Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1512 1513 [1514] 1515 1516 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3707591 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

Damnit Provo gets Google Fiber and im still screwed with comcast on shitty copper lines up north! Stingy ass city council, cause im pretty sure we need that damn fertility clinic near the highway, you don't have enough kids yet ::)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

It's fucking snowing. Again. IT'S APRIL GODDAMN 18TH, THIS IS BULLSHIT.

If I find Father Winter, I'm taking a bat to his kneecaps.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Heh. Today's morning I had searing hot temperatures, now a brief hail and thunderstorm.

The fun part is that I still had snow a week ago.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My stepdad was talking about "assigning" me and my sister to monthly bathroom duty, as if we were his property to assign in this manner, when 60% of whatever dirt in the bathroom his fault, along with the dishes, where 80%(was 90%, before my sister moved in) of the unclean dishes are his fault. He also said a few things I'd rather not refresh in my memory.

Then I lost the headpiece to my screwdriver. What followed could be termed a "major psychotic episode". I lost the ability to speak coherently for a few minutes, and I am not kidding about that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile

I just got my new laptop yesterday. I fucking love it and all, but my only complaint is: Whoever thought that making the touchpad's buttons also part of the touchpad is an idiot. I have to press down a certain way so the mouse won't move away from whatever I'm clicking.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

I just got my new laptop yesterday. I fucking love it and all, but my only complaint is: Whoever thought that making the touchpad's buttons also part of the touchpad is an idiot. I have to press down a certain way so the mouse won't move away from whatever I'm clicking.
Better then the design where all the volume keys, brightness keys, and that stuff is also the function keys.  It makes games like Deus Ex hell when you need to use F4 NOW, and you don't have the time to go press two other buttons first to prevent yourself from instead disconnecting from the internet. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Better then the design where all the volume keys, brightness keys, and that stuff is also the function keys.  It makes games like Deus Ex hell when you need to use F4 NOW, and you don't have the time to go press two other buttons first to prevent yourself from instead disconnecting from the internet.
Most laptops with a Fn secondary key have a way to switch the configuration so that the function keys are the default and the volume/brightness/video controls/etc. are the secondaries.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

its 5:20, my banks hours are until 5:30, they are closed
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Don't get such a goddamn small laptop that they can't even fit all the keys on the keyboard. That will solve all these issues.

Mine has a separate panel for all the volume buttons and stuff. Sure, the panel is exactly where most people's left hand usually rests and the buttons are incredibly sensitive, but it's actually intelligently placed in the more recent models.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

Don't get such a goddamn small laptop that they can't even fit all the keys on the keyboard. That will solve all these issues.

Mine has a separate panel for all the volume buttons and stuff. Sure, the panel is exactly where most people's left hand usually rests and the buttons are incredibly sensitive, but it's actually intelligently placed in the more recent models.
Mines actually very large.  It's just that most of the bottom part is blank, AND the keys are fairly large.  They could of easily added a seperate row of keys.

Most laptops with a Fn secondary key have a way to switch the configuration so that the function keys are the default and the volume/brightness/video controls/etc. are the secondaries.
Time to go control pad hunting!
Also, while on the subject, the mute key on my laptop NEVER works when my parents enter my room when I'm supposed to be working on my art history class.  So I actually find it easier to use YouTube's mute button. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My teacher's assistant practically bullied me into writing an essay that I CANNOT write. 'Which right is absolutely the most important? If we like it, then you get to go learn about being a lawyer!'

I don't want to learn about being a lawyer. Truean made sure of that. And I simply cannot write these kinds of essays.
-Edit-
Oh, and i'll get in trouble if I don't write it. I also only have one day.

/firstworldproblems
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 07:07:06 pm by Corai »
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

My teacher's assistant practically bullied me into writing an essay that I CANNOT write. 'Which right is absolutely the most important? If we like it, then you get to go learn about being a lawyer!'

I don't want to learn about being a lawyer. Truean made sure of that. And I simply cannot write these kinds of essays.
-Edit-
Oh, and i'll get in trouble if I don't write it. I also only have one day.

/firstworldproblems

literally bullshit it to the qualms of internet cats

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here's how you write it.

Step 1: Realize you don't need to believe something to write an essay about it.
Step 2: Choose a right that most people would disagree with being important at all, but which can easily be argued as such. A good choice here is rights modern society rejects, but certain cultures would see as brutally important. For example: The Right to eat deceased family members, the right to take mescaline, the right to effective and free representation, or the right to be able to control one's own property by, for example, painting your house whatever colour you see fit.
Step 3: RESEARCH! Cite papers revealing how terribly important this right is. Even better, do interviews! Remember to cherry pick your quotes. I personally believe in a whole slew of vitally important rights, and would make the perfect fodder for this. I'm even willing to give you my real name.
Step 4: PROFIT!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

literally bullshit it to the qualms of internet cats

A fellow student once did a persuasive speech for class that related the American drinking age to puppies.  Blaming a puppy shortage on all the world's problems.

She got a C.  So I've seen crazier schemes work.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 07:19:44 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My scheme isn't actually crazy. The whole point of essays like these are to exercise your rhetorical abilities, and that involves stepping outside your personal beliefs and comfort zones. ESPECIALLY if this is supposed to be as part of an introduction to lawyering.
Pages: 1 ... 1512 1513 [1514] 1515 1516 ... 3345