Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1513 1514 [1515] 1516 1517 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3707586 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

My teacher's assistant practically bullied me into writing an essay that I CANNOT write. 'Which right is absolutely the most important? If we like it, then you get to go learn about being a lawyer!'

I don't want to learn about being a lawyer. Truean made sure of that. And I simply cannot write these kinds of essays.
-Edit-
Oh, and i'll get in trouble if I don't write it. I also only have one day.

/firstworldproblems

Nothing to worry about man, it's not that hard bullshit your way through an essay without really believing in what you're writing. Granted, you still want to ensure that it's written well, but I've written plenty of essays about stuff I'm absolutely opposed to or have no passion in writing about. It'll suck writing it, but you'll at least get something decent out there as opposed to nothing at all.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

My scheme isn't actually crazy. The whole point of essays like these are to exercise your rhetorical abilities, and that involves stepping outside your personal beliefs and comfort zones. ESPECIALLY if this is supposed to be as part of an introduction to lawyering.
You ninja'd me. :P Quote added for context.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

My teacher's assistant practically bullied me into writing an essay that I CANNOT write. 'Which right is absolutely the most important? If we like it, then you get to go learn about being a lawyer!'

I don't want to learn about being a lawyer. Truean made sure of that. And I simply cannot write these kinds of essays.
-Edit-

/firstworldproblems

Freedom of thought. All other freedoms expand from it.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

-Edit-

/firstworldproblems

Dude. You gotta fight for your right to party.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The thing is, if I write it GOOD, the i'll either have to call in sick the day of the field trip or loose a day of school. I need to be at school to catch up on work. I'm behind and I don't need 'here is the twenty one pages of work you missed during the field trip'

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

... write it good and then just refuse to go. Or have the guardian-whatever write a note disallowing it. Something along those lines. I'm relatively certain they can't legally chain you to the transportation method and force you along.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

Paradox released their latest expansion for Victoria 2, and it's a piece of shit. They add in largely untested mechanics, along with adjusting things like population growth without obviously testing a damn thing. On top of that, besides those new mechanics they don't add anything else. You'd think they'd add in a new country, or more historical events or decisions, but nope. Only four new events, and one new joke nation.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Really? So far I've only seen one major bug (the one where your factories don't pay people). And a few minor issues most notably where the world doesn't seem to produce enough fruit to satisfy everyone, which is a problem because people will save their pennies to buy a few slices of fruit at exorbant prices, which seems to put a damper on the consumer economy... except in the elite fruit producing nations where the stuff is plentiful. It's kinda crazy.

That said there really are some things that need balance and tweeking.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

What's this joke nation?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Uzbeki-beki-stan?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

Really? So far I've only seen one major bug (the one where your factories don't pay people). And a few minor issues most notably where the world doesn't seem to produce enough fruit to satisfy everyone, which is a problem because people will save their pennies to buy a few slices of fruit at exorbant prices, which seems to put a damper on the consumer economy... except in the elite fruit producing nations where the stuff is plentiful. It's kinda crazy.

That said there really are some things that need balance and tweeking.
Well, possibly not a bug but dominions work very oddly, and a majority of the time the AI will release their colonial possessions as soon as they get them.

But they country they added as Jan Mayen, which is apparently a small island off the coast of Iceland. Funnily enough, the flag for this much requested nation is a bear, and when you change government types the solid background behind the main symbol changes colors. I'm just generally sick of Paradox pushing out clearly unfinished expansions that really have the content a patch should have, and expect us to be happy with it. They did the same thing with most CK2 expansions, except they were features that obviously were in the game beforehand (If I remember correctly, some of the expansions simply activated content already in the game) or should of been in the game in the first place. I love Paradox, but they're getting pretty shady in terms of their expansions/
Welcome to Reality.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Just wait until The Old Gods comes out and Pagans always take over the whole map because of their war tendency.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because no other religion is warmongering  ??? ?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

A few of the pagans get serious penalties for being at peace for too long, so in this context, yes.
No Gods, No Masters.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

I'm just generally sick of Paradox pushing out clearly unfinished expansions that really have the content a patch should have, and expect us to be happy with it. They did the same thing with most CK2 expansions, except they were features that obviously were in the game beforehand (If I remember correctly, some of the expansions simply activated content already in the game) or should of been in the game in the first place. I love Paradox, but they're getting pretty shady in terms of their expansions/

No they didn't. None of the Muslim features existed. None of the Orthodox features existed. Nothing in the OC even resembles the gameplay added with the Republic DLC. And to top that off, you get updated and new gameplay and events for free with every released expansion DLC. And it's not just crumbles either, basically half of what they could use as draw to get people to buy the DLC is given away, for no other reason than that they care what you think about them. Paradox is pretty much the best mainstream company in this regard.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 1513 1514 [1515] 1516 1517 ... 3345