Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1508 1509 [1510] 1511 1512 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3707764 times)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile

Bloody hell, it's like Youtube is trying to make itself as broken as possible. It's had this "problem" where no matter how long you let the video sit it only loads to a certain point. To get the video to keep loading past that buffer point then you have to start watching the video. If you have a slower than average internet connection like I have, it's a huge bitch to watch anything because then the video can't buffer itself fast enough to keep up with the little sliding tracker dealie.

I could fix this problem by switching video quality and switching back, then let the video load just fine while I'm doing other stuff.

Now the videos with the most recent interface have been fixed so that this won't work. This implies this is some sort of sick intentional design. What kind of arse thinks it's a good idea to make a video buffer to only a certain point? Not everyone can afford a superfast godlike internet connection you rich Youtube monsters!

[/firstworldproblems]
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

I think that's actually a glitch, Space Cat. Mine loads all the way to full, but it used to do what you are describing.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Basically to save bandwidth for google, the video only loads so far ahead of where you are up to. If the video loads faster than you are watching, no problem, but if not then you can't just leave it to load for a while to load up.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

I know the problem you are having.  Lately whever I try to download a youtube video for a car trip, I only get a few minues before I get some sort of connection error.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know the problem you are having.  Lately whever I try to download a youtube video for a car trip, I only get a few minues before I get some sort of connection error.
But aren't you using Keepvid?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile

Notepad++ find in files replaces "text" in DLLs.

Err... what are you trying to do exactly?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Kinda like Elves are a subset of humans. :P
Unless you're playing TES, then Elves are a subset of Mer and closely related to both orcs and dwarves, but completely unrelated to humans :P

But I think we're mainly following Tolkien here.

Notepad++ find in files replaces "text" in DLLs.

Err... what are you trying to do exactly?
Notepad++ has this neat function that lets you search a certain folder and it's sub-folders for text and then replace it. But it seems that it also replaces instances of that string that it found in .dll files.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 11:09:56 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Kinda like Elves are a subset of humans. :P
Unless you're playing TES, then Elves are a subset of Mer and closely related to both orcs and dwarves, but completely unrelated to humans :P

But I think we're mainly following Tolkien here.
If that's the case, the Elves were made before men.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Notepad++ has this neat function that lets you search a certain folder and it's sub-folders for text and then replace it. But it seems that it also replaces instances of that string that it found in .dll files.

Wow... that... sounds like a terrible oversight for a program so frequently used by programmers.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think the terrible oversight here is putting source files in the same folder as your dll files.

Why would you do that, and then expect a batch replace to not hit them as well!?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mostly I just wouldn't expect a text replace to poke through binary files unless you explicitly asked it to.  Specifically for this reason.

Keeping source files outside of directories with binary files in them is a good suggestion, but it's not hard to conceive of scenarios where text and binary files could coexist in a directory that you might want to include in a mass find and replace.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

I hate paint.net and it's layer bullshit so much.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Tried GIMP 2.0? I won't make excuses for its layers, it has them too. But it might be better.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

GIMP is much, much worse. I dropped it for paint.net a long time ago. I'm starting to suspect there is something wrong with the program, because once I deselect a layer it will never move again.
No Gods, No Masters.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hate paint.net and it's layer bullshit so much.

I will never stop selling it to people, because I love it, but I use Graphics Gale for low res stuff, and PaintToolSAI for high-res stuff. Both support layering, but SAI has photoshop-type tools and filters geared toward digital painting and illustration, while GraphicsGale has tools and filters is geared for spriting and animation.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 09:06:16 pm by Solifuge »
Pages: 1 ... 1508 1509 [1510] 1511 1512 ... 3345