Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1502 1503 [1504] 1505 1506 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3707929 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because if they're not totally broken off from the ribcage, no medical attention is indicated.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Ah yes, medical stubbornness. I know I have it, I've waited until I started showing signs of pneumonia to even start taking cough syrup before.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah yes, medical stubbornness. I know I have it, I've waited until I started showing signs of pneumonia to even start taking cough syrup before.

LOL THAT'S HOW THE BROKEN RIBS HAPPENED

*cough*
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

LOL THAT'S HOW THE BROKEN RIBS HAPPENED

*cough*
You broke your ribs from coughing? Good lord!  :o
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

I've cracked a rib from coughing. Only cracked/broken bone I've ever had, too.

Didn't go to the doctor since there's literally nothing they could've done. Just lived with the pain for ~3 weeks.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

I can believe it. I don't think I even had full-blown pneumonia (as a few days of being constantly on cough syrup brought me back out of it), and I was still coughing hard enough to be unable to sleep and have bloody mucus during the worst of it.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jeez. I don't think I've ever coughed that hard in my life :(

Then again, I start taking meds (even just cough syrup) as soon I start feeling poorly, so...

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He's not stalking me, though.  I think we need an entirely new word for whatever the hell this is, because he's not following me around or whatever.
Stalking is officially defined as something along the lines of "a pattern of offensive or distubring behaviour, that is usually intended to be offensive".

Most people think of stalking as being something serial killers do to the pretty girl they met at the convenience store, but honestly what you're describing is what most people typically experience when it comes to "stalking"...

If you really wanted you could probably get a restraining order telling him not to stay in the dorm or eat there any more.

Honestly, if he's acting like this, the distance might do you both some good here.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

I eat well and get my damn flu shots.
I actually can't relate to this topic at all...  :'(

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

You think a flu shot will protect you? I don't know about Vector, but what I had wasn't influenza, as I was vaccinated. I'm not a professional but if I had to guess I'd say it was bacterial.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, it was eventually determined that shit might have been broken or cartilage was torn or whatever (fuck if I know, but one of my sides had a sort of bulge in it), but it wasn't enough to show up on the X-ray so they just shipped me back home with $50 of antibiotics.

Good thing I took those.  I really needed them.  This was just "walking pneumonia," though.  I was having honest trouble breathing due to fluid in the lungs, and I'd felt my ribs go pop multiple times.

Jeez. I don't think I've ever coughed that hard in my life :(

Then again, I start taking meds (even just cough syrup) as soon I start feeling poorly, so...

Hoho.

I was walking home, talking to my mom on the phone, when I had a coughing fit and suddenly felt, very strongly, that I had better sit down.  So I sat down and I coughed and coughed, and then it felt like something just sort of went in my side and I was like "HUUUUURGH mom I think I broke something."

And then I couldn't stand up for a while, but I managed to drag my sorry corpse home.  And then, a few days later, I went to the doctor onna bus.  The end.

Stalking is officially defined as something along the lines of "a pattern of offensive or distubring behaviour, that is usually intended to be offensive".

You're right, I looked it up--I hadn't heard of it as anything other than surveillance stalking.  I'm more seriously thinking about it now.

You think a flu shot will protect you? I don't know about Vector, but what I had wasn't influenza, as I was vaccinated. I'm not a professional but if I had to guess I'd say it was bacterial.

I had really bad bout of fuck knows what that laid me out on my back for a couple days, and then suddenly pneumonia.  I wasn't vaccinated back then, but I sure as hell am now, because this is the second time I've had pneumonia and I really don't want there to be a third.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well...damn, that really sucks. I hope I don't catch whatever you had. Sounds nasty D:

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

As to this stalking business, we can do a simple risk reward analysis.
You tell the police and...
They can't help you: Well this is basically the same as not telling the police. No extra risk.
They can help you: This might help your problem dramatically.

All reward and no risk makes things somewhat simple.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Option 3: I'm wrong and I ruin some poor fucker's life and embarrass him or

Option 3: I'm wrong and it becomes a big political incident

Option 3: I'm right and the cost to my reputation isn't worth it

Pages: 1 ... 1502 1503 [1504] 1505 1506 ... 3345