Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1489 1490 [1491] 1492 1493 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3708347 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Y'know, there's is a lot of sexism being hidden under the aegis of MRA, but holy shit I'm sick of these absolutist hypocrites opposing it.
If you listen to the angry raging feminist she does bring up some half decent points. Shame she went about it trying to silence the opposition instead of having a civil discussion with them.
That's exactly the issue. If the people representing your view are frothing at the mouth and apparently incapable of civil debate, it skews public perspective of the view itself, even when (as now) it's a legitimate, important topic that needs serious discussion.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

You actually listened to her? If you act like that your point is invalid regardless of what you're talking about imho.

I'm still wondering what those Men's Right Activists could possibly talk about though.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile

Stuff like that only hurts the cause they are trying to support instead of help it
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

You actually listened to her? If you act like that your point is invalid regardless of what you're talking about imho.

These discussions always end up sounding like "Women aren't allowed to be angry about"... uh. You know, I just watched that and I'm not going to defend this one.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm still wondering what those Men's Right Activists could possibly talk about though.

To put it lightly, there's people who are made bitter by the American brand of feminism, which in their opinion does not seek equality but a change of the current system into a full-on matriarchy, not unlike the patriarchy feminism started fighting in the first place. I do share the same sentiment when it comes to the American kind. Try not to kill me.
I'd also post a small comparison, but after rereading it it's unable to be put across in a diplomatic manner. My apologies. Another set of apologies if you meant these activists in particular, bandwidth's pretty horrible at the moment and I won't dare load up a video.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

I remember that! Good job, pseudofemenists!

You know whets even more wtf? That wasn't even the MRA!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 02:32:18 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

In fact, technically, everywhere is the center, because no matter where you are, everything is expanding away from you.
But what if you're at the edge.

There is an edge right :?
noep
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

These discussions always end up sounding like "Women aren't allowed to be angry about"... uh. You know, I just watched that and I'm not going to defend this one.
There's a difference between being angry and abusing systems to end all discussion not coming from your soapbox. One is an emotional state, the other is bully tactics.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

Arguably, the MRA's weren't necessarily focusing on just men alone. Their website is very much focused on gender equality, and doesn't have much mention of focusing on males in particular. I dislike activists who brand themselves as proponents of equality for one gender anyways, as it implies that they think only that gender needs to be focused on at the moment. Why not just brand yourself as a gender equality activist and leave it at that?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

There's a difference between being angry and abusing systems to end all discussion not coming from your soapbox. One is an emotional state, the other is bully tactics.

I think both of those things are commonly associated with the same straw feminist stereotypes, so people often use any sign of anger or emotion to dismiss someone's argument completely.

I dislike activists who brand themselves as proponents of equality for one gender anyways, as it implies that they think only that gender needs to be focused on at the moment. Why not just brand yourself as a gender equality activist and leave it at that?

Do you dislike the NAACP?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I think both of those things are commonly associated with the same straw feminist stereotypes, so people often use any sign of anger or emotion to dismiss someone's argument completely.
Anger != pulling a fire alarm to end discussion. She didn't even listen to what the other guys and ladies were saying in response to her arguments, or list rather. There is a discussion and there is disrespect. And this isn't a straw feminist stereotype, this is everything she did.

In short; people weren't ignoring her because she was a feminist, it's because she was being an absolute wanker.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Anger != pulling a fire alarm to end discussion. She didn't even listen to what the other guys and ladies were saying in response to her arguments, or list rather. There is a discussion and there is disrespect. And this isn't a straw feminist stereotype, this is everything she did.

In short; people weren't ignoring her because she was a feminist, it's because she was being an absolute wanker.
For once the Amazing Atheist actually said it correctly in his response video.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

I dislike activists who brand themselves as proponents of equality for one gender anyways, as it implies that they think only that gender needs to be focused on at the moment. Why not just brand yourself as a gender equality activist and leave it at that?

Do you dislike the NAACP?
I think that's a rather obvious answer, and a rather bad way to argue against my statement. Of course I appreciate the NAACP and what they're doing, I'm just more in favor to not representing a single groups interests regarding social equality and representing people as a whole.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Yeah, that's why I said I wasn't going to defend this particular one back in my first post. I was just half-jokingly mentioning that this sounds like a lot of discussions that treat an angry feminist like the fire alarm pulling kind.

I think that's a rather obvious answer, and a rather bad way to argue against my statement. Of course I appreciate the NAACP and what they're doing, I'm just more in favor to not representing a single groups interests regarding social equality and representing people as a whole.

Eh, I'd assumed a bit too much from your post.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Argh, trying to play Shores of Hazeron again after so long, but for some reason, as soon as I enter the game, I lose internet connection until I close the game. Not sure if it's just Hazeron or not.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 1489 1490 [1491] 1492 1493 ... 3345