Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1514 1515 [1516] 1517 1518 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3707553 times)

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile

MAKEKS U THINKKS

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile

MAKEKS U THINKKS

That guy is a jackass
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile

#he'sanidiot

Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed by burning sulfur from the sky.  Not an earthquake ._.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

If you want to get technical, Sodom and Gomorrah are probably totally fictional and thus were never destroyed.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

If you want to get technical, Sodom and Gomorrah are probably totally fictional and thus were never destroyed.
Gomorrah - it'll be our little secret.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I remember reading something, I think it was a Cracked.com article, about how they found the remains of a meteor that hit somewhere in Austria a few thousand years ago, but the impact caused some huge fireballs to keep bouncing(think skipping a rock across water, only the rock is on fire, and the water is a wasteland of destruction), hitting someplace in the Middle East. The whole story about the evils of Sodom and Gomorrah were probably due to someone watching the destruction and thinking "Man, did they piss God off, He rained fire on them."

And then Lot got date-raped by his daughters.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Cracked is not exactly a bastion of historical accuracy.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

Cracked is not exactly a bastion of accuracy.
FTFY
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Marketers. I fucking hate them. I especially hate the ones that try to act as though they're not marketing, as though they're doing you some enormous square by advertising to you. Even more so when they have all the tact and skill of fucking thrown brick. You know what? Just be honest. Identify yourself for what you are and be honest about your intent. On that level, I may give your product the look you want. But don't try to be my friend, because that makes you look like a manipulative snake. You're not my friend. You're a guy trying to make some money and make money for other people.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
No Gods, No Masters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Enough.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tried to install one audio codec to fix one game suffering from no sound, which wasn't a priority to be honest, and now all the sound on my computer is messed up. Some parts play loud, some parts play soft, some mute. Trying to fix this is a pain in the ass.

On the upside, that game did get its sound back, except for the issue plaguing everything else.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have absolutely no words. I am so angry at my mother right now I simply have no words. Oh wait, I do. She's a racist scumbag. She tried to preach to me how Islam is evil and shouldn't be allowed to be brought to America because the 'bombers'* are Islamic! 'They shouldn't had been let in after 9/11! Those Arabs and Muslims should stay where they come from and stay out of America!' I can't believe she said that to me! She seriously tried to defend the idea of barring an entire race and religion from the US because of a few radicals! Then she threatened to throw a comb at me when I started to argue against her idea!

'Let them fucking fight for their own country and stay out of ours!'-Her on people who would want to come to America who aren't extremists.

I have a headache now.

*Boston Bombers. Not sure if that is correct or not.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 08:05:18 pm by Corai »
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute
Pages: 1 ... 1514 1515 [1516] 1517 1518 ... 3345