can get up and turn it off before it goes off, and failing that, the noise is enough to bring me to full alertness for a few seconds to shut it off.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Save your work. Always. Every fifteen minutes. Save your god damn work. No matter what, if somebody asks you is your work saved, the answer should be yes.

Right now I don't even want to think about how bad you are feeling right now. Fuck I hate loosing an hour of work, but nine hours..? Just... Wow. Save your work, always.

You should probably be saving it out to external storage as well, like a beefy flash drive.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

... I just realized that, y'know? A thing they need. Cascading daisy-chain flash drives.

Like. They plug into the usb. And another flash drive plugs into them. When you save something to the one plugged into the computer, it saves it to all the other ones, too.

Though it does look like they've got plain daisychained ones. Neat. Probably wouldn't take too much effort to get it to work like that, then.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 1516 1517 [1518] 1519 1520 ... 3345