Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1504 1505 [1506] 1507 1508 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3707810 times)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

Right.

I'm saying that I, personally, see not all that much difference between physical and emotional damage.  It's an integral part of how I view the world.  For most people, this is apparently not the case.
I must agree. There are many types of physical damage that I can easily take, and there are many kinds of emotional damage I can take, with little long term consequence, but overall I think emotional damage is much more severe, unless it is life threatening, or disabling. If I get a punched I can recover with little consequence.  If one of my few friendships is ruined, or my ability to view myself as a person?  That is much harder to recover from.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Though to be fair there are plenty of people old enough to know better who do still behave like children dicks when they're dealing with a dysfunctional or former relationship.
FTFY. Children are better than that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seems like one more reason not to get involved in romance if it's the case.

Though to be fair there are plenty of people old enough to know better who do still behave like children dicks when they're dealing with a dysfunctional or former relationship.
FTFY. Children are better than that.
I would say that somewhat depends on which children and under what circumstances, but yes, a lot of the dickish things children pick up they do learn from adults.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

It is perhaps more accurate to say that children commit such actions out of justifiable ignorance, while adults commit them either out of unjustifiable ignorance or malice.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

It is perhaps more accurate to say that children commit such actions out of justifiable ignorance, while adults commit them either out of unjustifiable ignorance or malice.
That pretty much sums up everything children do ever.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Most children.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Most children.
Fair enough. Some people are just dicks, no matter how young or old they are.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Other rage: the guy on the next floor up has been apparently PISSING OUT OF HIS WINDOW AND ONTO MINE, SPLATTERING THE RADIATOR INSIDE MY ROOM for the past few weeks.  At first I thought it was just some weird gutter runoff, but no.  It seems to be piss.  After all, why else would there be telltale yellowish streams, always at night, and always with a urination sort of sound and quantity?

Needless to say he's been reported.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

We need a 'few thing that made you Ewwwwwwwwww today' thread :S

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

Well that does go under the WTF thread. Now when you say reported you mean police right?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, I mean the residence hall people.  I'm in a sort of dorm.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Are you beneath MSH and his room-mate? >_>

That sounds like MSH's room-mate.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

My roommate is not quite so bad as to piss out the window. It helps that the window has a grate that is sealed (at least until the seal was MYSTERIOUSLY BROKEN. I WONDER WHO COULD HAVE DONE THAT?). Plus, he would have to get in a really weird position to have his waist above the window.

Also, I don't think that a graduate student would be stuck in a dorm that is so small it would be illegal to build today, and would be illegal to house prisoners in.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just lost a 4+ paragraph post on something that pissed me off.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm still an undergrad, hoho.

My room's 200 square feet with two people in it.  Kind of nice.

Pages: 1 ... 1504 1505 [1506] 1507 1508 ... 3345