Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1487 1488 [1489] 1490 1491 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3708474 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile

Really, if anyone is ever confronted by a vicious animal and it's highly unlikely they'll survive, they may as well go out in style. Just think of what people would say when they heard that their friend died by running up to a bear, and punching it in the face. Hell, I doubt they'd be talking more about how fucking awesome that was than how sad they were that you died.

IIRC, punching a Bear in the face is actually a good idea - it has a massive number of nerve endings in its nose and a good old bop to them has been known to make them run away (that last bit is sketchy - I might actually mean "flip thier shit"). You can't outrun them, climbing a tree won't work, playing dead, small or angry tends not to work.

Sharks, now smacking them in the nose is a good idea, if you can manage it through water. Again, lots of nerve endings in that spot that wont respond in a positive manner to a bopping.

Throwing rocks and sticks at a bear if you can is also a good idea. Animals don't like getting hit with rocks anymore than we do, and if you're making yourself look big, hurting it, and being very loud, it will probably leave you alone and go find a helpless deer to powermaul.

As for the sharks... Don't go in the water. >.> If you do, punching in the nose (according to mythbusters) will deter them, but their nose is really solid (This was the impression I got at least). It might be better to jab at their eyes or gills, if you can.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Really, if anyone is ever confronted by a vicious animal and it's highly unlikely they'll survive, they may as well go out in style. Just think of what people would say when they heard that their friend died by running up to a bear, and punching it in the face. Hell, I doubt they'd be talking more about how fucking awesome that was than how sad they were that you died.

IIRC, punching a Bear in the face is actually a good idea - it has a massive number of nerve endings in its nose and a good old bop to them has been known to make them run away (that last bit is sketchy - I might actually mean "flip thier shit"). You can't outrun them, climbing a tree won't work, playing dead, small or angry tends not to work.

Sharks, now smacking them in the nose is a good idea, if you can manage it through water. Again, lots of nerve endings in that spot that wont respond in a positive manner to a bopping.

Throwing rocks and sticks at a bear if you can is also a good idea. Animals don't like getting hit with rocks anymore than we do, and if you're making yourself look big, hurting it, and being very loud, it will probably leave you alone and go find a helpless deer to powermaul.

As for the sharks... Don't go in the water. >.> If you do, punching in the nose (according to mythbusters) will deter them, but their nose is really solid (This was the impression I got at least). It might be better to jab at their eyes or gills, if you can.

Or find yourself a bigger boat.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Reminds me of my mother. When she was a lil' girl she survived getting attacked by wild dogs by hitting them all in the face with a bin lid until some other people showed up.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

to survive a mountain lion attack:
1. apply fist to its eye
2. if no help then dig it out
3. still doesn't help you're fucked

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile

to survive a mountain lion attack:
1. apply fist to its eye
2. if no help then dig it out
3. still doesn't help you're fucked
Attack it's balls! It works for badgers!

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

From what I understand in the case of sharks when you bop them on the nose they instinctually think they ran into something and will try to swim away. It's a sort of survival mechanism to keep them from getting caught in coral reefs and such. It's sort of like when you pinch the back of a cat's neck they instinctively freeze because that's how their mother would carry them around as kittens (don't try to carry an adult cat this way though, an adult cat does not have the structure to be carried by the back of it's neck).

EDIT: Oh and my rage today, this online math homework thing, it's usually pretty good all things considered, and it's nice to have immediate feedback when you screw something up, but today it's really being frustrating.

I've filled out this triangle three times now but it keeps marking it wrong because one of my angles is different by 1, what's more it'd only different by 1 because of rounding issues.

EDIT2: I finally managed to get it "right", and it gave me the tick box with the generic "you answered correctly" thing, only it apparently glitched out and also gave me the "here's the hint for what you need to do here" thing as well. I think the damn program is taunting me.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 03:53:18 pm by Pnx »

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!

Forgot food in oven o_o

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

... still oven left?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!

Yes, and for some reason everything went betterworse than expected. Instead of burnt, it wasn't even close to being done and I'm starving ._.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Argh...customers...

Don't get fucking mad at me because a) you developed a process b) the process is counter to what the system does and c) you tie your own hands in being able to address these issues because you want managerial control with no managerial oversight. If counter people can't change shit on invoices, and you require changes on invoices, then someone needs to quit being a fuckwit and take managerial responsibility for the things that need to be done. Don't call me and talk to me like I'm a fucking moron because your system is stupid. I can only tell you the way the software is supposed to work and help you find a work around....I can't magically make the process you created less stupid!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Fucking insurance companies...

Refusing to pay for my wife's medical bills, because they claim she hasn't filled out some paperwork to prove that she doesn't have any other insurance, which she has filled out and sent back to them several times.  I finally got someone to assure me over the phone that it was taken care of a while ago, so we re-submitted the claim... and then they still rejected it.  Now they simply won't answer the phone when I call.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Insurance of all kinds is a goddamn scam. Furthermore, government mandated insurance is the worst. (See: car insurance.) If they want to make me to have insurance, they should pay for it. It's not like I couldn't spend the money on things like bills or stuff for my kid.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Insurance of all kinds is a goddamn scam. Furthermore, government mandated insurance is the worst. (See: car insurance.) If they want to make me to have insurance, they should pay for it. It's not like I couldn't spend the money on things like bills or stuff for my kid.

It most certainly is.  Unfortunately, the prevalence of that scam has managed to drive the cost of health care up to the point that's impossible to get it any other way    >:(
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

You've probably heard me rant about my great books group before. So, I'll shorten it up this time. Three of them believe that is impossible to know if the sun circles the earth of the earth circles the sun. Three. Of. Them.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

It most certainly is.  Unfortunately, the prevalence of that scam has managed to drive the cost of health care up to the point that's impossible to get it any other way    >:(
Oh, trust me, I know. I've been broken for years because of the whole health insurance bullshit. Can't even get decent painkillers because they're so expensive. I have to rely on acetaminophen, ibuprofen, caffeine, alcohol, and grit to get through the pain.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 1487 1488 [1489] 1490 1491 ... 3345